Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa

4 posters

Go down

Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa Empty Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa

Post  OldFella Tue 14 May 2013, 4:17 pm

Hi, I decided that after the last two bikes having shaft drive I didn't want to go back to spraying oil on the chain regularly so I thought I'd give an auto oiler a try. I decided to go the whole hog & got a Pro oiler which I managed to install while the first coat of paint in the lounge was drying. It's all up & working except for setting the CF figure in the controller & to do that I need to connect the signal wire from the speed sensor into the pro oiler junction box. The question is, which wire is the signal wire? The speed controller has three wires, blue, black/white & pink. The wire supplied to connect to the speed sensor is blue but wiring harness colours vary from model to model so in this case it would only be an assumption that it's blue to blue & I don't want to damage anything. If anyone has fitted one of these oilers to a 1250FA I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the signal wire colour. Also - can you tell me where I can get hold of a workshop manual for the same model. I have one for a 1250S, SA which is probably 90% the same but I know the wiring colour codes are different.
OldFella
OldFella

Back to top Go down

Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa Empty Re: Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa

Post  sb1250 Wed 15 May 2013, 10:41 am

I followed Als "how to".......

https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t1544-pro-oiler-any-long-term-reports?highlight=%2Aoiler%2A

I'll have to check tonight for the wire colour of the speed sensor. Im without the Bandit this week, forced into the car to assume taxi duties!!

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa Empty Pro oiler speed sensor signal wire

Post  OldFella Wed 15 May 2013, 12:41 pm

Thanks for that. Before you look it up I need to blush & tell you I was tracing the wrong wires Embarassed Amazing how a bit of daylight helps! Anyway I've got it right this time & managed to work it out. The wires from the speed sensor are black, black/white & black/red with black being the signal wire. Where it plugs into the harness the black becomes pink, I cut into the pink & connected it into the pro oiler junction box & set the CF with no problems. So there you go. Sorry for the stuff up and my appreciation for your offer to help. Maybe this will help others in the future.
OldFella
OldFella

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Wed 15 May 2013, 1:12 pm

Thanks for that. I'm in the throes of installing one myself on my gsf1250s. Early days. Only got the chain/sprocket swing arm acceptably clean, and a mounting block sorted for the pad. Need to get into it, but finding time is the problem. Meanwhile, I've got a bike with a very clean chain which is not being ridden.

Thanks for the advice. Every little bit helps. I haven't got to the wiring yet. I believe the Pro-Oiler is a superior product. I've got a Scottoiler on my other bike, and it seems crude by comparison. I like the way any suitable container can be used for an oil reservoir, and, of course, the more precise metering of the flow and the ease with which it can be changed. A winner for sure.

Back to top Go down

Pro oiler install on gsx1250fa Empty You wont regret it

Post  hendo55 Mon 20 May 2013, 8:50 pm

I have installed pro oilers on both mine and the wifes bike and would never go back to any other form of chain lubrication. just did a trip of over 5,000k with out touching the chain on either bike, just give the wheel rims a quick wipe very thousand K and they stay looking clean and the chain is always just right.

love them Hendo

hendo55

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Sun 20 Oct 2013, 2:10 pm

Update on the Pro-Oiler install.  I was interrupted by some seasonal work, then didn't get to it until yesterday.  

Thanks for the thread OldFella.  This is where I discovered the product in the first place, and I don't think I'm going to be sorry at all I bought it.  

Installation was the usual, time-stuff looking at layout and the options.  Settled on the space below the seat lock for the pump, and the left hand side for the control box, the reservoir was put on the right side, right next to the coolant header tank cap.   There is still space left for the tool kit, but it must lay diagonally in the space it usually occupies.  I was dismayed to find the little block the tool kit rests on is actually represented by a hollow on the wheel side. So much more room could be made available in this space if Suzuki's engineers had put a little thought into it. Maybe they did, logic being to elevate the kit so if it got wet in there, the tools would stay drier.    

So yesterday was physical installation day.  I did not have a wiring diagram, so your post and discussion of your install was real useful. Physically fitted, primed, I  knocked off early to start with a fresh head to tackle the program this morning.  It can be real interesting to get your head around how to program something, which is really quite sophisticated, when you've got only 2 buttons and 2, 7 element LED characters to show you what's what.  

The guide provided is quite good, and as i ordered mine from Pro-oiler directly, the right table had been entered and all I had to do was to derive the correction factor by spinning the wheel and saving the number, confirm that the tasc was enabled, set the controls to 10 (very rich) ride around town for 15 kays or so, to confirm that it was, indeed oiling, then go back to 3 (normal use, default setting) ride home, and park.  

I'd have to say, that right from the onset, I can see that the metering of the oil is much  more accurate than the Scottoiler that I've got on my other bike.  

This product looks like a winner.  Later on, whenever, I might play with the layout of the control box, the pump and reservoir, but for the present, it is out of sight, unobtrusive, and convenient to refill.  i'll let you know what I think down the track, when I've got a few thousand kays up using it.  For the moment, I'm impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post  hendo55 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

Done over 55,000 k since installing mine no way would I ever have another chain drive bike without one. Cleaning is easy, chain is always moist and really smooth. Gee front sprocket still looks new

hendo55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down