Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here

+7
Bosco15
mtbeerwah
Hammy
Ewok1958
2wheelsagain
Chook
reddog
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here - Page 2 Empty Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here

Post  SRAD_Pitt Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all!

I've been back in Melbourne for about 4 months after 10 years in the UK, first thing I did when I got back was buy a bike. I settled on a K1 Bandit 1200, pretty stock with about 45k kms. 
Since getting it I removed the fairings and fitted drag bars, fitted a Delkevic mid pipe and slip on, HEL front brake lines and an Ivan's jet kit. It's livened things up a bit, but still doesn't have the top end of the Bandit I owned in London. I have no idea what was done to that bike, unfortunately! I'm thinking it maybe had GSXR cams as well as the full system and stage 3 Dynojet.

Anyway, I'm rambling on a bit. 

Everyone loves pictures, so here's one from a month ago at Broadford. I'll be back there in a few weeks, it's a nice little track. I found I could do the whole circuit in third gear, which is nice for someone as lazy as me. The Pilot Roads were horrible on track BTW

Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here - Page 2 MAeoJLf
SRAD_Pitt
SRAD_Pitt

Back to top Go down

Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here

Post  SRAD_Pitt Fri 18 Feb 2022, 6:50 pm

Got the bike back from PTR today, it went in for an airbox mod and dyno tune, via ecu remap.

I'm actually impressed by the gains that I made with the exhaust and secondary butterfly removal, seems that even the air/fuel wasn't massively out of whack.

From 4500 to redline it's gained between 5-7 bhp, which isn't bad. It's also way smoother as it's no longer as light on fuel on a closed or steady throttle.

Hi Guys, 01 1200 rider here - Page 2 Ncxam1K 

Edit - resized that huge dyno chart image
SRAD_Pitt
SRAD_Pitt

truck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2