Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
madmax
Hammy
Chook
paul
Ewok1958
Bosco15
GSFBlue
11 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post  GSFBlue Mon 14 Jul 2014, 7:33 pm

Good evening everyone,

After a break of 30 years to deal with a mortgage and costs associated with raising two daughters, I recently bit the bullet and purchased another bike. (My previous roadbikes were a F1 CB750 Honda and an XS1100 Yamaha). After a good deal of searching and deliberating, I found and purchased an immaculate 2008 model GSF 1250 SA.

I have always liked the look of the big Bandits and this one has made me very happy. The previous owner was 72 years old and claimed that riding kept him young. Judging from his "youthful"appearance, he was absolutely right! I would like to think I will be still riding at the age of 72.

Astonishingly, I have found that I am not as fit as I was 30 years ago! Riding my bike takes it out of me physically at the moment. I am looking forward to the time when I am more used to it. It seems to have so much more poke compared to my previous bikes.

The bike came with a relatively small Givi topbox and I am currently investigating the purchase of some Givi V35 (?) panniers and associated frames. I will probably have to sell a kidney to pay for these panniers but a perusal of these pages makes me believe that they will be a stylish addition to the bike which will make longer distance touring more feasible.

Importantly, my wife loves the bike as well and has been on several rides with me.

I am looking forward to learning a great deal from this forum.

Regards,

Graham
GSFBlue
GSFBlue

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post  Bosco15 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm

Welcome along Graham.
Congratulations on your new bike.
They are a very good bike for the money. I imagine that yours will have been set up by the previous owner with a radiator guard and various bits and bobs.
Do tell us where you ride and reside and a bit more about your bike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 7:48 pm

Welcome aboard GSFBlue.  I had a similar riding break for reasons similar to yours, and also found the Bandit had plenty of poke (25 years prior to that I'd had an XS750).  I am also hoping that riding abates the ageing process - time will tell! Cheers and have fun.   cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Thanks for the welcome

Post  GSFBlue Mon 14 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm

Bosco15, you are correct about the set up of the bike. It came complete with owners manual, service records all complete, and even the second key!

It has a polished radiator guard and a K/N air filter. The Michelin tyres are in good condition with plenty of tread left. It is registered until December. The bike had just 25,000 kays on the odometer when I bought it. I have a service record of the 24,000 km service having been done. The previous owner told me that that particular service is a "biggy" and is priced accordingly. The bike came from Moorland, which is about 20 minutes north of Taree. I am the third owner of the bike which was originally sold to a fellow from Sydney after it was purchased new from Western Motorcycles in Penrith.

I live in the general vicinity of Lake Macquarie in NSW.

I have a couple of questions already so I might head over to another section of the Forum.

Cheers,

Graham
GSFBlue
GSFBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 14 Jul 2014, 9:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Graham  Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 14 Jul 2014, 9:58 pm

Welcome GSFBlue, if it's luggage you want you cant go past the Givi (some on here hate it, and all hard luggage with a passion Wink ) I've got E41 panniers and a E370 top box, love them, if you're going to do 2 up touring think about the bigger panniers
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 5:47 am

GSFBlue wrote:Bosco15, you are correct about the set up of the bike. It came complete with owners manual, service records all complete, and even the second key!

It has a polished radiator guard and a K/N air filter. The Michelin tyres are in good condition with plenty of tread left. It is registered until December. The bike had just 25,000 kays on the odometer when I bought it. I have a service record of the 24,000 km service having been done. The previous owner told me that that particular service is a "biggy" and is priced accordingly. The bike came from Moorland, which is about 20 minutes north of Taree. I am the third owner of the bike which was originally sold to a fellow from Sydney after it was purchased new from Western Motorcycles in Penrith.

I live in the general vicinity of Lake Macquarie in NSW.

I have a couple of questions already so I might head over to another section of the Forum.

Cheers,

Graham

Nice.  Another Novocastrian.
There are a few of us on here. I live in town. Recycled lives in Charlie.
We should catch up and say hi at some point.
March 2015. Put it in your diary. National Bandit meet at Parkes.  Very Happy 

Last edited by Bosco15 on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted in middle of quote)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 15 Jul 2014, 6:07 am

Hi Graham and welcome aboard.  Enjoy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:00 am

Hi Graham, welcome to the forum

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 15 Jul 2014, 12:40 pm

Welcome aboard mate.
I hope to be able to hold a bandit upright when stopped at 72.

You'll both enjoy and be frustrated by the bike like we all are from time to time. Full points if the boss approves though Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down