Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road conditions

4 posters

Go down

Road conditions Empty Road conditions

Post  holdenman Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 am

Hi. im looking at doing a road trip from gympie to bowen and was hoping that some of you northerners would be able to help me with current road conditions and the road in general?

Holdenman

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Road conditions Empty Re: Road conditions

Post  mtbeerwah Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi mate,

I can give you up till Rocky, as I live in Gladstone.

From Childers to Rocky, there`s on and off road works, some minor, some major, as in stop signs and stop lights.

If your ridding, some of the dirt sections can/could be a bit hairy if a water truck has just done a load, as I came back to Glad from Briz last weekend, which I had to drive on this particular trip, and it was slippery in the car.
Not saying its going to be like that, but high chance it could be.

Don`t want to put you off if your ridding, but if you get the usual wanker sitting up your arse when your trying to tackle the slippery stuff, makes you want to become violent towards these type of people.

Two wheels better than 4, and good temp for it!!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Gday,
as MB said a lot of road works to Rocky , then there is less road works (and less roads heh heh) as you get past Rocky heading north.
Mostly all single lane highway but not a real drama on a bike. Just look for traffic coming the other way, as per usual they don't see bikes real well.
Be aware the roads in the northern half of the state would be called goat tracks if they were in the south east corner, thats probably another thread though.
Wild life is almost non existant if you are trvelling during the day.

Other than that, the weather right now is perfect for a ride north.

truck
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 am

Thanks for the replies fullas. im trying to add up the pros and cons in weather to ride up or catch the tilt train up. I want to do it in a day but all the road works could bugger up the schedule. gives me something to think about cheers

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  car_ham Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 am

Hi,
Just had one of our guys travel from Brisbane to Mackay, he said he lost about 2 hours due to the road works in a car. With the recent amount of works between Mackay and the Moranbah, I often take the bike instead of the work ute, as it is way quicker with all the work. If the traffic is stopped, naturally I ride to the front and hit the road works ahead of all other vehicles. This saves huge amounts of time plus gets you out of the firing line of rocks etc. 
Winter up here is perfect riding weather, clear days with mid twenty temps.

BikesGSX1250FA - 2012, black with Beowulf oval carbon fibre exhaust, Renthal Ultra Low Black Bars, Geelong Carbon Craft Carbon Fibre tank guard, Speedo Healer,TRE, Brake Light Pro, Butterflies removed, Ventura rack
DRZ400 - 2008 - Safari Tank, bash plate, Pro Taper bars,
car_ham
car_ham

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down