Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waterless Coolant

3 posters

Go down

Waterless Coolant Empty Waterless Coolant

Post  Hammy Sun 01 Dec 2013, 10:17 am

Has anyone bothered trying one of these types of coolant ? 
 http://liquidintelligence.com.au/

Looks to have a lot of benefits for an engine.  I guess it is not cheap though.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Waterless Coolant Empty Re: Waterless Coolant

Post  paul Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:29 am

Waterless Coolant Checkmark22Universal Antifreeze Anti-Boil is premixed with demineralized water at 50% with no further dilution required for use.
Looks like it's just premixed coolant ( with demineralised water ) so freight would cost you more than mixing it yourself from concentrate.
( I think I would still flush the system as well )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  WISA Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:58 pm

This is interesting....isn't it?

The 115 coolant mix is labeled as 'waterless'.......utilizing 'nano' (particle) technology, for superior cooling!..............but in the associated product/qualifying statements they say (something like)...the terminology 'waterless' might be construed or understood (by customers?) to mean...."there is no water used in the product", whereas, "water is used as a carrier/medium to hold the nano particles in solution, but at a minimal level at which it should not be considered to be water based"...........not misleading at all! 

Now, I'm definitely not scientifically equipped to know or judge how good this nano technology coolant solution mix is, but I do know that I have used ethylene glycol/water based mixes up to 50:50 ratio in numerous vehicles for decades (the longest single vehicle/period exceeding 24 years), and have never had a premature problem with cooling/corrosion that was caused by using this mix and ratio. By the way, the 115 'waterless'/'synthetic' mixture also contains ethylene/glycol with water together with the nano particles/ additives.

Cooling systems are designed with all contributing factors in mind, not least, the safe and repeatable heat cycles (sub-freezing to heatwave) that the engine is likely to be subjected to without causing heat/pressure/corrosion induced component and/or system inefficiency or failure, (subject to proper scheduled maintenance and use). 

The vast majority of automotive coolant mixes use water as a substantial component...why?.....because in its pure liquid form, it has the highest heat capacity (by volume) afaik of any commonly available substances,..... it is also cheap, non toxic, low viscosity/high flow and universally available (amongst other qualities).....some of the reasons why we don't use higher ratio ethylene/glycol mixtures.

In short.....One of the quoted/advertised testimonials stated/inferred (amongst other things) that if you don't actually have a cooling problem, don't change, as this product would not necessarily add any benefit.....

WISA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down