Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX?

+6
madmax
Chook
paul
BanditDave
reddog
rodent4
10 posters

Go down

Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX? Empty Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX?

Post  Chook Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:09 pm

A question for those that have gone to the dark side.

Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX?

It may well be something we just take for granted while we're on the Bandit, or is there nothing about it you miss?
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX? Empty Re: Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX?

Post  rodent4 Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:27 pm

A bit OT from what you posted(although I still have my Bandit), after riding my brothers FA I wish the bandit had a gear indicator on the dash  Crying or Very sad

I know there are aftermarket ones to be had, but a factory one would have been nice.

It may not have been the reply you were looking for, but at least you got a bump  Very Happy
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX? Empty Re: Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX?

Post  Chook Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:57 pm

I was more thinking along the lines of what did the Bandit do that you miss, what did it have that you mis, not so much what it doesn't have
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Tue 26 Dec 2017, 7:17 pm

Chook wrote:I was more thinking along the lines of what did the Bandit do that you miss, what did it have that you mis, not so much what it doesn't have

Well I did say it was a bit OT  Very Happy   

If I were to sell it, the first thing I think I would miss is the sheer pulling power the Bandit has  Cool

There you go bro, another bump  Cool
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:16 am

I miss not being able to see at night Razz
I miss the bottom end torque but I don't miss running out of puff at 7k Embarassed
I miss average brakes and ordinary front suspension Crying or Very sad

I really really miss cheap and simple servicing though Idea

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 27 Dec 2017, 1:54 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I miss not being able to see at night Razz
I miss the bottom end torque but I don't miss running out of puff at 7k Embarassed

Being able to see at night lets you see all that scary stuff that you are better off not being able to see..............ignorance can be bliss  Razz Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 27 Dec 2017, 2:18 pm

@2wa did you not do a full tune etc. on your old Bandit? Mine doesn't run out of power at 7K. Dyno says around 8500 with stock cams. Will rev to 10500, but not worth it unless doing a wheelstand and then you'll have an ubrupt halt to proceedings as you mouse trap back to earth on the ignition cut Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:30 pm

I miss the bottom end torque but I don't miss running out of puff at 7k Embarassed

What a slug, no wonder you were disappointed  Very Happy

My turder is making 118 hp@9200 at the wheel and 113 Max torque@6300

If i need to go harder than that, I'll drive my car  Cool
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sat 27 Jun 2020, 9:03 pm

I paid $ 7000 for my 2002 1200S Bandit in about 2005 or 6. It had 20,000km on it. 15 yrs and something like 110000km later. Cannot find a above 1000 cc bike close to that $$ or km.
Seriously considering getting it fixed. It is just a head gasket $1000 but potentially a cracked head $3000 according to the mechanic. I miss the Bandit and its only been a week.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Sun 28 Jun 2020, 8:38 am

Both my 06 and 09 bandits got a HID/relay upgrade for the headlight - chalk and cheese

As a retired trials rider, I think 700 RPM was quite quick, 7000 RPM was beyond my comprehension

At the speeds I travelled at, brakes and suspension were brilliant. I recall my 1950's Triumph Thunderbird with single leading shoe front drum brakes and cross ply tyres.

The servicing of the 06 Bandit was very much old school which I had no issues with, even adjusting 16 valve rockers. The 09 had shim/bucket which I never attempted.

I think both my Bandits were lots of fun to ride, cheap to own and safe at the speeds I used to travel at.

I followed the 09 Bandit with a Honda CBR650 which I didn't trust then a VStrom 650 which pretty much returned me to a slowish sedate bike although a little tall for this Hobbit.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

truck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 28 Jun 2020, 10:57 am

truck wrote:I paid $ 7000 for my 2002 1200S Bandit in about 2005 or 6. It had 20,000km on it. 15 yrs and something like 110000km later. Cannot find a above 1000 cc bike close to that $$ or km.
Seriously considering getting it fixed. It is just a head gasket $1000 but potentially a cracked head $3000 according to the mechanic. I miss the Bandit and its only been a week.
That would be a tough call ..........you know this bike , but then again  there are some lower mileage bargains out there as well .

paul
paul

truck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 28 Jun 2020, 1:41 pm

Cheap parts Exclamation

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 28 Jun 2020, 6:16 pm

madmax wrote:Cheap parts Exclamation
Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX? 959052286
Chook
Chook

truck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sun 28 Jun 2020, 9:02 pm

Just took a 2015 GSR750 with 4000km on it asking $6200 for a ride. I'm comparing it to the Bandit - value, power, low km, comfort, practicalty for the type of riding I do, over all condition, rego is due the same month as my Bandit.
Might buy it.
truck
truck

paul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sun 03 Oct 2021, 8:52 am

Nope, didn't buy it. I offered 6, he said no, I walked.
After 15 yrs I sold my 02 on Friday for a $1000. It was going to be needing more maintanance work than it was worth and above my mechanical abilities. Currently riding a KLR650. Miss the Bandit get up and go (comparatively speaking) don't miss the head light or lack of. Miss the smile after a quick blast. I hope I don't miss the lack of maintenance I did on the 02.
Ya never know . . .
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 03 Oct 2021, 3:24 pm

truck wrote:Nope, didn't buy it. I offered 6, he said no, I walked.
After 15 yrs I sold my 02 on Friday for a $1000. It was going to be needing more maintanance work than it was worth and above my mechanical abilities. Currently riding a KLR650. Miss the Bandit get up and go (comparatively speaking) don't miss the head light or lack of. Miss the smile after a quick blast. I hope I don't miss the lack of maintenance I did on the 02.
Ya never know . . .

He said no, for a measly $200!

Hope it sits there for months and he finally clears it at $5700 or less

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 03 Oct 2021, 3:57 pm

rodent4 wrote:
I miss the bottom end torque but I don't miss running out of puff at 7k Embarassed

Just because this old thread has been revived I should clarify the VFR1200 is a different animal above 7k and as much as I’ve loved each of the 60,000km on it I’m really keen on having a close look at Suzuki’s new GT coming next year.

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Thu 06 Jan 2022, 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Sun 03 Oct 2021, 5:47 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
rodent4 wrote:

Just because this old thread has been revived I should clarify the VFR1200 is a different animal above 7k and as much as I’ve loved each of 5he 60,000km on it I’m really keen on having a close look at Suzuki’s new GT coming next year.
Have looked at the GT. Don't think my licence could handle it 🙄😆
GSX1100G
GSX1100G

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Mon 04 Oct 2021, 9:04 am

madmax wrote:
truck wrote:Nope, didn't buy it. I offered 6, he said no, I walked.

He said no, for a measly $200!

Hope it sits there for months and he finally clears it at $5700 or less
 Yeah, (He said no for 200, but I guess I did too 😅)
He sold it for undisclosed amount about a month after I made my offer.
I've learnt there will always be another bike, just need patience and time.
truck
truck

paul and GSX1100G like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Thu 06 Jan 2022, 7:20 am

Did a road back road trip on my KLR. I used to do a lot of dirt road/ track back in the day. This was probably one of the few times I rode a wet dirt road, very slippery, but had a good bunch of guys who offered advice. Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX? 20220110
truck
truck

paul and GSX1100G like this post

Back to top Go down

Is there anything that you really miss from the Bandit/GSX? Empty Changed to 2020 Ninja 1000sx

Post  Brigand Fri 15 Jul 2022, 3:25 pm

Decided that I wanted the full IMU experience, so glad I did, these Kawasakis are amazing power is just excessive up the top end but the handling, aahhh the handling, my bandit had modified suspension both ends and I thought it was pretty good, I was wrong.
I have had 51 degree lean angle with full confidence and I am faster through all my corners with that same full confidence, Front end started sliding one corner and before I could react the bike had applied its corrections and was back on the power.  Cruise control is a licence saver when not on twisty roads and the comfort is as least as good as the bandit, oh and it has a headlight that actually illuminates the road.
As you can probably tell I am extremely happy with the bike and have no intention of changing anytime soon though the Bandit will always have a special place in my memories. cheers
Brigand
Brigand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down