Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secondaries are gonne

4 posters

Go down

The Secondaries are gonne Empty The Secondaries are gonne

Post  mstrrab1992 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

So after my first attempt and not succeeding i decided to get a couple of tools to reattempt the secondary butterfly removal.

My first attempt took me 2 hours cuz i didnt know what i was doing..second time it took me 20m 23secs,to get the fairings tank and throttle bodies out..first time i had to remove the injector rail..second time i removed the bracket that was stopping me..and out they came no hassles easy as

I got a precision screwdriver set from sca theyre own brand  m.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/SCA-Precision-Screwdriver-Set-16-Piece/221019

I used the size "0", along with a $6.99 pen blowtorch..and wow..heated those screws up for about 5-10 seconds and the screws came out like they wernt ment to be in there..people have said get the JIS screwdriver but i reccomend getting that particular set from sca its only 12.99 and it comes with a whole heap of other bits to..it sat in the screw like it was meant to be..

took me exactly 7 mins 43 seconds to remove all 4 butterflies..i know i timed myself..its a strange addiction i have.. anyway.. took me another 15m 52secs to put it all back togerther 43m and 58 seconds total.. started it up no FI light took it for a quick spin and what a difference did it make.. no wheelies in first or second but that could be because im 130kgs o.o and havnt done any other mods yet besides end can.. but it feels as if my surge between 3500-400rpm has vanished. Yay. glad i got the courage to tackle this..simple as once you work everything out in your head i am a vehicle mechanic..well partially did half my apprenticeship but grew up with a mechanic dad so i knew all the basics just got laid off from work..but bikes im still learning..anyway.. see how the litres/100km goes shouldn't alter to much..and time to save for a efi controller and other things!

mstrrab1992

Back to top Go down

The Secondaries are gonne Empty Re: The Secondaries are gonne

Post  barry_mcki Fri 10 Apr 2015, 12:20 am

Good on ya MST, it's a deceptively simple job pulling the secondaries, the hardest part is getting up the nerve to do it. 

There have been some horror stories with those butterfly screws, however most people that have used the mini blow torch have had no problems.

BTW you mpg will get worse, but only because your right wrist is directly connected to the new smile on your face Cool

The Secondaries are gonne Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 10 Apr 2015, 8:37 am

barry_mcki wrote:because your right wrist is directly connected to the new smile on your face Cool

lol!

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  mstrrab1992 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:07 am

Coming from a 800 cruiser to a 1250 sports bike the wrist was connected to the smile when i road that bike away from the dealership >Smile once you go sports you never go back

mstrrab1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:19 am

mstrrab1992 wrote:Coming from a 800 cruiser to a 1250 sports bike the wrist was connected to the smile when i road that bike away from the dealership >Smile once you go sports you never go back

First time I've heard someone call the Bandit a "sports bike".  But, I know what you mean. Wink  Sports Tourer 30/70.

What is your next mod going to be ?  I didn't mention that the Bandit handles a lot better and tips in a lot easier with a set of Renthal ultra low street bars installed. How tall are you ?

Back to top Go down

Post  mstrrab1992 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:24 am

165cm..and 130kg..short plump little fulla.. maybe 120kg now? Loosing the weight (y). 

But compared to what i come from the suzuki vl800 c50. Its a sports bike haha.. saying thay the new R1 has a max torque of 83ft lbs of torque and the gsx1250fa has 80ft lbs stock.. not far from a 25k super sports bike..just find that fascinating. Ive ordered a rad guard from r&g. New mods will be air box k&n filter pair valve and efi controller. Possibly..quoted 650 for the lot shipped to my front door..but then again..after that 300km ride my backside was a little sore maybe a new seat? But some of those seats cost just as much as the efi kit mentioned above. Not to sure..

mstrrab1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

Don't go rushing into a new seat. The only problem with the oem seat is the foam is crap, and the shape is not good. Find a good MC seat upholsterer and have a talk to him/her. They tend to need to be narrowed in the right place. I had mine done by the legendary John Moorehouse, here in Qld.  I then did a 850km ride one day without an issue. Before that I was sore after 3-400.  Trust me.

Back to top Go down

Post  mstrrab1992 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

Sounds good to know where is john moorehouse located?

Next mod might just be the efi kit then once i save up for it. shiuld be able to get it next pay

mstrrab1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

mstrrab1992 wrote:Sounds good to know where is john moorehouse located?

Next mod might just be the efi kit then once i save up for it. shiuld be able to get it next pay

Near Capalaba. He does work for bikers all around Australia.  "John Moorehouse, Ergo Seats"

Back to top Go down

Post  mstrrab1992 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:38 am

and if u dont mind me asking how much was it?

mstrrab1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down