Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne

+7
Ewok1958
paul
madmax
2wheelsagain
Bosco15
Hammy
Unclescum
11 posters

Go down

New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne Empty New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne

Post  Unclescum Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:53 am

Good Morning all,

Been lurking for a short while after buying an immaculate K7 Hydeep Blue 1250 Bandit with just under 6k on the odometer, Now I'm in the process of making it a bit more usable and fun. I installed a ventura rack yesterday arvo and aoout to order a set of Delkevic headers from the Australian distributor and am just getting myself setup to do the secondaries removal and the pair mod as well. The bike came with a yoshi pipe already hanging off the back and I see no reason to change it. Just waiting for a Pro-oiler to arrive on my doorstep, so that will be another one ticked off the list. In the back of my mind there is still a couple more things to do such as installing a PC5 and the radiator cover and possibly a front guard extender but for now they'll have to wait.

Regards
Tony
Unclescum
Unclescum

Back to top Go down

New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne Empty New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne

Post  Unclescum Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:58 am

Just went looking on Fleabay....found a PC5 for the right price, so that's on the way as well now.
Unclescum
Unclescum

Back to top Go down

New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne Empty Re: New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne

Post  Hammy Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:17 am

Hi Unclescum and welcome aboard.  Sounds like a good buy. Post a pic .  Your mods are all the "good" ones that should be done, but I would get a rad' guard on sooner than later. The headers and the secondaries removal will make a big diff'. But you may need to fit a hi flow air filter, ie, K&N etc. And get an O2 bypass sensor.  Are you going to get the bike Dynoed with the PC5 ?  I presume it will come without being mapped. I had a PC3 that came ready mapped for the exact mods that I had done.  Worked a treat.  You can really find some extra ponies in these machines.  Have fun and enjoy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne Empty Re: New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne

Post  Bosco15 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:23 am

Welcome Tony.
Congratulations on your new bike.
You will really feel that the bike breaths with the headers and secondary removal.
Watch out for Mad Max. He roams the roads down your way.  Razz 

Did you have a uncle that gave you boiled lollies? Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:46 am

Welcome aboard.  Might see you on the Monash sometime. 
I'm assuming the suspension has already been upgraded.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:20 am

Welcome to the forum Uncle-scum or should that be Uncles-cum?? Maybe you've got it right and leave out the hyphen  Smile 

Where about down this way do you hail from?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:42 am

Welcome to the forum Tony   Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:43 am

Welcome to the forum Tony.  Hate to think what you gave the nieces and nephews for Xmas to deserve that alias!  Laughing  But enjoy the ride.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  GSFBlue Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:33 am

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the Forum. I have only been a member myself for a few days after buying a Bandit recently and lurking around the Forum for a while. I think you will find the Forum both friendly and informative, as I have done already.

Cheers,

Graham
GSFBlue
GSFBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:44 pm

Welcome Unclescum
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Unclescum Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:47 am

Thanks all for the welcome,
I just lashed out and bought a Pyramid front mudguard extension on Fleabay and a radiator cover from Banditrob on Fleebay as well.
Gradually getting everything together and to make matters worse and complicate things even further my wife and I bought a house today, out in Lilydale at the start of the Yarra Valley and some fun roads.
Of course it comes with a remote control double garage.
Unclescum
Unclescum

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 18 Jul 2014, 8:27 am

Welcome to the forum.

I had one of those remote garage thingies, but it stopped working after awhile and now I get this pain at the back of my head if I keep pressing the button.....  Shocked 

New Member Outer Easterb Suburbs Melbourne Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 18 Jul 2014, 9:26 am

lol!  lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 18 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm

Welcome along Tony

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Unclescum Tue 22 Jul 2014, 2:34 am

Further update on the parts gathering...

PCV - yet to arrive
Delkevic Headers - yet to install
K&N Su-6000 filter - yet to arrive
Pro-oiler - Yet to install
Pyramid Front fenda extenda - yet to arrive
Stainless Radiator guard from Beowulf - yet to arrive
Headlight cover from Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors - yet to arrive
Ventura Rack and bag - installed

Also have my butane pencil torch ready to remove the secondaries.

After talking with my older brother earlier tonight I will take the bike to Phil Tainton to get him to set up and tune the PCV correctly.
Unclescum
Unclescum

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 22 Jul 2014, 6:26 am

Don't ya just love waiting for all those parcels to arrive ?  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Unclescum Tue 22 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm

Hell yeah.....PCV just arrived on my doorstep.

Also bought some black Renthal low bars last night...dammit another bloody package to wait for.
Unclescum
Unclescum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down