Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gumtree............./...

4 posters

Go down

Gumtree............./... Empty Gumtree............./...

Post  gus Thu 09 May 2019, 9:01 pm

Ok , ive cracked the shits over this and suggest you do the same .
Wanted adds ,nothing wrong with that part ,BUT .
Adds  that say, (example ) wanted Bandit 1200 ,have $2000 to spend cash ,with no contact number . 
Now, if i'm a low life cumbag ice addict and you have a bandit and live next door . Well ,do I need to go any further .
Its called dealing in stolen goods . All adds  need a contact number or should not be listed .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Gumtree............./... Empty Re: Gumtree............./...

Post  truck Thu 09 May 2019, 9:27 pm

yep, agreed and KLM and a few other mandatories.

I've always wondered about the facebook ads "looking for a genuine (insert preferred car or motorbike), willing to pay big dollers etc" and then every bloke who knows someone with a (insert preferred car or motorbike) tagging said person and the advertiser / potential car theif has a whole list of potential leads/names to a genuine (insert preferred car or motorbike).

Did that make sense?
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 09 May 2019, 9:45 pm

I'm not part of the cult...Facebook, but if you see my Gen1  in there.........LET ME KNOW.
I'll go door knocking  !!!!!

My insurance company have now written the bike off, which shits me to tears, so if found can never be registered again.  But I want all my parts I put on the bike.

99 Gen 1. Impressed with.  (New)
03 Gen 2. Love hate relationship.  (15yrs)
07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L  (4yrs)
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 10 May 2019, 7:41 am

I have replied to lots of "wanted " adds . Never once have I made a sale even though I had what they advertise for . 
I was offered a cheap bike which had no key , no paperwork ,no history and he admitted ,though struggling to put two words together , he found abandoned . Rolling Eyes
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 10 May 2019, 9:15 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:I'm not part of the cult...Facebook, but if you see my Gen1  in there.........LET ME KNOW.
I'll go door knocking  !!!!!

My insurance company have now written the bike off, which shits me to tears, so if found can never be registered again.  But I want all my parts I put on the bike.
You're in Queensland?

NSW is the only state that makes every write off a Statutory Write Off, I would have thought a recovered stolen vehicle in Qld would be the same as SA, Vic, WA, NT and Tas. If it's recovered it goes to the legal owner (Insurance company as they have paid you out) then they send it to auction to try and recover their costs.
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 10 May 2019, 11:19 pm

Chook wrote:
You're in Queensland?

NSW is the only state that makes every write off a Statutory Write Off, I would have thought a recovered stolen vehicle in Qld would be the same as SA, Vic, WA, NT and Tas. If it's recovered it goes to the legal owner (Insurance company as they have paid you out) then they send it to auction to try and recover their costs.

If found, it will go to auction. The collector will be Manheim.
My insurer has stated that for safety reasons of the unknown treatment to the bike, it will be written off if not recovered within 14 days of incident.  

So stupid if you ask me.  How's 14 days any different than 1 day of abuse.  It's their policy, and that time has been and gone.  I can bid upon the bike if found, but never registered ever again....in their words.

99 Gen 1. Impressed with.  (New)
03 Gen 2. Love hate relationship.  (15yrs)
07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L  (4yrs)
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 11 May 2019, 9:50 am

Usually (except NSW) to be classified as a Statutory Write off a motor cycle has to have frame damage (cars, 3 major structural components that require replacement)
A Repairable Write off is a vehicle written off as it is uneconomical or too great a financial risk for the insurance company to consider repairing for their customer

That seems a very strange thing for the insurance company to state, for one, it will drastically reduce the dollar value they will recoup when (if) selling
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 11 May 2019, 12:28 pm

A repairable write off (I believe) NEVER looses its title even after it has been passed to returned  to the road . It will always come up (revs check) as being a repairable write off ,making it virtually worthless .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 11 May 2019, 1:31 pm

gus wrote:A repairable write off (I believe) NEVER looses its title even after it has been passed to returned  to the road . It will always come up (revs check) as being a repairable write off ,making it virtually worthless .
Correct and Incorrect

It will always show a WOVR history on NEVDIS and any other reputable history search data base.

It will in a lot of cases reduce it's resale value but certainly doesn't make it worthless or even virtually worthless. 

If you pick up a bike worth $5000 for $500 at auction (it can and does happen) that was a stolen/recovered repairable write off, spend a couple hundred dollars on a new ignition barrel, keys etc, have it back on the road for around $1000 - $1500 and it's resale value drops to $3500-$4000, what's the problem, if you plan on keeping it and not selling, even better. 

The lower the vehicles initial value, in most cases the less effect a WOVR history has on it's resale.

I work with a bloke that has a 2011 1000 V Strom. He picked it up with stuffed forks, front wheel and a few other bits and pieces, under 5000 km on the clock, it owes him $3500 on the road and looks as good as the day it rolled out of the dealers new.
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 11 May 2019, 4:58 pm

I was told to allow $2000 to get it passed after spending for needed repairs . Even then there was no guarantee it would pass as I wanted to turn it into a naked bike which they don't like doing . Ironman had the same trouble ,we both gave up .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 12 May 2019, 4:38 pm

gus wrote:I was told to allow $2000 to get it passed after spending for needed repairs . Even then there was no guarantee it would pass as I wanted to turn it into a naked bike which they don't like doing . Ironman had the same trouble ,we both gave up .
around $500 in fee in SA, you wouldn't be allowed to convert it to a naked until after reregistered here either

I believe some states (Vic??) do allow it being presented for inspection in style not as per original build.

It's a pretty standard thing though, too many repairable write offs were being passed off after inspection and re registration for something they weren't,  XT Falcon for a XR6, Standard Hilux for a SR5 etc etc, unfortunately the blanket rule has effected something as innocuous as turning a bike into a naked or café racer
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down