Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RadGaurd radiator gaurd.

+5
reddog
2wheelsagain
Dekenai
mtbeerwah
Hammy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RadGaurd  radiator gaurd. - Page 2 Empty RadGaurd radiator gaurd.

Post  Hammy Thu 07 Nov 2013, 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

For those of you that have not heard.  On the trip down south I had a little oops when I hit the front edge of an old wooden bridge a bit hard on the first day. Forks bottomed out. Blew the L/H fork seal and then later in Cowra realised that the back bottom edge of the front mudguard had came up over the bottom edge of the RadGaurd frame and then on the way back down had snapped off a small piece of the mudguard right in the middle. Am still in two minds whether to buy a new one, $250, or just trim the 20mm off the bottom and not worry about it.  Anyway.  I sent Radgaurd an email. Paul from Radgaurd just rang me here at work and asked me what had happened. I explained it all. He offered to do a mod to my radguard so that it will not happen again. They will weld in a flat piece of aluminium in the centre so that it is smooth and will not catch. Also rebuff it all and make it look like new. I told him that was nice but that would not help much with the $250 for a new mudguard. He told me to do the trimming option and that I would not be able to tell. I told him that if I did that then I would not have the problem of it snagging again, would I ?  Silence.  Oh well, what can you do.  They're in Sydney and I'm up here in sunny Qld.  I will post it down to them just in case I go with the new option. I will trim it first and see what I think.  End of story......for now.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

RadGaurd  radiator gaurd. - Page 2 Empty Re: RadGaurd radiator gaurd.

Post  paul Sat 16 Nov 2013, 3:07 pm

Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:do you think an extender fender may help stop this problem ?

You could colour match one & fit to your now shortened guard as well  Very Happy
Soory,  I don't like the look of fender extenders.   Do you have an extention of some sort Paul ?  Embarassed
Only the missus  Razz Razz
You wait till I come down there.  I'm going to tell her that.   That'll learn ya.
What  I meant is an extension as in a marriage partner .........................what were YOU thinking .........................I think it's time for you to stand in the naughty corner & think about what you said lol! lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 16 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm

There is no way i'd pay for any of those guards when I can buy some mesh from most auto places .Enough to make 2 for $19, that allows more air flow and looks as good if not better
On the Tl there is a little lip that allows the mesh to tuck behind .A little black salastic to hold in place .One guard for $8.10 .
No lip on the bandit so just cut exactly and glue .Enough left over for the tl 's oil cooler  .3 guards for  less than $20.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 16 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm

Gus.  The Martha Stewart of the Bandit forum.

ps.  I did not buy it. It came with the bike.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 16 Nov 2013, 7:16 pm

I lie , when I first got the bandit I did buy an expensive one .After 2 weeks it annoyed me so much I started hacking into it till it was a bin job .
Then I bought the $19 mesh. So really it cost me about $120 .Embarassed Embarassed
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum