Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit

+6
Pete
reddog
Sloth_27
Dekenai
2wheelsagain
Reardo
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Empty Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit

Post  Reardo Sun 15 Aug 2010, 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Arrow Exhaust Collectors for $690au delived from Ebay

or $478.00 from SoloMotorParts

Last edited by Reardo on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated)

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit

Post  Reardo Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:46 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Springs are being tackled tomorrow, just borrowed some better pullers from Peter. They should line up so they are parallel with the header pipes. 1 & 4 should run on the lower part of the pipe, 2 & 3 on the upper section. Might take some close up photo's as I couldn't find any that showed how the flanges line up, nor a clear shot on how the springs should look.
Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Dscf6410

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Dscf6411

I also snapped off the O2 Sensor trying to unbolt it from the old exhaust, lucky I am using a PC-V with the Autotune unit, it comes with a new wide band O2 sensor - just have to run a new loom down to it without the wires fouling with the exhaust, chain, linkages and not look like a shag on a rock.

And for good measure I'm going to tackle the secondaries - it's going to be a fun day affraid

The only real trouble I had with the secondaries removal was:
1. Getting to the small cable ties in the middle of the TB's.
2. Needed 4 hands to get the TB's to slide back in to the rubber manifolds.

P.S. Can you get your Missus to take a photo of your smile when you fire it up Very Happy &/or after the first ride... Razz

*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
Reardo
Reardo

Back to top Go down

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit

Post  reddog Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:56 pm

Good luck. Make sure you have the right screw driver or you'll have a shit of a day.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:59 pm

Reardo wrote:
barry_mcki wrote:Springs are being tackled tomorrow, just borrowed some better pullers from Peter. They should line up so they are parallel with the header pipes. 1 & 4 should run on the lower part of the pipe, 2 & 3 on the upper section. Might take some close up photo's as I couldn't find any that showed how the flanges line up, nor a clear shot on how the springs should look.
Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Dscf6410

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Dscf6411

I also snapped off the O2 Sensor trying to unbolt it from the old exhaust, lucky I am using a PC-V with the Autotune unit, it comes with a new wide band O2 sensor - just have to run a new loom down to it without the wires fouling with the exhaust, chain, linkages and not look like a shag on a rock.

And for good measure I'm going to tackle the secondaries - it's going to be a fun day affraid

The only real trouble I had with the secondaries removal was:
1. Getting to the small cable ties in the middle of the TB's.
2. Needed 4 hands to get the TB's to slide back in to the rubber manifolds.

P.S. Can you get your Missus to take a photo of your smile when you fire it up Very Happy &/or after the first ride... Razz

That looks beautiful. Work of art my friend. Only if i can a little more loose change.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

Just do it Cameron. They are beautifully crafted and really liven the Bandit up along with the secondary removal and -1 tooth on the front.

Reardo my springs look fine mate, not sure why yours would look longer.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

reddog wrote:Good luck. Make sure you have the right screw driver or you'll have a shit of a day.

Reddog do you know if there's somewhere in WA I can get a JIS #0 screwdriver from?

I'm not getting much joy in Darwin and am heading to Perth next week for a couple of days then down Donelly River way for another few days.

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 13 Sep 2012, 12:04 am

No one in Canberra had even heard of JIS - the Suzuki Parts guy had to Google it to see what I was talking about, the two main tool shops looked at me as if I was speaking Martian.

I found one supplier in Aus that sells Moody tools that catalog them, but I ended up ordering a set that had 8 Moody drivers of eBay from a US eBay supplier. They cover 000, 00, 0, and 1 over two different handle sizes.

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Moody_10

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:07 pm

NTBill wrote:
reddog wrote:Good luck. Make sure you have the right screw driver or you'll have a shit of a day.

Reddog do you know if there's somewhere in WA I can get a JIS #0 screwdriver from?

I'm not getting much joy in Darwin and am heading to Perth next week for a couple of days then down Donelly River way for another few days.

No one in Australia seems to carry them as per the previous post. If you are travelling anywhere near Collie/Bunbury then I can probably drop off my Moody screw drivers to you if you like, it's probably the only time you will ever need them. Just post them back once your finished.

Or you could take the throttlebodies off the bike bring them to my place and I can remove them for you. Smile

Since you are heading Nannup way you'll be definitely driving down one of the two highways to get there. If you have a bike that area you are headed is fantastic bike riding around Nannup/Bridgetown.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm

Headers on - check
OEM (with damper) 17 tooth on - check
Axle reversed (36mm nut on exhaust side) - check
MM axle blocks on - check
Axle aligned with MM kit - check
PAIR plates and FI Resister on - check
Secondaries removed (without JIS screw driver and without breaking screws) - check
Stage 2 air cleaner top cut and installed - check
PC-V installed (along with Peter's map) - check
Dynojet Autotune unit and wideband O2 sensor installed - check

Installing Scott chain luber, double spout, and secondary filer tube - in progress
Super brightdashboard indicator LED kit - in progress

K&N Air filters - yet to arrive (along with the now redundant JIS screw drivers) Neutral

Just love being retired and to be able to do this during a week day, can run down and get tools/supplies without worring if the stores will be open.

Almost done, a couple more parts to install, plastics to put back on and I can start her back up, fingers crossed everything is the right way round Shocked

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 15 Sep 2012, 9:37 am

barry_mcki wrote:
??????? I find bright dash lights annoying at night. What's idea behind the bight dash lights mate?

Reardo
Reardo

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:28 am

Reardo wrote:
barry_mcki wrote:
??????? I find bright dash lights annoying at night. What's idea behind the bight dash lights mate?

It's the indicator thing I mentioned in this post.

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Visual10

Didn't want to get into too much of a discussion here as it was bashed around a bit in the other post. Us old farts have memories like goldfish, I need all the help I can get. Sleep

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

reddog wrote:
NTBill wrote:

No one in Australia seems to carry them as per the previous post. If you are travelling anywhere near Collie/Bunbury then I can probably drop off my Moody screw drivers to you if you like, it's probably the only time you will ever need them. Just post them back once your finished.

Or you could take the throttlebodies off the bike bring them to my place and I can remove them for you. Smile

Since you are heading Nannup way you'll be definitely driving down one of the two highways to get there. If you have a bike that area you are headed is fantastic bike riding around Nannup/Bridgetown.

Mate, thanks for that, but I've missed my chance. I didn't see your post before I left... and I'm now back in Perth and heading back to Darwin tomorrow morn. I'll go the Ebay option I think as it'll be a little while before I get around to doing the secondarydectomy. Weather down that way last Monday wasn't real flash bike weather was it!! We sooked out and took the 4 wheel option to get down there. Yes agree on the riding roads down the SW way. I hired a Bike in Perth a couple of years back and spent 4 days riding around there with my Brother on his Norton. God's own mobike country for sure. My brother's done a couple of track days at Collie on his Tiger (a gold 1050) and raves about it. You may have even mixed it up on the track with him? His mate Billy from MR rides a yellow Guzzi 1000 sport there also.
Anyway, thanks again for the offer! (taking the Norton & trumpy for a quick run up the coast this arvo instead...maybe)
Bill.

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

Hope your trip down here went alright. I actually managed to get my road bike out the other week instead of my dirt bike Smile The wife jumped on the back for the first time in a long while, turned out to be a fantastic ride to Balingup pub through the back roads.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:34 pm

I gave up waiting for my JIS's to arrive and went out and bought a 6 Piece Insulated Electronic Screwdriver Set (CAT. NO. TD2026 $19.95) and a small Pencil Butane Torch (CAT. NO. TS1667 $11.95) from Jaycar. Got all 8 screws out without breaking any or stripping the #0 Cross tip.

Applied the torch for about 20 - 30 seconds and then gentle loosened the screws with a firm pressure, you can usually hear and feel when the locktite lets go.

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Img_1911

Be carefull with the torch, it is a naked flame remember.

PS - The JIS set arrived the next day Neutral

Here's the difference between the JIS (left) and the Jaycar (right) #0 screwdrivers

Arrow Exhaust Collectors Kit Suzuki GSF 650 1250 Bandit  - Page 2 Img_1912

I suspect the JIS is made from a much stronger material, but the cheaper Jaycar driver did the job. It was probably the heat that did the majority of the work breaking down the Locktite.

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2