Update Forum Images

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update Forum Images

Post  2wheelsagain on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

Hi gang I've had a quick play with some options and got the forum looking ok for now.
I'll work on another banner over the weekend unless Cam comes along first.


Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6237
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 8:24 pm

Thanks mate .................home page looks like it did years ago from memory ( before it was tissied up by sloth27 ? )         well done  cheers

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  Chook on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 5:30 am

Great job 2wa
avatar
Chook

Posts : 3002
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

Yep , working a treat . I looked on ASB forum , & they ,(and any other forums) have the same problem with past post pictures from PB .................a small price to pay to still have the forum usable & not be held to ransom by photobucket! . I assume the adds we are seeing under the header are from the forum  & not photobucket  Evil or Very Mad Question ,.............. as has been said elsewhere RIP Photobucket................. glad you got it sorted, thanks  Very Happy

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  2wheelsagain on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 4:40 pm

paul wrote:Yep , working a treat . I looked on ASB forum , & they ,(and any other forums) have the same problem with past post pictures from PB .................a small price to pay to still have the forum usable & not be held to ransom by photobucket! . I assume the adds we are seeing under the header are from the forum  & not photobucket  Evil or Very Mad Question ,.............. as has been said elsewhere RIP Photobucket................. glad you got it sorted, thanks  Very Happy
Thanks mate. I'll do a bit more over the weekend.
Might not be on a Bandit but we're all brothers Smile

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6237
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 6:11 pm


_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  truck on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 7:35 pm

Great Job 2WA! Appreciate your commitment and effort.

Truck AKA Truck.
avatar
truck

Posts : 467
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  barry_mcki on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 11:46 pm

I've used SERVIMG from the start and not really had any issues with them.   I did learn early on to only host pictures from my own system, even though they can link to other URLs there is no saying if these other sites will close down and/or lock you out.

Recently I recommended them on another forum and someone wrote back saying it appears you cannot join SERVIMG as a new user, there does not appear to be any gateway from their public facing pages.  

Wonder if they'll be the next ones to close their (free) doors, hope not ?

_________________
Hacks - more smiles per mile  



Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
avatar
barry_mcki

Posts : 1626
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 60
Location : Hillwood, Tasmania

View user profile http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 8:58 am

I hope they don't as well  @barry_mcki..............wonder who the new members on here are using then if they can't join servimg ? 

I like the new header TW.

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  2wheelsagain on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 11:38 am

paul wrote:I hope they don't as well  @barry_mcki..............wonder who the new members on here are using then if they can't join servimg ? 

I like the new header TW.

Thanks Paul. Needs a couple of oilers. Unless Cam tells me otherwise I'll change it occasionally.
The header photo is hosted by the forum site. At least that's free (for now)
I'd love to know how many companies have coughed up PB's ransom. I hope it sends them broke.

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6237
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  Ewok1958 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 4:23 pm

truck wrote:Great Job 2WA! Appreciate your commitment and effort.

Truck AKA Truck.

+1 
avatar
Ewok1958

Posts : 3770
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Bemboka, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question mark appearing

Post  truck on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 7:05 am

hi All,
I am using a Apple computer and on this forum only, I can only see some members pictures and profile pics, and this is sporadic (a members images appear in some subjects but not in others) Work computer is all good.
All I am seeing is a blue box with a question mark in it.
I've tried searching but cannot locate anything that has been able to change it. I'm not computer savvy so hoping it is an easy fix.
Any tips?
avatar
truck

Posts : 467
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  reddog on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:45 am

Don't use apple Smile

Or try a new browser and see if the images come good. I presume you are using Safari?
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:37 pm


_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  2wheelsagain on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 5:48 pm

Probably no help but working fine with my 2 Macs iPad and iPhone (and Explorer on Win7)

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6237
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 6:07 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Probably no help but working fine with my 2 Macs iPad and iPhone (and Explorer on Win7)
I think that's called " rubbing it in "  lol! lol!

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  2wheelsagain on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Probably no help but working fine with my 2 Macs iPad and iPhone (and Explorer on Win7)
I think that's called " rubbing it in "  lol! lol!
Do you think Apple have me on the hook mate?  lol!

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6237
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  truck on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:42 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Probably no help but working fine with my 2 Macs iPad and iPhone (and Explorer on Win7)
I think that's called " rubbing it in "  lol! lol!
Do you think Apple have me on the hook mate?  lol!
to try another browser, do i use safari, then type in google and then head here for the forum. I did that and the images have not changed.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm happy yours is working 2WA. %^W%#$#!!
avatar
truck

Posts : 467
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 8:16 pm

truck wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Probably no help but working fine with my 2 Macs iPad and iPhone (and Explorer on Win7)
I think that's called " rubbing it in "  lol! lol!
Do you think Apple have me on the hook mate?  lol!
to try another browser, do i use safari, then type in google and then head here for the forum. I did that and the images have not changed.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm happy yours is working 2WA. %^W%#$#!!
once you are in firefox or google , you should be able to go into settings & make that your default browser

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  reddog on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:28 pm

avatar
reddog

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  truck on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:17 am

Thanks All,
I'll give the link instructions a crack when I get home Reddog I think it might be the computer settings, but I remember I was wrong once a long time ago and even then I think I was mistaken. Suspect

Thanks Again.
avatar
truck

Posts : 467
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  madmax on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 9:40 am

truck wrote:Thanks All,
I'll give the link instructions a crack when I get home Reddog I think it might be the computer settings, but I remember I was wrong once a long time ago and even then I think I was mistaken. Suspect

Thanks Again.

Are you married Truck? Because if you are then your always wrong. Neutral

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3913
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  truck on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 9:32 am

madmax wrote:
truck wrote:Thanks All,
I'll give the link instructions a crack when I get home Reddog I think it might be the computer settings, but I remember I was wrong once a long time ago and even then I think I was mistaken. Suspect

Thanks Again.

Are you married Truck? Because if you are then your always wrong. Neutral
 I'm only wrong when the better half hears me  No
Got my images sorted just now. I tried everything suggested and in the end I downloaded google chrome and now I can see the normal images.  affraid
avatar
truck

Posts : 467
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  Chook on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:50 pm

reddog wrote:Installing chrome


I've been using Chrome on my PC and Laptop for a few years

My PC which is still running 98  Embarassed  is still going fine

Last week while I was away for work Chrome started playing up on my Laptop (windows 10), it seemed like it wouldn't open at all but eventually (10-15 minutes later) it appeared and worked ok but a bit slow.

I've uninstalled Chrome and had 4 attempts at reinstalling, it gets as far as the the downloading window but the progress bar doesn't start, If I click on the X to close it it ves me the options "cancel installation" or "continue installation"
4 hours sitting and no progres?

Any ides?
avatar
Chook

Posts : 3002
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  paul on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 6:42 pm

Chook wrote:
reddog wrote:Installing chrome


I've been using Chrome on my PC and Laptop for a few years

My PC which is still running 98  Embarassed  is still going fine

Last week while I was away for work Chrome started playing up on my Laptop (windows 10), it seemed like it wouldn't open at all but eventually (10-15 minutes later) it appeared and worked ok but a bit slow.

I've uninstalled Chrome and had 4 attempts at reinstalling, it gets as far as the the downloading window but the progress bar doesn't start, If I click on the X to close it it ves me the options "cancel installation" or "continue installation"
4 hours sitting and no progres?

Any ides?
Same problem with windows 10 laptop & also with facebook app not always working  .............I had a notification windows 10 now has the creators update ( almost 7 gig ) after which the internet didn't work ..........I went into settings & changed drivers , & then the internet worked again ...........then I had to delete the old versions as I had not much space left ..........then windows defender came up with a health caution that you guessed I had no space left .......... I did a scan & that fixed that . Then windows informed me a restart was needed to finish the update ......................9 hours after it was finished .............did the update & all now it all  is working well ................obviously a few bugs in their original update .I think Microsoft were stuffing around downloading the update to start with  & then supplied a buggy update , this may help if you have the same drama 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-regain-internet-access-after-installing-update-windows-10


(PS I don't use chrome with windows 10 but mind you , I also had some weird shit with google & chrome on android I posted about the other day ( corrupted ) , so I uninstalled all chrome updates & reinstalled them which cured the problem 
)

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Forum Images

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum