Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoei Air Helmet

3 posters

Go down

Shoei Air Helmet Empty Shoei Air Helmet

Post  Mpottsy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 1:23 pm

I recently purchased the latest Shoei Air Helmet as I was getting a tad lazy in my old age and getting feed up having to constantly change Visors. Also due to a very large stone chip hole in the chin area on my old Shoei 1100 I was concerned about having an accident and the front of the helmet disintegrating 

The New Air comes with a built in sun visor which can be easily engaged or retracted. The helmet seems lighter than my older helmet and has a tighter fit all round. Coupled with the latest in quick release cheek pads make for a much nicer helmet. Noise from wind and road also appears to have been reduced compared with the old 1100 and I have found myself turning down the volume of the Sena unit whilst listening to Vivaldi. 

The helmet comes with a face deflector and a pinloc anti fog visor which i have used in the past on my 1100 and I am very happy with. One small gripe is the the internal sun visor still fogs but with a liberal application of Catcrap this nows seems to have been cured. One positive of the internal visor is that on a hot day and slow speed riding in traffic you can increase ventilation without the phaf of having to wear glasses.

Over all very impressed and worth the price. Okay now that I am in the trade so to speak I do get a little extra discount hehe.

Shoei Air Helmet Photo_12

Shoei Air Helmet Photo_16

Shoei Air Helmet Photo_17

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Shoei Air Helmet Empty Re: Shoei Air Helmet

Post  Baz Fri 08 Nov 2013, 4:54 pm

Looks good Mark. Looks like it has a flap at the rear to help keep wind out as well. Hmm, might have to go and try one on I think.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm

Good review thanks. I think I've found my Christmas Present from myself!!!

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down