Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Tinted Screens

3 posters

Go down

Godiva Tinted Screens Empty Godiva Tinted Screens

Post  johnpom Fri 27 Aug 2010, 4:50 pm

Hi, in my regular search to find a good tinted screen for my Bandit I came across this:

Godiva Tinted Screens 2006_s13

Have any of you guys had any experience with these?
I'm attracted as they are in Hamilton, NZ (which is where I live). The price is NZD$196 delivered although I wont need delivery.

Their website is www.godiva.co.nz
johnpom
johnpom

Back to top Go down

Godiva Tinted Screens Empty Re: Godiva Tinted Screens

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 27 Aug 2010, 6:56 pm

Hi johnpom,
Haven't heard or had anything to do with that brand. I fitted a Givi screen to the 1250S which is 11cm taller than the Suzuki original. The Givi is excellent quality and a 'plug-and-play' replacement for the original (and that looks to be the case with the one you've come across). However, I'm 6ft 2in tall and I found that the Givi (which has a lip to deflect air upwards) is actually deflecting air into my helmet. I've done a few 100kms with it and have decided I prefer the lower original screen which puts the air into my chest area. At 100-110kms/hr I reckon the original is more comfortable. But, it all comes down to height and where your head is in relation to the screen. I reckon anyone under 5ft 10in would reckon the Givi is the ducks guts as the deflected air would be going over their helmet. The rider's height between 5ft 10in and my height (6ft 2in) is the grey area where it could be problematic.
I'm going to resell the Givi at $100 (I paid $209) and it would be a bargain at that price for anyone it suits. I'll post some photos tomorrow (if we had daylight savings time, I'd be able to post them now). It is a smoked color and as I said excellent quality - it just doesn't suit me. The same reason stopped me putting a screen on my previous VZ800 Boulevard but I thought the different seating position on the Bandit might have made the difference - alas, no.
If you are tall, be watchful of the same problem.
Hope that helps.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 27 Aug 2010, 10:19 pm

The screen thing been covered alot on here & TWT FORUM. If your any thing close to tall go for a touring screen.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down