Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day from the Sunshine State

+10
Corsa79
2wheelsagain
SuzySuzuki
kewwig
paul
madmax
truck
Cal
Hammy
SolomonKane
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

G'day from the Sunshine State - Page 2 Empty G'day from the Sunshine State

Post  SolomonKane Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

G'day everyone.

Joined a few weeks back but this is the first chance I've had to introduce myself.

Based in Brisbane Queensland. Previous to that was living in South Korea where I was riding a Honda Magna 750; I so miss that bike...sigh. Also had a Hyosung Comet 250, cheaper for repairs; do not miss that bike as it made me think I was a better rider than I am and didn't have the brakes to back up the nippiness. Gave up on the search for a fair priced Magna here (owner imports only) and by various random events a few months ago ended up on a Bandit 08 ABS. We are still getting to know one another but given time I think she'll win me over.

Only mods I have made so far.

* Speedo Healer - brilliant!
* Madstad Screen - don't care if some think they're ugly, I'd rather be comfortable thanks...grin.
* Radiator Guard from the UK - perfect fit and good kit. 
* Pilot Road Power III tires - have requested the establishment of a special place reserved in hell for the OEM Dunlops.

Currently in the process of fitting an Alu frame from Motorad Garage for a 52 liter Givi Topbox. To be frank pain in the neck so far; little self-tapping screws that won't go the last bit of distance into the plate because the heads burr.

Will be doing more over time. Some of those things will be:

* Panniers
* Braided brake cable - swear by them as it made an unbelievable difference on the Manga; from death grip to one finger.
* Headlight modulator
* Handle bar risers - have them but need to extend cables before I can install them.
* Bracket for phone from UK - when I finally get around to upgrading from Galaxy 2 to 3.
* Replace exhaust - probably a Yoshi.

Have seen lists of some brilliant modifications on this site so the above is just my priority list.

Been riding on and off for about 20 years. All weather rider; in Korea took on the snow and ice every year. One Saturday we had a blizzard, took me over an hour to do a journey that normally takes 15 minutes; fell over 6 times! Took a taxi the following Saturday...grin. Not so great on the twisties - yes I still have my Chicken strips, only peg I ever scrapped was on the Magna - better with the slow riding skills. However, finally after years of wanting to do it - was overseas for over 20 years in various countries so never had opportunity previously - I am booked in for an advanced riding course end of this month with Stay Upright at Mt. Cotton. So looking forward to it; heard it is excellent.

Started in Japan as an ESL teacher on the JET program for 3 years, then went to Korea intending to stay for 1 year but was there for almost 10! Love Korea! Academic Director at a private language school, then started up and ran an import/export support company with a Korean partner for about 3 years working with the shopping networks such as LG, remaining time returned to one of my major passions which is education operating a one man training company. Now I am a Learning Development Facilitator - who the heck comes up with these titles? - for a religious non-profit and my current/new focus is developing e-Learning courses.

If you want to know more you will have to at least buy me a drink if not a meal.

Will do my best to post some reviews as soon as I can and looking forward to contributing to the forum wherever and whenever possible.

Stay upright!

Solomon Kane.
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

G'day from the Sunshine State - Page 2 Empty Re: G'day from the Sunshine State

Post  SolomonKane Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

Dingo1963 wrote:Welcome aboard Solomon. That was some intro.
 I live close to you in Regents Park.
 If you are after a givi topbox frame, the one of my dearly departed bandit (RIP) may still be at a wreckers in Waranda, I still see bits for sale on ebay.
 I sent you a pm for contact.
 Regards
 Dingo1963

Thanks Dingo, and thanks too for the call mate; good talking with you.

Look forward to catching up on Saturday.

Regards,

SK
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2