Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit

+2
watto110
stu
6 posters

Go down

Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit Empty Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit

Post  stu Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:42 am

So "mainly" due to the airbox on my 06 being a restrictive piece of crap, and annoyingly difficult to remove for cleaning etc, as well as liking the idea of a smoother faster bike.... (I mean 98 stock hp from a 1200? Seems a bit lame.)....  I ponied up the cash for the Dale Walker Holeshot stage 2 jet kit for my bike. Many on this forum have his stuff, and I think it was the recommendations here that convinced me...

Yesterday a mate and I installed the kit. Replaced the jets with significantly larger ones, swapped out needle and even cut the spring inside the carbie (!).

Reinstalled the carbies and LOVED putting on the new air filters. Replacing all that plastic with that tiny air inlet with the two K&N oval air filters makes me very pleased.

Haven't progressed to actually tuning it yet, but initial impressions are bounce  Shocked  I love you  tongue  silent  Very Happy 

HOLY crap batman. The bike was already quick, and now it's just wow. Already has a shortie aftermarket exhaust on it, and now this, and the air is just flowing as freely as it can, and it BLOWS away my old bandit like you wouldn't believe.

Cold startup was so much quicker. My recent dyno showed me that it was running lean below 6000rpm, and cold starts were slow to get to operating without being sluggish.

Of course, it is the first go, and so the bike is popping and crackling really LOUDLY and a lot now. My question to you all is does this mean that it is running too rich at the moment, and the emissions control stuff is burning the unused petrol in the exhaust?

OR?

At the end I mean to get it fine tuned at my local dyno guy here in Canberra, but I want to get it as close as I can myself first.

Here's a pic Smile

Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit 2013-09-06181528_zps6b89e859

And from above. Note all that "extra" storage" space behind the filters that used to be taken up by the air box.

Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit <a href=Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit 2013-09-06175707_zps0ccf3743" />

stu

Back to top Go down

Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit Empty Re: Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit

Post  watto110 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

Looks cool, will be interested to see dyno results, I installed the PAIR removal kit on my 1250 (dunno if they are the same) , it got rid of popping and a heap of crap from under tank.
watto110
watto110

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm

sounds real good,and i really like the look of those air filters,nice,how much for the whole kit?wouldn't mind doing that on my 1200
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:48 am

fat pete wrote:sounds real good,and i really like the look of those air filters,nice,how much for the whole kit?wouldn't mind doing that on my 1200
Cost a bomb oops....

I bought a speedo healer as well, but if I take that off the bill, it came to about $520 maybe... from the US in about a week.... Dollar conversion was kinda shit when I ordered, and freight was a bit.

Stage II jet kit, which includes the air filters
5 degree timing advancer (necessary for the kit's best tuning)

Mate, I don't regret a single dollar.... it is amazing... Very Happy

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:06 pm

Today took off the carbies again. Adjusted the fuel screws to four turns out, and also moved the needles up one and half spaces.

Taking it for a ride, and much smoother than yesterday.... was not popping on acceleration any more, and the flat bit around 4000 has disappeared. Haven't had time to take it for a country spin yet.... Still a bit poppy on decel, and occasionally I hear a big rush of air sucking sound like you hear on performance engines....

When I brought it back from the test ride, it was stinking of petrol. This was leaking out what looked like one of the carbs, but luckily it was actually the hose from tank being cracked. Quick cut and all was good.

So, I think I've done all I can before taking it to be measured on the dyno....

in short, it's really a bloody beast now. Wonder what my fuel economy will look like....

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:19 pm

mate,that sounds bloody magic,i envy you,its something ill start saving some money for thats for sure.please keep us informed on your dyno results,when i bought my 1200 the fella had it on the dyno after he changed the exhaust and she went from whatever they are stock too 104.45 hp,i got the sheet but got to figure out how to post it,later folks
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Tue 10 Sep 2013, 6:49 am

Stu, tune the carbies from the top down, that is don't fuck with the mixture or the midrange untill you are sure you have the right main jet in. Next a couple of highway rides to see how the midrange is going, esp at 120kph cruise. Only then sort out the mixture.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:16 am

rolls wrote:Stu, tune the carbies from the top down, that is don't fuck with the mixture or the midrange untill you are sure you have the right main jet in. Next a couple of highway rides to see how the midrange is going, esp at 120kph cruise. Only then sort out the mixture.
Thanks for this.

So I assume you'll know if your main jet is too small if you don't seem to have enough puff when going hard?

As for mid range, I sat on 120 as suggested in third to fifth gear. Smooth in all and pulled happily.

I did 900km of "testing" this week. Perhaps seems a bit less happy at 1500 - 2000 revs, but is better everywhere else. Top end kinda scarily fast. I might be going for a quick blat with some sports bike riders this afternoon, so I'll see how speed compares then....

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendo81 Fri 10 Jul 2020, 1:18 pm

Hi there.
I alreasy own a holeshot stage 1....

I m just upgrading to full.open air filter.....

So, kindly, @stu, which were your final jets measures?

Mendo81

Back to top Go down

Holeshot stage 2 JEEEETTTTT kit Empty Stage 2 holeshot kit on a Mk1 1200

Post  Chuditch Mon 10 Aug 2020, 3:15 pm

I just dropped one of these kits in on my bike and without dyno tuning it seems to run a lot better with the mid sized jets provided and fuel screws 3.5 turns out, as per the instructions. I have a Black Widow full system on it. Goes like stink but still useful in the lower revs. Very happy.

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendo81 Mon 10 Aug 2020, 3:29 pm

very nice.

i own 2 2001 bandit.

on the first, i installed the stage 1 kit, the one with extra hole on the airbox, and is running smoothly.

i m doing the same mod on the second one (my wife...).....
without dismantling all the carb.to just read the jet numbers, would you tell me which size you installed?

thanks

Mendo81

Chuditch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuditch Mon 10 Aug 2020, 11:15 pm

Mendo81 wrote:very nice.

i own 2 2001 bandit.

on the first, i installed the stage 1 kit, the one with extra hole on the airbox, and is running smoothly.

i m doing the same mod on the second one (my wife...).....
without dismantling all the carb.to just read the jet numbers, would you tell me which size you installed?

thanks

Hi

Just got home and checked the jet size recommendations. There are a three main jet sizes in the stage 2 kit 147.5, 150 and 152.5
Two pilot jet sizes 32.5 and 35
Mid range and the size to start off with is 150 mains and  35 pilots. Note that these are meant to run with the Holeshot needles provided with the kit and that my bike is '96 Mk1 1200 with a Black Widow full system exhaust 300mm can.
The kits are not the same across Mk1 and Mk2.

Chuditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down