Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

track day

4 posters

Go down

track day  Empty track day

Post  kundalini Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:14 pm

Hey guys, anyone been on a racetrack with a bandit ,
I am off to broadford  raceway for a trackday  ive been once before  this time I will be a bit lighter since I removed the fairing.,
kundalini
kundalini

Back to top Go down

track day  Empty Re: track day

Post  reddog Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:43 pm

Yes and a drag track. Heaps of fun. Dog bones help with the track, to get the big girl Turned in. I managed to keep a few mates honest on there r6s. 11 flat at the drags isn't bad either.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  kundalini Wed 23 Aug 2017, 7:06 pm

Yeh good one reddog,the dog bones did u go with what 50 mm rise ? 
Also have u removed Centre stand?  Its handy I might leave it on.
Been stripping some weight off the big black pig.
kundalini
kundalini

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 24 Aug 2017, 7:52 am

5mm dog bones lift the rear over an inch. I left the centre stand on and never touched down. One thing to watch for if you raise the rear of the bike is the swing arm. I found it touched the exhaust where the centre stand stopper hands of the link pipe. Depending on your exhaust it may be ok. Certainly wasn't on the yoshimura. It only happens at full extension though, once you are on the bike it is fine.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  kundalini Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:12 pm

Had a good day at broadford raceway , its a 2km track.i will admit I think I was the slowest bike.the poor bandit was like a truck  .pretty funny blokes asking  mewhat is that thing
  Me back tyre got a workout  think I might find something lighter  for trackdays.
kundalini
kundalini

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Sun 03 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm

kundalini wrote:Had a good day at broadford raceway , its a 2km track.i will admit I think I was the slowest bike.the poor bandit was like a truck  .pretty funny blokes asking  mewhat is that thing
  Me back tyre got a workout  think I might find something lighter  for trackdays.

I do a good few trackdays. A bandit would be a do it for fun bike. If you want to be proper fast then a Sport bike is the way to go. 

I had a GSXR750 08, excellent track bike. Got it setup nice quickly but got quicker so wanted to go to a litre bike. Now have a CBR1000rr.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Fri 08 Sep 2017, 2:05 am

kundalini wrote:Had a good day at broadford raceway , its a 2km track.i will admit I think I was the slowest bike.the poor bandit was like a truck  .pretty funny blokes asking  mewhat is that thing
What were the other bikes you were up against? You might have been the slowest in their company but possible quite quick against other bandits.
I think it takes more skill to ride these big tanks fast around the track than a R1 for example.
I always try and put a positive spin on things . . .
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:07 am

It's all about setting up for the corners on a Bandit. They are at least 60kgs heavier, so they don't tip in like a 600cc. That is why I mentioned getting different dog bones to back up the rear a little. Last track day I went on was a 1.6km track, I could keep up with r6s no problem. After about 60 laps my fitness showed, my legs were aching from hanging off the big girl.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  kundalini Tue 12 Sep 2017, 8:08 pm

Get this one, for the trackday I used a straight through gp exhaust loud!, well I got  home  and  put on the staintune and gave it a testride , has heeps more power down low.may have helped  a little on the track. 
  There was a mixture of bikes started off with  ktm motard  and (96  cbr fireblade  4cyl,) they flew through the ranks to the fastest group.
 Yeh the bandit got passed by a hysoug !, dam it,  R6  ,honda cbr500 , just light sports bikes.
 But I loved twisting the rist feeling the power and tourque  riding out a big bend.
      Go the bandit!.
kundalini
kundalini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down