Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim .

3 posters

Go down

Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim . Empty Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim .

Post  gus Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:27 pm

First off let me say I will never buy a jacket with a fixed wet weather liner . Useless when it gets warm .
I bought a DUHAN jacket (e-Bay ) for $85 about a year ago . It warm in winter , removable liner .
Its cool in summer because of long vent zips and NO wet liner .
They say its water proof but I bet it isn't , so I bought a XXL over nylon jacket .(im XL ) Cost $60

So for less than $150 I can ride in the cold and wet  and in 30 deg. + and no dim sim skin .

Mine is a touring type
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim . Empty Re: Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim .

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:13 pm

Cheap certainly has a place.  I've been very happy with the Biker's Gear Warehouse winter jacket I bought for $99 from the store at Philip Island, about 2 years ago.  Obviously you don't get Gortex for that price but has been pretty good in wet conditions (so far).  It does have a removable liner.

I've always been worried that an overjacket would flap too much (ie annoy the crap out of me!).

I was impressed enough with the BGW winter jacket I also bought the summer one (another $99).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim . Empty Re: Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim .

Post  gus Mon 28 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

They do not flap , as long as you get one size larger than you normally wear .Not xxxxxxxxxxxxxxl +1
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 28 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

Teknic Chicane perforated leather jacket works well for me in summer. 
 Has heaps more protection than any of the dririder type jackets, also has a belt lanyard to clip the back of the jacket to your pants or belt to stop the jacket riding up if you have to test the jacket in real world situations. 

Looks like this 
Cheap ,all round jacket ,that wont turn you into a steamed dim sim . Teknic_Chicane_Jacket_zoom

Bought it secondhand with very little use for a touch over $200
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down