Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Could Turn Back Time

+12
Truck bandit
paul
holdenman
Jimmy the Boy
b12mick
BoomGT
BanditDave
sb1250
boomer
madmax
Ewok1958
Hammy
16 posters

Go down

If You Could Turn Back Time Empty If You Could Turn Back Time

Post  Hammy Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:38 am

Firstly.  Paul !  Stop looking for your  "Cher "  costume.  Your not gonna sit on a canon and sing again.  Very Happy 

There has been some talk here on the merits of buying a Bandit.  New or 2nd hand.  And does the bike deliver for the dollar.  So.  My question is :   If you had your time again and know what you know now.  Would you still buy a Bandit  ?   

My answer.   A mighty big  YES.   How else could I get to talk to so many other crazy people.  geek
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

If You Could Turn Back Time Empty Re: If You Could Turn Back Time

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:59 am

A resounding yes from me.  At 6ft 2in tall I need a big roomy bike and the Bandit offers great value for money.  I'd even buy another one as there are bugger all alternatives that meet the brief for the asking price. Very Happy
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:40 am

No doubts here, for the money The GSX is just what I wanted

And I plan on hanging onto it for several years more.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:09 am

probably not.  

don't get me wrong - I'm very happy with my Bandit, but I should have looked at the 1000cc dual sports closer.

I upgraded to the Bandit from the DL650, & given the chance at present I'd be looking at the DL1000 or Versys 1000.  The Bandit just doesn't have the carrying capacity that I want for my camera gear - I keep breaking bolts in the top box mount as it's normally overloaded!

FarRider #412

If You Could Turn Back Time Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:47 am

Yep. Cheap, comfortable, reliable "transport", without too much electrickery!! Good 2 up with luggage too.

Will be hanging on to this for a LOOOOOONG time coz there's not much else out there that satisfies the above criteria!

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:54 am

The Bandit is an exceptional bike for the money.

I did close to 60,000Km on my 06 model and around 30,000Km on my current 09 model.

I would not hesitate to buy another.

Also I agree with Hammy, Paul sitting on the gun barrel would not be a good look. Laughing

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  BoomGT Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:21 am

A definite yes from me and when I get around to doing some of the mods that others have done I would think the bike will be even better. Can't beat a big bike for me.

BoomGT

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:10 am

Given I've owned my bandit for 11 years I can categorically say that if I could turn back time I'd still buy the Bandit.

However, my next bike probably won't be a Bandit. It's more likely to be an 'all roads tourer' of some sort.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Tue 03 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm

If You Could Turn Back Time <a href=If You Could Turn Back Time Images10" />
Do you reckon if Cher could in fact turn back time she would make that video again? I doubt it. Whilst your pondering that, I probably wouldn't buy another Bandit. Having said that I wouldn't sell the one I have either. I love it and it ticks most of the boxes its probably a case of been there done that, and variety is the spice of life. I would highly recommend them to anyone. As for bang for your buck, 10/10 nothing comes close.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Tue 03 Sep 2013, 4:10 pm

yes i would still buy the bandit. I cant sit on sports bikes for more then 15 minutes before i get pain in my back and wrists. The bandit is a pleasure to ride

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:58 pm

The Bandit has always been one of those bikes you keep for a long while because they really aren't the type of bike that is worth much money wise to sell so cut your losses or stick it in the shed till later
  ( unless you count trade in bargaining to a certain degree )

Being as they were cheap to start with , and they do what they were designed for quite well , I have no issues with my purchase .

Now if you will excuse me , I have an overwhelming desire to strip down to my jocks & go sit in my petrol tank......................." If I could turn back time / If I could find a way ................"

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:01 pm

paul wrote:

Now if you will excuse me , I have an overwhelming desire to strip down to my jocks & go sit in my petrol tank......................." If I could turn back time / If I could find a way ................"

Well , that didn't go as well as planned  Embarassed ..................but the nice policeman did take the hand cuffs off as long as I promised to put the bike back in the shed & never do it again  Evil or Very Mad  ........................ and the neighbours kids have finally stopped crying at least  geek

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:25 am

paul wrote:
paul wrote:

Well , that didn't go as well as planned  Embarassed ..................but the nice policeman did take the hand cuffs off as long as I promised to put the bike back in the shed & never do it again  Evil or Very Mad  ........................ and the neighbours kids have finally stopped crying at least  geek
The scary thing is,   it's probably true.   affraid     lol!    Must be the beer down there.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:17 am

I would still buy the Bandit, in fact this is the second one  I have had.

If i knew the trips I was able to go on and the destinations I have seen on my 2005 Bandit , I'd definately buy it. I had a smile on my face every time I got off it and really had no problems mechanically on such a comfortable bike. The price was right and the stepup from my RF600 was perfect. It had a great amount of power yet could be ridden so smoothly and effortlessly. My 2005 Bandit I would buy again.

My 2010 Bandit, I'm still getting to know it at the moment.
Don't get me wrong,it's fantastic. It is just a little better in all areas I find, apart from the seat padding and power of the front brakes compared to the 2005. They'll improve in time as I learn the machine, but so far I am more than happy with it.
Everytime my new Yoshi R77 burbbles and rumbles when I back off, I feel like Rossi or Stoner going into turn 1 at the Island. Imagination is a great thing!

Both my Bandits have provided me with so many great experiences.

You can look at a bike and the individual components that make it up compared to other bikes on the market, but what the sum of those parts provide in terms of the overall package and how that delivers the riding experience to the rider is what counts for a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post  GGiant Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:52 am

I have had my Bandit for a whole 10 months from new. My first 'big bike' and I am still getting to know it. 

Like most riders I am always looking around and pondering other bikes and who wouldn't like a shed full of all sorts. However if I am to have one bike only, for me, the Bandit is near perfect.

I have to say even if I had more $ to spend I don't think I could buy a bike like the Bandit. The specs for me (and the fantastic engine!!) are just spot-on. Non-bandit blokes I ride with also admire it and I seldom hear anything by high regard and admiration for the big 'B'.

Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase - definitely.

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:31 am

I'm quite happy with mine.  I'd buy it again, and will probably have it a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:15 pm

This is a hard one for me to answer. Since I dropped her, and hurt my back, I have lost a lot of confidence in my riding ability and my strength.
If I'm to ride her again, I have to lose weight and get into the gym first, so that could mean another 6 months.

So, upon pondering, I doubt I would let hubby talk me into buying the Bandit after just one short test ride.  It's a great ride out on the open roads, even when our roads are absolute crap. I cant say much about the power, as I have nothing else to compare it to, after owning the little cb400 for four years. Either way, hubby isnt letting Suzy go anywhere, she's staying in the garage for when, or if, I want to ride again, or he wants to.

As for that whole Cher thing... omg.. im going to have nightmares tonight.affraid

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[If You Could Turn Back Time Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

If You Could Turn Back Time Empty A big yes

Post  Corsa79 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:01 pm

I definatly would buy the bandit if I had my time again. I have been riding most of my life and love the smooth power curve and love the fact you can go into a corner at any reasonable rev and power out smoothly. I think I must of been lucky as I haven't found the surging problem a lot talk about find it pulls really well through the hole rev range. Only thing I would change is get the bike shop to put some pilot threes or another touring tyre on before leaving the shop as the oem sportmax out here is nearly bald in the centre already after just under 4 thousand km. Previouse bikes I have had and ridding are my first a Yamy XS250 85 looked good but had no power at all. Kwaka ZZR600R 98mod not a bad bike but was like a 2 stroke to ride as it didn't advance till 7 grand going into a corner you had to be eather way under 7 or over it. GPZ600R 86 first mid size ninja Kawasaki brought out liked that bike had a power curve like the bandit but just needed more power use to be able to outride a lot of people with flasher bikes in the twisties on it. Had a bit of a break of owning bikes to get a car for work and living on a station but road xr400 mustering didn't mind them but would of liked a 600 for a big bloke like myself. Have also ridden a CBR929 liked but to harsh for distances I do.
CB1300 would of thought about one if they still made them but found them douey in the low revs where the bandit just goes. and a z1000 2003mod I think it was same as the cb went well comfy enough weird looking twin muffler but not the go down low. Also got to take a KTM 250 2 stroke full motorcross bike for a lap that was very shocking for such a small bike was really surprised when I was on the back well all through to top gear good for a bit of fun another dirt bike I was very happy with was a KTM 540 I think it was just like the bandit didn't matter where you where in the rev rang just pulled was really good for bush riding. 
Well I hop I haven't bored you all By the way has anyone had a look at the new BMWS1000rr be nice to have a ride but definatly a licence killer Very Happy  Not saying the bandit isn't
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down