Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time of the Year?

+4
Ewok1958
sb1250
2wheelsagain
Truck bandit
8 posters

Go down

Time of the Year? Empty Time of the Year?

Post  Truck bandit Tue 11 Jun 2013, 9:41 am

I went for a good ride over the long weekend, (just cruising in the well patrolled areas though!), and it got me thinking.

What is the best time of year for a ride?

Here its the start of winter and the Southern Highlands in NSW is still spectacular with changing Autumn leaves, the smell of log fires on the breeze and some pretty good roads through the countryside laden with dairy cows. It really did feel like riding through a postcard moment.

Summer is nice early on in the day as when those hot winds come through, its pretty uncomfortable. Spring is good with the new leaves and blossoms although it can still have a bit of icy bite of a morning and winter can be dreary all day with roads remaining damp under the trees and in the shadows of the escarpment. So i'd have to say that Autumn is my favourite part of the year for riding.

Autumn is my favourite but I still get out on those average days where its grey, windy, cold. You have to go through the bad conditions to appreciate the great conditions even more.

Back to top Go down

Time of the Year? Empty Re: Time of the Year?

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 11 Jun 2013, 2:34 pm

Truck bandit wrote:I went for a good ride over the long weekend, (just cruising in the well patrolled areas though!), and it got me thinking.

What is the best time of year for a ride?

Here its the start of winter and the Southern Highlands in NSW is still spectacular with changing Autumn leaves, the smell of log fires on the breeze and some pretty good roads through the countryside laden with dairy cows. It really did feel like riding through a postcard moment.

Summer is nice early on in the day as when those hot winds come through, its pretty uncomfortable. Spring is good with the new leaves and blossoms although it can still have a bit of icy bite of a morning and winter can be dreary all day with roads remaining damp under the trees and in the shadows of the escarpment. So i'd have to say that Autumn is my favourite part of the year for riding.

Autumn is my favourite but I still get out on those average days where its grey, windy, cold. You have to go through the bad conditions to appreciate the great conditions even more.

Any day ending in Y is the best time Laughing
I do like mid to high 20's temp wise though.
I have ridden in 44deg heat and almost fell off when stopped at the destination. That was worse than -4 for 4hrs in fog.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 5:00 pm

Yep, any day of the week...... any time of the year for me!!!

The real question is.........is my leave pass valid!

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

I'll say Autumn. Better than Spring because Spring here is too windy. Better than Summer 'cause it can get hot. Better than Winter because it's minus something just about every night it's not raining. But yes, there can be nice days in any season but I'll still go with Autumn overall. I do love to ride early in the morning before the wind comes up. A still warm morning is magic and I sometimes feel riding right past work and just keep going. Very Happy (Like Baz).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  GGiant Wed 12 Jun 2013, 7:48 pm

<p>My favourite combo of sunny and cool is hard to beat for riding, and that =&nbsp;Autumn. </p><p>Autumn's&nbsp;an even&nbsp;sweeter ride with recent memories of stinky&nbsp;hot&nbsp;summer rides just past, you know,&nbsp;held up at the road works&nbsp;getting cooked all over etc. (Yay! for my airmesh gear).</p><p>I had&nbsp;pretty much a "just Bandit and me" ride 2 weeks ago up the highway about 3pm - just magic, yep sunny and cool, though the tree lined highway, no one around. The Bandit loving the cool air too.</p><p>I'd better stop or I'll be writing a poem!!</p>

Back to top Go down

Time of the Year? Empty Right Now?

Post  truck Thu 13 Jun 2013, 6:21 am

Any time from January 1st through December 31st.  
Here in Nth Qld right now is the best time for a ride. I love having to wear the leathers out of pure necessity to stay warm rather than just the safety factor so any time in the last few weeks for about the next 2-3 months is my ideal time for a ride.

truck
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 13 Jun 2013, 7:42 am

When the first dew drops form on the rose buds, and the swallows dart about capturing the newly hatched insects over the still pond. The lambs frolic about in the clover long before they ever hear stories of their ancestors being mysteriously cartered away in the night and never seen again. When a buxom young fair haired lady strolls through the long grass, blouse unbuttoned, and with a naughty smile that speaks to me of only one thing. Ahhhhh. The smell of her hair. The softness of her skin. The way she giggles when I tease her. These are the times that I love to.....................   hang on.  What was the topic about again ?  Sorry. Daydreaming. As you were.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:10 am

I prefer early to mid autumn or early to mid spring.  It's not to hot or cold and there's no snow and bugger all ice on the mountain roads.

But in truth, the only time I really don't like riding is when the temp is 35+c.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down