Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Years in The Saddle

5 posters

Go down

6 Years in The Saddle Empty 6 Years in The Saddle

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 09 Dec 2013, 6:39 pm

Seeing as we've had a few new members popping up who appear to want to make love to their new GSF/GSX I thought I'd post my thoughts about living with the big lump.

To me the Bandit 1250S is an equal mix or awesomeness and frustration.

Black Betty has let me down a couple of times in our 35,000km and I'm disappointed in the quality of finish every time I run the polishing cloth over it. (often Embarassed )
The paint is very thin and the frame welds are rough. The wheels are east to mark. Its heavy. The wiring will be suspect long term. Don't try to ride the S at night and there is a whole list of things Suzuki should have done better in a thread HERE. Its the only bike I have ever owned that has made me feel like I need another bike as well. But.

The awesomeness of this bike smacks me in the side of the head every time I ride to Melbourne like I did yesterday. It is far and away the best traffic bike I have ever owned. The way that engine pulls would leave a 13yr old boy for dead. Its brilliant in traffic and once rolling the weight isn't an issue. Even the brakes are good enough if you're looking a couple of cars ahead like you should be. Get the bike out on the open road and its smooth and comfortable and eats miles and nibbles away at your license. There's more than enough poke for our over regulated roads and its easy to get away from people who shouldn't be on the road.

The more bikes I ride while in possession of the B1250 the more I'm amazed by how much motorcycle I bought in Oct 07 for just under $12k.
A couple of weeks ago I sold a more superior bike because it didn't do what the Bandit does as well as the Bandit does it. Yet the Bandit should have had the same technology 7 years later. I bought a Firestorm yesterday which on paper has similar power/torque figures but I reckon the Bandit would win a drag race but we all know we have to turn corners eventually (Reardo is the exception Laughing ) I'm wondering how many more bikes I'll buy and sell while still not being prepared to part with the B1250.

In my opinion the Bandit 1250S is more than the sum of its parts and you cant say that about too many bikes since someone decided to strap an engine to a bicycle frame.
Yes the Bandit can be improved. Yes its a bloody shame they're not made any more. Yes you are right to be impressed by the practical and reliable motorcycle we all know and love.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

6 Years in The Saddle Empty Re: 6 Years in The Saddle

Post  mtbeerwah Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:52 pm

I could probably ad a few bits and pieces, but you`ve pretty well summed it up
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:54 pm

when did they stop making them ?
  They still show the ABS model for 2014 on their web site

Last edited by paul on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:01 pm

paul wrote:when did they stop making them ?
Mate you cant get a 2013/14 GSF. All GSX now  Sad

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:06 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
paul wrote:when did they stop making them ?
Mate you cant get a 2013/14 GSF. All GSX now  Sad
Just added to my last post as you answered ................rather confusing , the 2014 range still shows the ABS model ........................must be a model run out then Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:03 pm

Is 2W becoming ..........mellow ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:31 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Seeing as we've had a few new members popping up who appear to want to make love to their new GSF/GSX I thought I'd post my thoughts about living with the big lump.

Black Betty has let me down a couple of times in our 35,000km and I'm disappointed in the quality of finish every time I run the polishing cloth over it. (often Embarassed )
The paint is very thin and the frame welds are rough. The wheels are east to mark. Its heavy. The wiring will be suspect long term. Don't try to ride the S at night and there is a whole list of things Suzuki should have done better in a thread HERE. Its the only bike I have ever owned that has made me feel like I need another bike as well. But.

The awesomeness of this bike smacks me in the side of the head every time I ride to Melbourne like I did yesterday. It is far and away the best traffic bike I have ever owned. The way that engine pulls would leave a 13yr old boy for dead. Its brilliant in traffic and once rolling the weight isn't an issue. Even the brakes are good enough if you're looking a couple of cars ahead like you should be. Get the bike out on the open road and its smooth and comfortable and eats miles and nibbles away at your license. There's more than enough poke for our over regulated roads and its easy to get away from people who shouldn't be on the road.

The more bikes I ride while in possession of the B1250 the more I'm amazed by how much motorcycle I bought in Oct 07 for just under $12k.
A couple of weeks ago I sold a more superior bike because it didn't do what the Bandit does as well as the Bandit does it. Yet the Bandit should have had the same technology 7 years later. I bought a Firestorm yesterday which on paper has similar power/torque figures but I reckon the Bandit would win a drag race but we all know we have to turn corners eventually (Reardo is the exception Laughing ) I'm wondering how many more bikes I'll buy and sell while still not being prepared to part with the B1250.

In my opinion the Bandit 1250S is more than the sum of its parts and you cant say that about too many bikes since someone decided to strap an engine to a bicycle frame.
Yes the Bandit can be improved. Yes its a bloody shame they're not made any more. Yes you are right to be impressed by the practical and reliable motorcycle we all know and love.

I couldn't have said it better myself Chris. It's an awesome bike to ride, but with the trouble I've had, I keep wondering if I'd have done better with 1800 Honda Shadow I almost bought.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 10 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

Kaupy1962 wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Seeing as we've had a few new members popping up who appear to want to make love to their new GSF/GSX I thought I'd post my thoughts about living with the big lump.

kaupy wrote:I couldn't have said it better myself Chris. It's an awesome bike to ride, but with the trouble I've had, I keep wondering if I'd have done better with 1800 Honda Shadow I almost bought.

Mate I have no doubt they're a quick and capable bike.
Outright top speed wouldnt be any quicker than the B1250 but they're probably a bit more enjoyable close to its limits Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down