Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunshine heaven!!

4 posters

Go down

Sunshine heaven!! Empty Sunshine heaven!!

Post  1952 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

Like Bhoffo I have been hanging out for a ride. I was canned for parking my bike for the cold and wet weather that had predominated in Adelaide and told I would lose all my 'riding skills' by not riding in single digit temperatures and heavy rain.
Well - thanks to dhula's link to ebay I had an 'Oxygen O2 Sensor Eliminator' arrive from WA and wanted to immediately fit it and see if there was any difference to the cold start/low speed smoothness of my Bandit.
Happily it coincided with sunshine and 20 degree temperatures - (I had almost forgotten that the thermometer goes past 14 degrees Surprised ) - and so I fitted the plug [Thanks for the guidance] and took off for a little run up the road and around the nearest roundabout .. "Yes! Placebo effect or not .. notably smoother", so I went a bit further .. and a bit further and 'What the heck' I ended up in the hills and had an A1 ride!!
Miraculously I remembered how to change gears and put on the brake and use my mirrors and go around corners .. gee, wasn't I supposed to lose all these remarkable abilities only retained by the rugged few who ride every day?? (As Homer Simpson would say: "That's sarcasm if you don't recognise it!") Smile
But the main point of my ramble is that the Bandit started first go and ran beautifully. Yeah for Suzuki!! cheers
(I only had to put a couple of extra pounds air pressure into the back tyre - the front was .5lbs low and I wasn't going to worry about that.)
Showers predicted for tomorrow so I am so glad I could get out today.
Happy riding to all.

Back to top Go down

Sunshine heaven!! Empty Re: Sunshine heaven!!

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 28 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

You're still a sook Laughing Sunshine heaven!! Stirthepot

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

"Bandit started first go" .Didnt it do that beforehand ?
Mine starts first gO EVERY time ,I thought they all did .
No????
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:38 pm

2Wheelsagain - I AM a sook .. a nice warm, dry sook!! Wink

Gus - starts first time every time ... unlike the two-stroke bikes from my past, which required you to do warming-up exercises every cold morning consisting of 22 prods of the kickstarter Rolling Eyes Oiled up plugs can be a bugger.
Maybe if I had heated grips and thermals and a higher screen and winter gloves, I would get out like you .. next winter perhaps. Actually my lovely pillion and I are off to do an Alaskan Cruise real soon - maybe I can justify the thermals after all Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

Don't move to Canberra 1952 - minus 6 this morning. But a beautiful 15 in the arvo (whilst I was in the office of course!). What a Face
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum