Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day

+17
Re-Cycled
whitey1
SirFA
2wheelsagain
boomer
grahame
solerida
Saikhan
dhula
rolls
Big Al
Reardo
Cameron
potatomasher
Baz
Sloth_27
Four40
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

G'day - Page 2 Empty G'day

Post  Four40 Sat 10 Jul 2010, 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

A new bike and a new forum.
My name is Sean and I recently bought a very nice dark blue GSX1250FA. Upgraded from the GSX650FU.

I've been riding for 3 years and had 3 bikes, a trend that I hope to break with my current ride. Live in the ACT but don't hold that against me Smile
G'day - Page 2 Th_100_0758
I'm hoping that my yoshy will turn up soon as it's almost criminal not to hear the bike when it gets into it.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

G'day - Page 2 Empty Re: G'day

Post  Re-Cycled Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:07 pm

Four40 wrote:I ordered the lot, front axle protectors, engine covers and crash pads.

Unfortunately, my week has gone from bad to worse. Got rear ended today and now the bike is more damaged. Started first time after I got it up though. Now the wait for assessors and all that stuff. Meanwhile, I'm bikeless and pissed off.

Unbelievable, you are having a bad week. Sounds like you're OK though, which is great, hope you can get it all sorted out and back on the road soon.

It's a shame the guy that rear ended you damaged your Yoshi Wink

Last edited by Re-Cycled on Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:09 pm

Well that what the smash repairs guy said, hehe. Even though the low side damaged it, the rear ender finished it.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:14 pm

Shit Sean, sorry to hear about that. I'd have to agree that this is not a good week.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:17 pm

aaargh, thats about all I can say, just arrrgh. Shocked

Well, it can only get better from here. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 02 Dec 2010, 10:40 pm

Bad luck mate that really sucks big time

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Fri 03 Dec 2010, 12:01 am

Well at least now you can claim on insurance with no fault of your own. Smile Get the whole lot fixed on the one claim. Of course all the damage was done in the rear ender prang!
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 03 Dec 2010, 1:36 pm

Unfortunately, the smash repairs guy can tell it's a seperate accident. I wasn't going to bs them anyway. They'll do a private quote for a respray and my brother knows a few other painters around town. Who knows, I may come out of it without breaking the bank. If the bandit and I can take this amount of abuse and survive, it was meant to be Cool
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  SirFA Fri 03 Dec 2010, 4:43 pm

Four40 wrote:Unfortunately, the smash repairs guy can tell it's a seperate accident. I wasn't going to bs them anyway. They'll do a private quote for a respray and my brother knows a few other painters around town. Who knows, I may come out of it without breaking the bank. If the bandit and I can take this amount of abuse and survive, it was meant to be Cool

It was meant to be!

I feel your pain mate!
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Fri 03 Dec 2010, 4:47 pm

I am a panelbeater and would have thought he might be able to work it into the insurance quote anyway or is it that obvious? Put it on anyway and you might get lucky or the assessor might just knock the extra off. No harm in trying. Smile
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 03 Dec 2010, 5:26 pm

whitey1 wrote: is it that obvious?
Yep, I low sided on the right hand side, which held up remarkably. The rear end hit me on the rear right and impacted/slid on the left hand side. I tried to contact the smash repair guy, but he was not in. At least I got a call from the company who do the assessing for QBE, so things are moving in the right direction.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 06 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

Damn!! My R&G order turned up today. Ordered on the 1st December. Crash knobs, front axle knobs, engine cover, 1 RHS and 2 LHS. I'm chasing up to see if the front axle guards will work on the rear. The cogs of the insurance agencies are slowly turning, hope the assessor isn't too far away.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  SirFA Mon 06 Dec 2010, 8:28 pm

Four40 wrote:Damn!! My R&G order turned up today. Ordered on the 1st December. Crash knobs, front axle knobs, engine cover, 1 RHS and 2 LHS. I'm chasing up to see if the front axle guards will work on the rear. The cogs of the insurance agencies are slowly turning, hope the assessor isn't too far away.

Wow that's quick, can't wait to get my R&G crash knobs. All the best mate, hope it works out for you
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Wed 08 Dec 2010, 9:59 pm

Hi & welcome from Perth

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 10 Dec 2010, 6:58 am

Got that second most dreaded call yesterday, the total for damage done by the accident and the expected wait time. Over 6 grand for the quote and 6 fucking weeks for part to come in. That's if the assessor doesn't write it off. A few seconds of in attention results in me missing out of 2/3 of summer riding. Fucking idiot drivers
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 10 Dec 2010, 7:11 am

Four40 wrote:Got that second most dreaded call yesterday, the total for damage done by the accident and the expected wait time. Over 6 grand for the quote and 6 fucking weeks for part to come in. That's if the assessor doesn't write it off. A few seconds of in attention results in me missing out of 2/3 of summer riding. Fucking idiot drivers

Man that sucks. Hope you get riding soon.

Do you regret forecasting this?
Four40 wrote:had 3 bikes, a trend that I hope to break with my current ride.

Chin up mate. You're still in one piece.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 10 Dec 2010, 9:03 am

F*#k mate, thats a bad run Sad

U can fix the sleeve with Yoshi parts

OR

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Fri 10 Dec 2010, 9:21 am

Four40 wrote:Got that second most dreaded call yesterday, the total for damage done by the accident and the expected wait time. Over 6 grand for the quote and 6 fucking weeks for part to come in. That's if the assessor doesn't write it off. A few seconds of in attention results in me missing out of 2/3 of summer riding. Fucking idiot drivers
Hope it gets written off then so you can go buy another bike and get riding again.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 10 Dec 2010, 9:36 am

We had a sv650 which which went under a loaded horse truck $7000 damage.
Bike was assessed at BIKE shop who we told before hand we would prefer it written off,as we wanted to buy a NEW BIKE from THEM!
Bike was written off .

Don'T know if it made any differance but you have to wonder?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 10 Dec 2010, 9:51 am

If it get written off, it's bullshit. The bike runs and the damage is mostly cosmetic. I don't really give a toss about the engine casing scratches, as I have bought crash covers for them. I'm pretty sure the I can use the rear indicators at the front, I have the OEM ones at home and the stock pipe too, but the shop fobbed me off saying it'll cost $300 to get it road worthy and then they'll have to take all parts off when the replacements come.

Yeah, I'm venting but after riding to work for the last 3-4 years, regardless of weather or time of day/night, having to catch a bus sucks major arse. I don't drive and don't really want to learn how.

If it does get written off, I'm heading straight to Dahlitz and buying another blue GSX! Fuck wasting more time and money at CMC.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 10 Dec 2010, 10:06 am

I'm scratching my head hear a bit.I think what Whitey and i are thinking is that you would WANT it written off.
Maybe Ive come in at the end of the story and have missed something.I'll keep quiet.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 10 Dec 2010, 11:48 am

gus wrote:I'm scratching my head hear a bit.I think what Whitey and i are thinking is that you would WANT it written off.
Maybe Ive come in at the end of the story and have missed something.I'll keep quiet.
No no, I'm just pissed that such a minor incident can write off a perfectly good bike.

Yes, as I've never driven or ridden before, it's part and parcel of a new comer to the roads to have a few bingles here and there, I find myself questioning if I should keep at riding or give it the boot. I really did not want to replace my bandit so soon after buying it.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 10 Dec 2010, 12:44 pm

Don't do anything drastic like that .There's good and bad with everything ,you just got the bad bit first.Plenty off people here
wanting to share the good times with you. You had insurance so it should all end up ok. Smile If you start jumping up and down it may not. No
We had a bike on the coast here which another bike fell onto (while it was parked) then on to the ground .They wrote it off.
Insurance companies none of us under stand how THEY think.,maybe that's another post.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 10 Dec 2010, 1:18 pm

Mark it up to stress at work combined with not riding, which was my release to and from work. I need to ride and I love riding, bloody work!!!!
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 13 Dec 2010, 5:56 pm

Update time. So after talking with the shop and the assesor, it looks like its a wait for repair job. The assessor will look at the bike on Thursday. In the typical quote for insurance, they reckon there is $6400 worth of damage. Pigs arse.

Uploaded pics, hopefully they'll show the damage well enough https://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/skb-kaz/Crashed/2010%20Bandit/Rear%20ended/

RHS pannier rack, cracked, top box mount suffered a bit of damage. LHS faring including nose piece scratched, peg and mount bent, gear shifter bent, centrestand I'm not sure if it's bent or just moved from the impact. LHS front indicator gone, mirror too. Yoshy is now a piece of sculpture that may be on display on some road side around town. Canberra riders will know what I'm talking about Very Happy
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 13 Jan 2011, 1:04 pm

Another update, no closer to getting the bike back Crying or Very sad

Well the shop failed to assess the damage to the handlebars until my brother advised them that it felt weird when it was loaded onto the trailer. WTF, I would think there would be a standard list to check. They also didn't quote the top box mounting plate to be replaced, the plastic lug on the left hand side where the top box locks into is broken and it's pretty damn obvious.

Thanks to the time of year everything happened, the parts required were order from Japan, who did not return to work until this Monday. If they'd bother to mention this at the beggining, I'd gone out and found a motard to get me mobile again. Twisted Evil

So all up, one rear end, nearly 6 weeks off the road, with potential of another 3-4. It's a piss poor system where we don't have a local supplier who stocks up on spares.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next