Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iceland bike tour

5 posters

Go down

iceland bike tour Empty iceland bike tour

Post  phill north Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

Just did a bus tour of Iceland with my wife. Now bus tours aren't really my thing, but if you have a good guide it does make it bearable. Our guide was a beautiful blond Icelandic girl of 26 yrs named Borghildur. Her love of her country and respect for its stories and traditions made you realise how in touch these people are  with their Island.
  They have been dumped by America since the cold war ceased and they are still trying to claw themselves out of a major economic crisis from 2008, but these people deserve to succeed because they've got balls. They are good people who know who they are. Not a confused bunch of races that have lost their identity and are in the forever process of trying to develop a new one, as in Australia (or should I say in Sydney at least).  

This country is just has to be one of the most fantastic places on the planet for a bike tour. Think new Zealand on steroids but with more volcanoes and a population less than Tasmania. The main roads a good quality, the hotels are excellent, the people are really helpful and most speak English. Most of the women are beautiful. The food is a bit expensive but is of good quality and plentiful.
    Its not that hard to get to. We did Sydney to Hong Kong. Hong Kong to Helsinki. Helsinki to Oslo. Oslo to Iceland. Qantas has deals with Finnair.
    We just left this place for London and already I'm missing it and wish I were back there. As soon as I work out how to load pictures onto this site I'll try to send some through.
     Iceland should definitely be on ones bucket list.

Last edited by phill north on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
phill north
phill north

Back to top Go down

iceland bike tour Empty Re: iceland bike tour

Post  madmax Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:40 am

phill north wrote: Our guide was a beautiful blond Icelandic girl of 26 yrs named Borghildur.
Ok you got me convinced Wink

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 24 Aug 2013, 11:04 am

Sounds like a nice place , but do you need spikes on your bike tires ?   Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:25 pm

sounds great... a bit cold for riding???

re different races, personally I love the multicultural identity of Australia these days... I'm as white as you can get, and I love seeing non-whites around; especially all the different food we get here.... lots of Indian tonight from my local Indian grocer.... got some crocodile for tomorrow from game butcher..... Very Happy

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 25 Aug 2013, 11:31 am

well I like Bjork,(music only) so I`d go.

I`m sure I saw a doco a little while ago on Iceland, and interbreeding was/is go`n on there?

hey, if its producing hot chicks!!!!!!!!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down