Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RELAY WIRING QUESTION

3 posters

Go down

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Empty RELAY WIRING QUESTION

Post  gazzar Sat 03 May 2014, 10:38 am

B-M, U do electrics , is the wiring in this diagram correct or not, if wrong where do they go.

I need guidance ..............  Smile 

RELAY WIRING QUESTION 00111

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------
4 those who believe,no proof is necessary.
4 those who don't...... no proof is possible.                                                                                     

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Empty Re: RELAY WIRING QUESTION

Post  Dekenai Sat 03 May 2014, 11:05 am

This is pretty fucked up and not the way to do it.  For starters there is no line to earth from the relay, and you have all the current running through the switch.

Do it like this.
RELAY WIRING QUESTION 2010-12-30_225918_relay_wiring
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 03 May 2014, 11:43 am

Hi G, we really need a little more info on what you are trying to do, I'm assuming you are installing a HID kit ?

The relay will actually work if you have tapped both sides of the tail lamp bulb.  On the bike the Brown wire to the tail light is +12v and the Black/White is the earth.  The relay will stay energised whilst the bike is on.

You have taken an un-fused +12v through the relay contact to the switch, there is also another (fused) +12v going to this switch, then I'm assuming the 12v goes off and powers the HID ballast.  It looks like the switch may have a light (round circle ?) hence the fused 12v, but this would stay on all the time even when the bike is switched off (i.e. you will have a dead (flat) battery if left for too long without riding).

If this is a HID and you want it to replace low beam, there is no need for the switch, but you will need to fuse the line going to the relay.  I would also run the earth lead from the ballast back to the -12v battery, others might be happy with finding a good (metal) frame earth point.

Let us know if this is off track and what you are trying to achieve.

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzar Sat 03 May 2014, 11:50 am

Here's me installation guide,using this diagram put in a relay an show what connects 2 what.

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Scan10

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzar Sat 03 May 2014, 11:52 am

barry_mcki wrote:Hi G, we really need a little more info on what you are trying to do, I'm assuming you are installing a HID kit ?

The relay will actually work if you have tapped both sides of the tail lamp bulb.  On the bike the Brown wire to the tail light is +12v and the Black/White is the earth.  The relay will stay energised whilst the bike is on.

You have taken an un-fused +12v through the relay contact to the switch, there is also another (fused) +12v going to this switch, then I'm assuming the 12v goes off and powers the HID ballast.  It looks like the switch may have a light (round circle ?) hence the fused 12v, but this would stay on all the time even when the bike is switched off (i.e. you will have a dead (flat) battery if left for too long without riding).

If this is a HID and you want it to replace low beam, there is no need for the switch, but you will need to fuse the line going to the relay.  I would also run the earth lead from the ballast back to the -12v battery, others might be happy with finding a good (metal) frame earth point.

Let us know if this is off track and what you are trying to achieve.
Was hpoing U'd join the party B

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzar Sat 03 May 2014, 12:17 pm

Sorted................ thanks guys.

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 03 May 2014, 12:26 pm

Okay - now I know what you have - an accent coloured LED thingie (sorry for use of big technical word).

The LED units don't draw too much current and could be installed like they have shown without a relay, but I am assuming you want to have it on only when the bike is on, because using their instructions the unit could be left on after the bike is switched off.

So the change Iwould make is to install your relay and install it in line with the fused +12v (basically where that crimp connector is).  Leave your 85 & 86 wires connected to the Brown and Black/White tail light wires) like you have drawn initially.  Connect the fuse side wire to connector 30, and the wire going to the switch on connector 87.

You have also got the small black wire wrong that you show coming from the relay 87 to the switch, this switch wire needs to find earth, I still think there is a light in the switch, this wire is for that light circuit.

Hope this helps:

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Led_li10

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzar Sat 03 May 2014, 12:55 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Okay - now I know what you have - an accent coloured LED thingie (sorry for use of big technical word).

The LED units don't draw too much current and could be installed like they have shown without a relay, but I am assuming you want to have it on only when the bike is on, because using their instructions the unit could be left on after the bike is switched off.

So the change Iwould make is to install your relay and install it in line with the fused +12v (basically where that crimp connector is).  Leave your 85 & 86 wires connected to the Brown and Black/White tail light wires) like you have drawn initially.  Connect the fuse side wire to connector 30, and the wire going to the switch on connector 87.

You have also got the small black wire wrong that you show coming from the relay 87 to the switch, this switch wire needs to find earth, I still think there is a light in the switch, this wire is for that light circuit.

Hope this helps:

RELAY WIRING QUESTION Led_li10
Thanks B, thats what i like bout this place, all the people that help................ Very Happy 

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down