Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit 1200s headlight conversion?

2 posters

Go down

Bandit 1200s headlight conversion? Empty Bandit 1200s headlight conversion?

Post  Mitch J Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:16 am

G'day All,

Just looking to obtain some info regarding headlight conversions.

I've recently bought myself an '05 1200s, and was looking to change to the single headlight as per the overseas 1200n model. I want to try and use factory suzuki items if possible, and was wondering if the light and instrument cluster brackets from perhaps, a GSX 1400, or maybe an SV650 might be a direct change over? I know a bloke that converted his using aftermarket light, and brackets. However the quality in fit and finish is not there. Ideally I want to have mine exactly as Suzuki has produced the 1200n version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mitch.
Mitch J
Mitch J

Back to top Go down

Bandit 1200s headlight conversion? Empty Re: Bandit 1200s headlight conversion?

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

Mitch J wrote:G'day All,

Just looking to obtain some info regarding headlight conversions.

I've recently bought myself an '05 1200s, and was looking to change to the single headlight as per the overseas 1200n model. I want to try and use factory suzuki items if possible, and was wondering if the light and instrument cluster brackets from perhaps, a GSX 1400, or maybe an SV650 might be a direct change over? I know a bloke that converted his using aftermarket light, and brackets. However the quality in fit and finish is not there. Ideally I want to have mine exactly as Suzuki has produced the 1200n version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mitch.

Dale Walker at Holeshot should be on your speed dial lol http://www.holeshot.com/old/Bandit/bndt_light.html

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch J Mon 15 Nov 2010, 2:21 pm

Looks the goods mate. Cheers for that. I've seen a few kits about from the US and the UK. Just seems a bit light on for options here in Australia. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.. That link specifies 96-2000. Is there any great difference between them and the K5?

My idea for trying to stick to a factory type option though, is that I would be able to get parts off the shelf, or a wrecking yard. Hence the GSX or SV possibility. Or maybe I just worry too much for a young bloke..
Mitch J
Mitch J

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 15 Nov 2010, 4:02 pm

Mitch J wrote:Looks the goods mate. Cheers for that. I've seen a few kits about from the US and the UK. Just seems a bit light on for options here in Australia. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.. That link specifies 96-2000. Is there any great difference between them and the K5?

My idea for trying to stick to a factory type option though, is that I would be able to get parts off the shelf, or a wrecking yard. Hence the GSX or SV possibility. Or maybe I just worry too much for a young bloke..

Yeah I also wondered what the difference was. Maybe one of the older Bandit owners can answer that one.
Dale has a good range of custom bits for the Bandit. I wouldn’t be to worried about keeping it "Suzuki" as you can see some bits are not that easy to locate. Get something that works and looks good and hopefully you wont have to replace anything in the future.
There's some good info amongst us lot if you stick around.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down