Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New track

+2
Chook
paul
6 posters

Go down

New track  Empty New track

Post  paul Sat 28 Feb 2015, 10:25 am

This can only be good for motorsport 

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/motor-sport/south-australias-second-v8-supercars-track-taking-shape-at-tailem-bend/story-fnii0it1-1227242240164

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

New track  Empty Re: New track

Post  Chook Sat 28 Feb 2015, 11:52 am

I was reading a bit into it a few weeks back

30+ pump servo on the corner of the Dukes and Mallee Highways
Multi Story motel and convention centre
Airfield
Main track longer than Bathurst, circuit up to MotoGP standard
Off road racing track
Off road driver training
Drag strip

etc

etc

etc
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 28 Feb 2015, 11:58 am

It certainly will be impressive , & a marked improvement on the current situation we have Rolling Eyes

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:15 pm

paul wrote:It certainly will be impressive , & a marked improvement on the current situation we have Rolling Eyes
The Shahin family (Peregrine Corporation) have been very successful and it's been great to have them "keep the big guys honest", my biggest fear for SA is that now they have become bigger than Coles (Shell), Woolies (Caltex) and every other outlet in SA, who's going to keep them honest?
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:24 pm

It's in the wrong state!!! Razz

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:51 pm

Chook wrote:
paul wrote:It certainly will be impressive , & a marked improvement on the current situation we have Rolling Eyes
The Shahin family (Peregrine Corporation) have been very successful and it's been great to have them "keep the big guys honest", my biggest fear for SA is that now they have become bigger than Coles (Shell), Woolies (Caltex) and every other outlet in SA, who's going to keep them honest?
I suppose we can only go by their track record with smokemart  & on the run enterprises etc ........they seem to be good at what they do . fingers crossed eh .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:53 pm

madmax wrote:It's in the wrong state!!! Razz
We might even find you some free accommodation if you venture over ......................we don't mind sharing  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:55 pm

Talk is there will be a 2nd V8Supercars round scheduled for SA by 2016.

We never could get the F1's back from Melbourne, if we stole the MotoGP that would more than make up for it  Wink
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:36 am

If you think your state is bad come to Perth. Our track is out the boonies and really isn't worth talking about
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Mon 02 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm

A racetrack being opened up instead of closed down!!!!!

God bless the Croweaters.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Backonabandit Mon 02 Mar 2015, 10:13 pm

its this sort of thing that makes me miss Adelaide.i was born in 70 at her majestys hospital in Woodville,seeing how none of you have ever met me  I thought I should let you know that, oh and I did my apprentiship in fed gov aircraft maintenance facility.i loved AIR in its heyday and ran a 10 sec smallblock in a full bodied car naturally aspirated,without methanol,single carbed too,so I hope for all you SA boys this thing happens,because bob jane f..cked everything in the late 80s into the early 90s! I will be looking at this progress in time on this forum,and if it gets up im coming home for the opening to show you all good time and a very quick rebuilt bandit12...if my wife lets me hee hee!
Backonabandit
Backonabandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 02 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm

Backonabandit wrote:its this sort of thing that makes me miss Adelaide.i was born in 70 at her majestys hospital in Woodville,seeing how none of you have ever met me  I thought I should let you know that, oh and I did my apprentiship in fed gov aircraft maintenance facility.i loved AIR in its heyday and ran a 10 sec smallblock in a full bodied car naturally aspirated,without methanol,single carbed too,so I hope for all you SA boys this thing happens,because bob jane f..cked everything in the late 80s into the early 90s! I will be looking at this progress in time on this forum,and if it gets up im coming home for the opening to show you all good time and a very quick rebuilt bandit12...if my wife lets me hee hee!
Do you remember Frank at the hole in wall at AIR, some thought he was grumpy but he had a heart of gold
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Backonabandit Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

I surely do chook,he and mad tony were members of the crusaders drag racing club.man that guy had so many bikes from small singles right up to big inline 4s...those were the days my friends.
tony ran all his bikes 2 inches,, from the wall,and mighty quick light and times too.thanks for bringing that up chook,good memories
Backonabandit
Backonabandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Backonabandit Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:03 pm

paul and allen henry had a couple of suzukis that went pretty well also!
Backonabandit
Backonabandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Backonabandit Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:12 pm

oh and ive gotta add this, I guess tony grosser from American power wont be taking part in any of the drag racing festivities...id be thinking the sa gov will never let him  out of the can,seeing as though he had a massive brain fade and thought it would be a good idea to hold the police at bay for a day or two on his former property at murray bridge.
Backonabandit
Backonabandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Backonabandit Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:18 pm

one more thing chook,before I left for brissy,the new motorsport park was being considered for port Adelaide.a private consortium had funds ready,they needed the land development approval,am I right in thinking this is the same group just different locale?
Backonabandit
Backonabandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:24 pm

Backonabandit wrote:one more thing chook,before I left for brissy,the new motorsport park was being considered for port Adelaide.a private consortium had funds ready,they needed the land development approval,am I right in thinking this is the same group just different locale?
I can't recall who wanted to build that one, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Shahin's though
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:27 pm

Backonabandit wrote:I surely do chook,he and mad tony were members of the crusaders drag racing club.man that guy had so many bikes from small singles right up to big inline 4s...those were the days my friends.
tony ran all his bikes 2 inches,, from the wall,and mighty quick light and times too.thanks for bringing that up chook,good memories
Frank didn't have bikes, he had a '34 (IIRC?) Ford Hot Rod, was a scrutineer, worked in the "hole in the wall" at drag meetings, was on the SA Street Rod federation committee, member of Ram rodders etc etc
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down