Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help and Info on secondaries

+5
dhula
Reardo
holdenman
2wheelsagain
OLDANNAKED
9 posters

Go down

Need help and Info on secondaries Empty Need help and Info on secondaries

Post  OLDANNAKED Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

Hi all, Rox risers turned up yesterday so I set about fitting, front brake hose not long enough, then found no matter how hard I tried re rooting my throttle cable it to was not long enough, and extra inch would be enough but I am getting a new one made up 3 inches longer so I have plenty, this is where the dilemma begins, off down to the local fixer and tuner of all things 2 wheels, to get longer front brake hose made up , started chatting to 10 yr veteran Suzuki mechanic about removing the secondaries, and straight out he advised me not to, he recons the bike will run smoother and better with them left in, but I says to him holeshot stage 2 blah blah he then replys well the american bandits are different to ozzy bandits thats why he would remove them in the states, mmm now scratching head getting splinters, he then asked what i was hoping to achieve told him more grunt, he says do your headers very restrictive big gains then went on about throttle position will make more gains and even no need to fit power commander or tune boy, he says there is enough adjustment in the bandits comp to iron out fueling etc, as per pics have throttle bodies out and removing secondaries would be a breeze so do I or dont I, how many of you have removed them and what has that done to the running of your bike , and what else do you do in conjunction ??? I know Reardo has , seen the vid , oh and a ps the mechanic also said the majority of bandit owners he knew fitted risers as the standard set up rooted there lower backs on a decent ride any of you with same problem, (thats why I am fitting mine, back kills me next day after rideNeed help and Info on secondaries Dsc00613Need help and Info on secondaries Dsc00614
OLDANNAKED
OLDANNAKED

Back to top Go down

Need help and Info on secondaries Empty Re: Need help and Info on secondaries

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:23 pm

As far as I know California delivered Bandits are different and maybe a couple of other states.
The secondary removal isn't for me but you can refit them if you don't like it.
I have not seen a before and after dyno chart and like the snorkel mod the gains could be wishful thinking. Happy to be proven wrong.
There are many ways you can get a faster Bandit and more HP is only one of them. How about better front suspension? Less weight? Better tyres? Do a track day/ride school?

My back is fine after 1000km. I think some people sit up to straight. I like a semi hunch. I don't yave a wind blast problem either because of it. If risers help that's great but you will be sitting straighter than ever.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:26 pm

Remove them. The bike is alot more responsive and keeps pulling all the way to redline.

There are plenty of threads in this section were people have removed them and absolutely loved it.

I think your mechanic is thinking of the 1200 Bandit

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:As far as I know California delivered Bandits are different
I thing it is only more pollution gear. I'm not 100% tho Very Happy

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

It's not as simple as taking the 2ndaries out if you want to make a good job of it and reap the total benifit.
There is changing fuel, ign etc that will need to be done as well.

Take em out and see what you think as IMO it's a personal thing. Don't like it, put em back in.

I agree with 2WA and thing there are more "go faster" things you could spend on for the bandit like suspension, tyres, brakes etc and get a similar result

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

Put in "devil's work" in the seach box .Enough reading to answer all your questions and more

I removed mine with no problem getting screws out .So ,i could put them back in if i wanted .No way. I MIGHT have been a bit smoother with them
in (might ) but if i wanted smooth i would have bought a goldwing .I dont run a power commander .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:55 pm

OLDANNAKED wrote:.........I know Reardo has , seen the vid , oh and a ps the mechanic also said the majority of bandit owners he knew fitted risers as the standard set up rooted there lower backs on a decent ride any of you with same problem, (thats why I am fitting mine, back kills me next day after ride

Sorry about the cut down quote. I'm 6ft 2in or 188cm, slight build (92kg). Have done one Farrider's ride and one trip to Phillip Is for WSBK. Average over 1,000kms per month and no back problems at all (so far on 22,000 kms) - but it may depend a lot on physiology, other ergonomics and past history of back problems or issues. Can only speak for myself but current set-up is pretty comfortable. Only thing I might change (and only 10% chance I'll ever bother) is that slightly straighter bars would be nicer. However, loath to start fiddling given only slight issues with wrists that don't go above the 'that's bothering me' threshold. Good luck though with your customising - getting a good seating position that keeps you comfortable is the most important thing.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:02 pm

I think some Mechanic's talk from there arse's. I've talked to a couple of Mechanic's about secondaries. 1 dribble about them for 40minutes before I told him how they worked and as he quoted from the manual I finished he's sentence for him. I read up on it to mate. He said if Suzuki put it in there, it should stay.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:17 pm

Reardo wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:As far as I know California delivered Bandits are different
I thing it is only more pollution gear. I'm not 100% tho Very Happy
Correct. Bloody lefties

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Need help and Info on secondaries Empty "devil's work"

Post  OLDANNAKED Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

gus wrote:Put in "devil's work" in the seach box .Enough reading to answer all your questions and more

I removed mine with no problem getting screws out .So ,i could put them back in if i wanted .No way. I MIGHT have been a bit smoother with them
in (might ) but if i wanted smooth i would have bought a goldwing .I dont run a power commander .

Have just read Devil's work , dont know if your puppy has hypnotised me or if I had a visit from the horned one but he's gonna make me do it, the devil said what the hell your halfway there just take out the screws and see for yourself , so I am getting out my blue and red floral dress and going to work will post the results at the weekend ,,, waiting for brake pipe and throttle cable, oh does it help the screwing if your naked under the dress ????
OLDANNAKED
OLDANNAKED

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:17 pm

holdenman wrote:

I think your mechanic is thinking of the 1200 Bandit

1200 has Mikuni CVs. Only a slide and one throttle butterfly.

Perhaps your mechanic just isn't thinking.

Rip em out!
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:23 am

My opinion on the matter

dhula

Back to top Go down

Need help and Info on secondaries Empty need help and info on secondaries

Post  paul Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:22 am

dhula wrote:My opinion on the matter

I think you may need to start a new thread dhula if you want to discuss sexual preferences Laughing cheers

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down