Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid-19, has it affected you?

+5
barry_mcki
Chook
gus
paul
Ewok1958
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 Empty Covid-19, has it affected you?

Post  Chook Tue 17 Mar 2020, 6:10 am

First topic message reminder :

For me it went from a struggle to find loo paper, to empty shelves of basic food and hygiene products in about a week or so.

Then Sunday I went to go to my local Aldi about an hour after opening time, at least 100 waiting to get in the door as the store was packed to the brim.
F*** that, off to Coles where I couldn't get near a real checkout and waited 10 deep at the self serve.

Prices of a lot of basics have gone through the roof, I suspect it will only get worse

My son works in a 4 floor CBD night club, one floor alone holds over 500, they aren't sure what they are going to do ATM, what ever it is, is likely to impact his income

Yesterday I returned to work after 4 days off to find out someone from the next office was sent home and for testing Friday, we hadn't heard the results by the time I knocked off at 3:00 pm, that person allegedly returned from SE Asia about 2 weeks prior

Now my favourite winter past time (watching my SANFL club) has been postponed from early April to May

I'm not sure I understand the 500 person max in that case, surely 1000 people spread around an oval is safer that 100 inside a cinema?

Planning Tassie for November, not game to book anything yet, bloody frustrating to say the least.

Oh well, I guess life goes on in a ever changing world, I'm way better off than a lot of others, hope you're not taking to much of a hit ATM
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid-19, has it affected you?

Post  GSX1100G Sun 22 Mar 2020, 9:29 pm

I thought things might be restricted a fair bit, so on Wednesday I ordered 5 oil filters, 2 tea bag petrol filters, k&n filter & filter oil. Delivery was expected to be this Wednesday ( fingers crossed )

Back to top Go down

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid-19, has it affected you?

Post  paul Sun 22 Mar 2020, 9:39 pm

paul wrote:
Chook wrote:
paul wrote:
BanditDave wrote:
I just read on the news that there has been an upsurge in book borrowing from public libraries. Let's hope they are being borrowed as reading material and not as an alternative to toilet paper  Shocked. I guess most books, not being as glossy as Women's Weekly is a plus and there is no risk from the staples.
I might suggest  to my wife that we could use her books , she is a prolific reader and has quite a collection .............and another plus is that we wouldn't have to pay the late fee to the library  cheers .I'll see how I go  pale .
The preview to the you tube clip is sitting on the post for me to see
Same here , but to watch it I have to hold my pointer over the video number and click.If I hold it over the play button in the middle of the picture ( like other you-tube links ) , or just on the picture and click , it returns an error message . If I copy /paste the number ( ID code ) on the error message into google search , it also takes me to the video .
OK so I tried to play it on my phone , and it works perfectly and it also works on internet explorer on the desktop, so it looks like for some reason it may be a desktop chrome thing with me .I haven't encounted this before though , so beats me . Question

So after much searching I have found out my adblocker doesn't like this link in chrome for some reason............if I turn the pages protection off or whitelist youtube , it works fine .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Mon 23 Mar 2020, 3:19 am

Howdy Paul,
Well, I'm pleased to see I have given you a project to keep you off the streets for a short while.
It wasn't a big challenge but one that I had never tackled before.
Maybe I need to find another video for you  Rolling Eyes any requests?
Dave

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:17 am

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 89655010
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 Empty Online Education

Post  BanditDave Mon 23 Mar 2020, 3:51 pm

Another one for Paul (and others!)

https://youtu.be/BXbYzVjKFJE

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:24 pm

bloody hell...........the kids must be wishing they were back at school . What a racket , she must have callouses in her throat . Shocked Laughing 

Your link took me straight to the video , but I think there has been an update which has caused my issue ( I now have an extra icon appears on my menu bar when viewing  youtube in chrome ) so I can either whitelist youtube  , or turn adblock off on that page ,or click on the video title instead .............or use a different browser Rolling Eyes .I have found your video yesterday with the picture in it isn't the only one that returns an error if I click the play button ( not all of, but some )  , and only the youtube ones all other video links work ok .
Now my fingers are starting to look like her throat  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm

Looks like you might have to set up your own gym at home now Chook.

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:23 pm

paul wrote:Looks like you might have to set up your own gym at home now Chook.
I've got a roller and a few resistance bands, my biggest issue i every day I use a very hard aggressive lumpy roller on my glutes, a couple days without that and my glutes and lower back are in strife.
I've just ordered one online from Sydney, the same brand as the gym's. I went to 6 sport/fitness stores today and none of them stock the hard one, too many soft cocks using the soft foam ones.
I serviced my pushbike this morning, it's been way to long so I'm only aiming at a 1/2 hour ride with some rolling and stretches when I get home, hopefully within a couple of weeks I'll ride to work for my 7:00 and 12:00 shifts, not sure I'll do it when I'm on 15:00 shifts
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:05 pm

I never really imagined I would ever see anything like this happen, or if it did ,they would fix it pretty quickly ............shows you how good we actually had it .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 24 Mar 2020, 9:50 am

My 80 yo brother lives in Bali . Two days ago he rang me and said he didn't think the virus was in Bali yet . I was STUNNED and told him he was in trouble , big time . Today I get a message saying he found out Indo has the highest rate in the world yet the locals are ignoring it .. He can not get out and his 50yo partner is still working in a laundry . He is thought of as being the smart one of the family so Bali is in trouble .He is now doing the right thing,mask ect , ,but whats the point if no one else is .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Tue 24 Mar 2020, 1:24 pm

WOW !,
scary for him .
I see Tassie has stopped all travel to there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 24 Mar 2020, 4:57 pm

GSX1100G wrote:WOW !,
scary for him .
I see Tassie has stopped all travel to there.
Tasmania closed it's borders a 5 days ago, SA and WA have just followed suit, anyone entering those states is required to self isolate for 14 days
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Tue 24 Mar 2020, 5:45 pm

OK I understand this BS so far but what do you do on Day 15 (assuming you remember the date of day 1)?

Are you free to return to the "land of the living"?

I think it is time for a re-run of the Mad Max movies  Shocked

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 24 Mar 2020, 5:47 pm

so long as you dont have symptoms, yes
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Tue 24 Mar 2020, 5:50 pm

Time for a new movie

Mad Scotty Beyond Thunderdome

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 24 Mar 2020, 7:13 pm

Am I being irresponsible going for a ride on my motorbike ??????? (non contagious of course  )No stops
You know what im saying .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Tue 24 Mar 2020, 8:24 pm

I doubt it.
We just went to 3 confirmed here. Last 1 confirmed this morning caught a plane to here 12 days ago, so now everyone within a set radius has been told to isolate immediately. Also family, fellow workers etc.
Tourists galore from Vic & ACT, all at the beach.
Expecting a huge jump in numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 25 Mar 2020, 12:58 am

The close of Tassie boarders was a bit of a fast, until now.  All the authorities did was to have people coming in was to read and sign a form and promise to self isolate.  So of they toddled off in their caravan/campervan down the road doing their "self isolation thing", except for that petrol stop, and that food stop, and that trip to the hair dresser, and that visit of the Gorge/Lake/River, and that diner at the pub, but they isolated back to the caravan for the night. Now at least the Spirit of Tas boat people are stopping all non-residents and essential workers/travellers from boarding, which is what should have happened in the first place.

Been to the supermarkets in a couple of different locations and there is virtually none of the panic buying going on that I saw, shelves were almost all full, one had so much toilet paper it was overloaded on top of other shelves.  I suppose that one of the advantages when they distribute goods on a PER HEAD count  Laughing

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Wed 25 Mar 2020, 4:22 am

gus wrote:Am I being irresponsible going for a ride on my motorbike ??????? (non contagious of course  )No stops
You know what im saying .

I've been in the situation ridng my bike behind a car and people have sneezed / spat / blown cig smoke out of their car windows and I've had to take evasive action to avoid the spray / smoke so at the minute I am driving my car every where, until he fuel gauge tells me other wise.

on another note:
Just paid $12:00 for OXO cubes - the stock markets gone mad  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Wed 25 Mar 2020, 5:33 am

I shopped at the local Woolies a couple of days ago.
I put three packets of frozen vegies in my basket.
At the checkout I was advised that there was a limit of two.
The operator asked me to choose two which I did.
She took the third packet and put it in the bin behind the checkout.
I asked why and she said I wasn't able to purchase three items but she also wasn't allowed to return it to the freezer as it had been handled.
I know better next time but what a waste.
I also noticed that no-one is complaining about the higher prices, $7.00 for a lettuce, $9.00 for tomatoes. 
Aren't we an agreeable lot?

Being a "vego" I also noticed that there is a significant stock of dried and tinned beans available. Apart from Red Kidney beans I think a lot of these products don't fit in to the diet of the average carnivore. There is also a considerable stock of tofu, tempeh and other soy products available.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 25 Mar 2020, 10:44 am

BanditDave wrote:I shopped at the local Woolies a couple of days ago.
I put three packets of frozen vegies in my basket.
At the checkout I was advised that there was a limit of two.
The operator asked me to choose two which I did.
She took the third packet and put it in the bin behind the checkout.
I asked why and she said I wasn't able to purchase three items but she also wasn't allowed to return it to the freezer as it had been handled.
I know better next time but what a waste.
I also noticed that no-one is complaining about the higher prices, $7.00 for a lettuce, $9.00 for tomatoes. 
Aren't we an agreeable lot?

Being a "vego" I also noticed that there is a significant stock of dried and tinned beans available. Apart from Red Kidney beans I think a lot of these products don't fit in to the diet of the average carnivore. There is also a considerable stock of tofu, tempeh and other soy products available.
I took advantage of my aging yesterday morning and did the 7 am shop...........at that stage I didn't notice too much of a price jump ,  and some specials were even on offer . Some things were in short supply ( light globes among them strangely enough ) , and my daughter who went shopping  later in the day couldn't get some stuff .I prefer the 4 bean mix  Dave , but a brush with " stinky " Tofu late last year on a trip to China ( which smells  like rotten toe jam Shocked ) makes me  a bit wary of tofu in general .I wonder how the people not touching goods rule works with the milk ................people are always searching through the bottles looking for the longest expiry date .
On a happy note , my virus checker picked up an extra folder Adobe flash-player had omitted to delete in a recent update which  turns out to have been the problem I was having with some Youtube links ........yours and others works perfectly now .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Wed 25 Mar 2020, 10:52 am

Tried to buy Worcestershire sauce and popping corn this morning......no love Rolling Eyes
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 25 Mar 2020, 6:55 pm

Our local Dollar Shop has run out of mixed M&M's - devastated  Sad

Covid-19, has it affected you?  - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Wed 25 Mar 2020, 7:03 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Our local Dollar Shop has run out of mixed M&M's - devastated  Sad

Buy them "un-mixed" and mix it up yourself  Laughing
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 01 Apr 2020, 5:44 pm

So far for us (in order it happened)

1/ Son stood down until further notice, his workplace unable to remain open ( 4 level plus roof top Cafe, bars, night club)

2/ Daughter's uni course gone from face to face and hands on to all online, learning to do survey just isn't the same watching someone else do it on video compared to doing it yourself, even a geology prac is going to be a virtual reality class in front of the computer screen.

3/ Partner is a cleaner, mostly houses, a couple of small businesses, a number of oldie don't want her in their house while this shit is happening

4/ I've been back filling someone else in a different role, same organisation for nearly 2 years, same base pay, 7 day shift work = good penalties. I returned to work after Mon/Tues off (my weekend) to find I've been seconded into another role I have previously done but as it is public transport related it is "essential", I'm the only one in my team qualified to do it, they have been seconded to a public transport security role and will get to keep their shifts and penalties, for me being qualified for something else, I get the "privilege" of dropping approx $200 clear one fortnight, $500 the next fortnight.

I'm still hoping for Tassie in November but realistically thinking it may be Feb or Nov 2021 instead, that trip is already funded, hopefully the lack of family income doesn't eat into to that
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next