Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them?

4 posters

Go down

Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Empty Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them?

Post  Mip Tue 12 Oct 2010, 12:54 pm

I was just looking at http://www.powerbronzeaustralia.com/Shop/Product.aspx?PROD_ID=823356&MC_ID=818270 they do look very nice indeed in a tint and its good to protect the lens as well.

I just traded in my vstrom and one dealer made a big fuss about the fact i had a crack in my lens, I had not noticed myself since i only washed it every 6 month or so. But he said he could not sell the bike legally with a crack in the lens. and its a costly part to replace. So I would like to get a lens shield for the bandit, and like to put a dark tint on it.

But,... does a dark tint not change the amount of light projected when riding at night? is it legal to put that on?

Mip

Back to top Go down

Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Empty Re: Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them?

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 12 Oct 2010, 1:07 pm

I dont know about the legalities and I suspect not but why would you want to be harder for others to see?
The Bandit doesnt have a brilliant headlight to start with.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Empty Re: Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them?

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 12 Oct 2010, 2:28 pm

When people are putting in HID headlight to increase their light, I don't understand the attraction of tinted covers, yes they can look good when the bike is parked but as 2wa says, more visibility is your friend.

I can't imagine it would be legal.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Empty Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them

Post  Big Al Wed 13 Oct 2010, 12:18 am

I use one, dark smoke Doesn't affect the head light as far as i can tell protects it and look cool! IMO

[img]Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Ban_sc10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Mip Wed 13 Oct 2010, 12:43 am

Big Al wrote:I use one, dark smoke Doesn't affect the head light as far as i can tell protects it and look cool! IMO

[img]Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Ban_sc10[/img]

Looks good Big Al, is that from powerbronze ?

Mip

Back to top Go down

Tinted lens shields, is anyone using them? Empty Tinted lenses

Post  Big Al Wed 13 Oct 2010, 9:40 am

This ones from AMHP.
I had to wait for the next batch to be made but it still turned up in a reasonable time.
I looked at going really dark but wasn't sure about the legal side either and as it turned out i think this one suits the bike better anyway!
Cant remember what it cost but it must have been reasonable or Erindoors would of said something! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down