Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day

+17
Re-Cycled
whitey1
SirFA
2wheelsagain
boomer
grahame
solerida
Saikhan
dhula
rolls
Big Al
Reardo
Cameron
potatomasher
Baz
Sloth_27
Four40
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

G'day - Page 3 Empty G'day

Post  Four40 Sat 10 Jul 2010, 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

A new bike and a new forum.
My name is Sean and I recently bought a very nice dark blue GSX1250FA. Upgraded from the GSX650FU.

I've been riding for 3 years and had 3 bikes, a trend that I hope to break with my current ride. Live in the ACT but don't hold that against me Smile
G'day - Page 3 Th_100_0758
I'm hoping that my yoshy will turn up soon as it's almost criminal not to hear the bike when it gets into it.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

G'day - Page 3 Empty Re: G'day

Post  whitey1 Fri 14 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

Sorry to hear that, but I'm not surprised about the long wait. Its becoming more common for suppliers to not stock so many parts for financial reasons in the car industry. I know from experience in the panelbeating industry that it can take ages to get parts(we've only just got parts for a Fiat van that we ordered in Nov!) and being xmas season makes it worse. That was one reason why I would have wanted it written off.
Hope you get it back soon.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 07 Feb 2011, 11:15 pm

It's back, It's back, It's back, bounce Very Happy Very Happy
First inspection, they failed to replace the nose fairing, which had a small crack, most likely from when the LHS mirror was ripped off. The pannier racks were the wrong model. I had the PL539 and they supplied the PLX539. I was looking forward to not wearing my backpack laptop bag to shift, looks like I'll have to put up with it a bit longer. Front wheel balance is out, riding with no hands saw a pronounced wobble. Probably lost a weight or two, I'll take it up with the shop to fix that FOC. Shifting down is not very nice, the bike has been sitting for 8 weeks, so I reckon an oil change before the next service should fix that. Fuel economy is still in the shit, need to get it put back on the yoshy box and have it restored back to default and see how that goes.

A bit peeved that they didn't clean and lube the chain. A small thing, but it would show that they care about their quality of work and the customer, Suspect like that would happen Evil or Very Mad Paint work is not bad but there is a bit of run off on the bottom of the fairings. Also, they didn't quite make the dent in the tank disappear.

All in all, great to have it back. The GSX1400 doesn't quite corner like the Bandit, plus I know how the Bandit handles in the wet.

Did exactly the same thing when i first bought the bike. Got it home and then had it in pieces, installing all my extras. The R&G aero crash knobs are of good solid construction and make for a somewhat high pair of highway pegs Very Happy Installed all the engine covers on both sides, not sure on how they will be effected by heat or if they will trap the heat within. Axle guards are a mix of R&G (Front) and GSG Moto(Rear). New bar ends and brake/clutch levers, courstesey of Ebay. I'll got some piccies after I give it a bit of a clean.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Tue 08 Feb 2011, 9:37 am

Glad to hear you've got it back. Just a pity theres a few niggles still to be sorted out to get it back to how it should be Evil or Very Mad considering how long you had to wait. Keep at it, it was a new bike before the prang, it should come back to you as a new bike.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mars Wed 09 Feb 2011, 9:11 pm

Four40, your beautiful machine is back on the road. bigger and better! congrats! cheers

The little shit will sort itself out.
Safe riding. p.s Love the mods and look forward to some pics.
Mars
Mars

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 16 Aug 2012, 8:38 am

Holy thread revival Batman!! Why, becuase I have officially owned my bike for more than 2 years!! (well 2 years and 2 months) Now that the bike is out of warranty, it's time to think about getting some suspension mods done. Stock has done a good job so far, but I want to know how the bike feels when it's got some of Lauries magic in it. Other goals, 50 000km on 1 bike (not that far off at 37000), more out of town rides.

Now to see if I can continue to resist a satin black Ducati 848 Streetfighter....
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3