Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Moorehouse Ergo Seats

+3
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
Hammy
7 posters

Go down

John Moorehouse Ergo Seats Empty John Moorehouse Ergo Seats

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:07 am

Well after covering some 2800 ks on our adventure to Cowra and back I have found the "John Moorehouse Ergo Seats " mods to my std 1250 seat to be nothing short of fantastic. Not a dumb bum at any time. Even after an 890 k stint on sunday. He, John, stripped the old foam out ( only the rider section ). Replaced with the right density foams for my weight and sculptured it to be more comfortable, ie, narrower.  I carried my Air Hawk with me just in case. On night two we ran into three bikers at the hotel we were staying at. One was on a 1250 that he had just purchased. Poor bugger could hardly walk after doing only 800 ks that day. I told him about the Air Hawk, and of course about my mods to my seat. He wanted to buy my Air Hawk off me right there and then.  The next morning I found him and offered to lend him mine for the remainder of his ride. He was so grateful.  No probs I said. That's what us bikers do.  I told him to just post it back to me when he got home.  So anyway.  Check out John Moorehouse on the net thingy if you are interested in getting your seat redone. You could probably just post him the front section to redo.

ps. I am in no way affiliated to John Moorehouse.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

John Moorehouse Ergo Seats Empty Re: John Moorehouse Ergo Seats

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm

Sounds like the most cost-effective solution.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 06 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

How much to do yours Hammy?

I used to say mine was fine but I carried my own padding then Smile
Its still ok but could be improved but the best part of $450 for a seat is a bit hard to justify when most of my rides are 500km max.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:How much to do yours Hammy?

I used to say mine was fine but I carried my own padding then Smile
Its still ok but could be improved but the best part of $450 for a seat is a bit hard to justify when most of my rides are 500km max.
John charged me $150 to do mine, reusing the old vinyl because there was nothing wrong with it.  Best $150 I think that I have spent on her.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:29 pm

Hammy what legend you are, Shit that was a really nice thing to do. just as long as he posts it back
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:41 pm

Hammy wrote:Well after covering some 2800 ks on our adventure to Cowra and back I have found the "John Moorehouse Ergo Seats " mods to my std 1250 seat to be nothing short of fantastic. Not a dumb bum at any time. Even after an 890 k stint on sunday. He, John, stripped the old foam out ( only the rider section ). Replaced with the right density foams for my weight and sculptured it to be more comfortable, ie, narrower.  I carried my Air Hawk with me just in case. On night two we ran into three bikers at the hotel we were staying at. One was on a 1250 that he had just purchased. Poor bugger could hardly walk after doing only 800 ks that day. I told him about the Air Hawk, and of course about my mods to my seat. He wanted to buy my Air Hawk off me right there and then.  The next morning I found him and offered to lend him mine for the remainder of his ride. He was so grateful.  No probs I said. That's what us bikers do.  I told him to just post it back to me when he got home.  So anyway.  Check out John Moorehouse on the net thingy if you are interested in getting your seat redone. You could probably just post him the front section to redo.

ps. I am in no way affiliated to John Moorehouse.
Damn, he is in QLD. Will he accept via mail? and post back.
Not sure I can wait that long to go with out a seat though. Maybe I should buy another one if he accepts via post
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:49 pm

Where are you located TSIM? I am sure someone who bought an aftermarket seat near you could possibly lend you their stocker whilst you get yours sorted. An aftermarket seat is a must, and an airhawk compliments it for the longer journeys
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:54 pm

reddog wrote:Where are you located TSIM? I am sure someone who bought an aftermarket seat near you could possibly lend you their stocker whilst you get yours sorted. An aftermarket seat is a must, and an airhawk compliments it for the longer  journeys
Sydney/Central Coast.
Any offers?
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:06 pm

Mpottsy had his done at VCM seats in Sydney   Very Happy( if not still there , there are bound to be other trimmers capable in Sydney )

Probably best to speak to & discuss what you want in person , so there is no confusion & you get exactly what you want density type of foam / shape  etc . to suit you .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

paul wrote:Mpottsy had his done at VCM seats in Sydney   Very Happy( if not still there , there are bound to be other trimmers capable in Sydney )

Probably best to speak to & discuss what you want in person , so there is no confusion & you get exactly what you want density type of foam / shape  etc . to suit you .
VCM Kev is a member of this forum. Hasn't posted for a while and has now wound down his business to selective custom jobs only but a PM never hurts. 
Kev is building a sick Busa NOS injected drag bike at the moment.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:29 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
paul wrote:Mpottsy had his done at VCM seats in Sydney   Very Happy( if not still there , there are bound to be other trimmers capable in Sydney )

VCM Kev is a member of this forum. Hasn't posted for a while and has now wound down his business to selective custom jobs only but a PM never hurts. 
Kev is building a sick Busa NOS injected drag bike at the moment.

Tried to track him down after posting via Google , but didn't come up with much on him

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 07 Nov 2013, 6:53 am

BigKev https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/u96 hope his pm's still go to his email address.  Get back to me if no luck. We often chat on FB.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down