Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit vs GSX

+2
Baz
BanditDave
6 posters

Go down

Bandit vs GSX Empty Bandit vs GSX

Post  BanditDave Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

Well, I think the time is fast approaching for a new set of wheels.

Having owned an 06 Bandit and presently an 09 Bandit I have trolled the internet and dealers to make the next move.

Being a "little short in the fork" whatever I buy will undergo some slight modification, probably in the seat to begin with.

According to the Suzuki web site the current Bandit has a seat height of 785/805 where the GSX is quoted as 805/825.

I cannot see that there is any change in this part of the bike. Can anybody confirm this?

I really do like the GSX probably as I haven't owned a bike with a fairing before.

Looking for some help please.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Bandit vs GSX Empty Re: Bandit vs GSX

Post  Baz Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:02 pm

Dave, I had an 09 Bandit S and a 2010 GSX. The lowsest setting on the GSX was a tad too high for me, I could ride it but not everyday riding at that seat height .. and I think you are more vertically challenged than me. I think suzuki put in a beefier rear shock in the GSX that makes the seat height higher.

I ended up buying a seargent low seat which was fine and would suit you too but the GSX costs more than the Bandit and then you need to buy a new seat to suit, making it expensive.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:06 pm

Googled "Top ten bikes for short in the fork people" & the only non cruiser that was remotely exciting was Ducati monster 696. Seat height of 770mm. Not sure if the bigger bore variants are the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 14 Mar 2014, 7:41 pm

BanditDave wrote:Well, I think the time is fast approaching for a new set of wheels.

Having owned an 06 Bandit and presently an 09 Bandit I have trolled the internet and dealers to make the next move.

Being a "little short in the fork" whatever I buy will undergo some slight modification, probably in the seat to begin with.

According to the Suzuki web site the current Bandit has a seat height of 785/805 where the GSX is quoted as 805/825.

I cannot see that there is any change in this part of the bike. Can anybody confirm this?

I really do like the GSX probably as I haven't owned a bike with a fairing before.

Looking for some help please.

Australia Post are re-equipping so the should be plenty of postie bikes on the market! Razz

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:07 pm

I spent some time at a major multi brand dealer in Melbourne yesterday. I came away with the thought there is nothing available that comes close to the value of the GSF1250 represents. That's a big plus for Suzuki but a major problem for those looking to update in the next 12 months.

There's plenty of excellent bikes with superior tech and spec's in the $16k range. They're good value but at an extra 25%.

The Ninja 1000 is the pick at that price point unless you can get a VFR on an end of month sale or something.

If I was buying yesterday I would have ridden home a brand new 2013 burgundy Busa at $14,799. Not a demo either. Now that's value!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:17 pm

Ohhhh The Busa at that price is amazing......
Very tempting
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down