Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front indicator replacement

3 posters

Go down

Front indicator replacement Empty Front indicator replacement

Post  Chook Mon 26 Aug 2013, 9:51 pm

About a week and a 1/2 ago I did what I hadn't done in over 25 years and hit the concrete, I was travelling less than walking speed in the shed/car park at work and the front wheel went out, I could have stepped off but no, as you do I tried to keep the bike up and went down with it,there is surveillance footage of the whole thing, luckily my boss is a rider and has been through it himself before, so far only the 2 of us have seen it.

Luckily just a broken indicator, a small scratch on the RH mirror and a tiny paint chip on a RH engine cover, oh yeh, and a bruised (and still very sore) RH AC joint with a trip to hospital for X Rays from work and a even more bruised ego/pride Embarassed Embarassed 

I managed to pick up a 2nd hand indicator at a bargain price, pity that wiring loom didn't have a joiner a bit closer to the light, 1 x nut, then removal of windscreen, top cowl around the fairing and the gauges to get to the 2 pin connector, 1 1/2  hours later and it was all apart and then back together again, talk about making a easy job hard as you can!!
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Front indicator replacement Empty Re: Front indicator replacement

Post  Chook Mon 26 Aug 2013, 9:56 pm

Just noticed, the indicator in my profile pic is the replaced one, the lens survived as did the rubber base (probably what saved the fairing), the body was cactus
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Tue 27 Aug 2013, 6:57 pm

Bugger, those slow tumbles are most embarrassing!

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Snorse Wed 28 Aug 2013, 8:15 pm

Been there done that. Exact same damage as u except I also had minor scratch on the exhaust CAN (capitals is appropriate due to the size of the standard suzi exhaust)

I bought some replacement indicators off some othe Suzuki that were a match (seem to be a bit if a Suzuki standard parts bin item) but never bothered to fit the replacement. Unless it is really Noticeable or letting water into the electrics why bother!

Snorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down