Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brakes - banjo bolt sizes

3 posters

Go down

Brakes  - banjo bolt sizes Empty Brakes - banjo bolt sizes

Post  gumwallaby Thu 23 Oct 2014, 6:45 pm

Hi guys this is my first topic creation so I am hoping I have put in the right place.  

Any way I  lost my pitch gauge and need to know the size of the two double banjo bolts at the on the front brake line splitter under the yoke on a 2009 GSF1250SA.  I am looking for pitch size in particular.  These banjos also look like the same banjos in the Tokico calliper.

gumwallaby

Back to top Go down

Brakes  - banjo bolt sizes Empty Re: Brakes - banjo bolt sizes

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:27 pm

The post is in the correct spot.
Do you ave a workshop manual?
If not would you like one?
PM me an email address and I'll send a link to my dropbox file.

EDIT: The manual has torque values only. I thought it had sizes as well. My offer still stands though.
Someone else might know off hand.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gumwallaby Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:20 am

Thanks "2wheelsagain" for your response and kind offer but I have a manual.  And yes you are dead right there are no bolt banjo bolt dimensions.  

I just thought with the number of guys that have replaced brake lines with SS that there would be someone with all the specs on every bolt and nipple in the 1250SA brake lines.  I imagine these banjos are either 10x1.25 or 10x1.00.  So, the answer at the moment, is find the thread gauge. 

Thanks again.

gumwallaby

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 24 Oct 2014, 1:16 pm

gumwallaby wrote:Thanks "2wheelsagain" for your response and kind offer but I have a manual.  And yes you are dead right there are no bolt banjo bolt dimensions.  

I just thought with the number of guys that have replaced brake lines with SS that there would be someone with all the specs on every bolt and nipple in the 1250SA brake lines.  I imagine these banjos are either 10x1.25 or 10x1.00.  So, the answer at the moment, is find the thread gauge. 

Thanks again.

Generally, Jap standard is M10 x 1.25, but from memory (a vague and unreliable vessel), the clutch slave banjo was different.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down