Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coolant Top up

3 posters

Go down

Coolant Top up Empty Coolant Top up

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 26 May 2011, 7:27 pm

Was mucking about under the seat today and couldn't see any coolant in the expansion bottle. Was a bit worried as when it fell over recently on a wet, muddy road it knocked the radiator about. If I'd lost coolant I wouldn't have been able to see it in the mud so the fact that I couldn't see any in the overflow bottle had me a bit concerned that i had a leak and had lost coolant.

So I undid the cap (or more correctly - pulled out the plug) and started to trickle in some new coolant. Before i know it, it's overflowing green coolant over the back of the bike! But I still couldn't see any through the plastic expansion bottle! I reckon the "low" and "full" markings are useless as you can't see the coolant anyway. And this stuff was very green so I'd have expected to see something before it started to overflow.

Be warned.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Coolant Top up Empty Re: Coolant Top up

Post  gus Thu 26 May 2011, 7:32 pm

Told you coolant was evil .I hated changing mine .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 26 May 2011, 10:04 pm

If you shine a torch into the bottle opening (it's bloody hard but can be done) at the right angle you can see the coolant level. Or a torch at just the right angle shone at the side of the expansion tank will let you see the level also.

A trick I have been using since day one on all expansion bottles that are white plastic is to mark the low and high levels with black texta. Makes it a slight bit easier to see and work out the level

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum