Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new year fun run!

4 posters

Go down

A new year fun run! Empty A new year fun run!

Post  Bhoffo Sun 01 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

Just back home after a 5 day ride up the coast from Katoomba to North Haven,(nr Port Macquarie) across the Oxley Hwy from Wauchope to Walcha, to Tamworth, Nundle, Wallabadelah, Quirindi, Werris Crk, Gunnedah, Coonabarabran, Gulgong, Mudgee and home again.. tracked it all on 'Every Trail'... some photos are attached: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1402798..

Very lucky with the weather - no rain and warm but not scorching hot.. Bike behaved beautifully - just goes and does its job without any complaints.. Love it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

A new year fun run! Empty Re: A new year fun run!

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

Nice trip Bruce.
As usual EvertTrail doesn't record speed accurately. Well not unless you've fitted a Turbo without telling us Laughing
How many K's per day were you doing?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 02 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

Yeah - the 'Every Trail' app does seem to exaggerate the speed... generally on the open road where it was a 110 limit I'd be sitting on somewhere between 110 & 120 (except for a few overtaking bursts! Cool ) - most speeds according to my speedo anyway around 5 - 10 kph more than the posted limit - just to be careful of hidden cameras etc! Pretty happy with how the 'app' works though - regardless of the incorrect speed readings.. like the way the photos taken are logged straight onto the map at the point taken. I forgot to turn it off though one night rabbit - hence the average speed went down to about 30kmh... doesn't matter though..

As for the number of k's per day... with the GF on board we both find that our 'toochies' get a bit more sore in a lesser amount of time.. Crying or Very sad when I'm riding 'one up' I can go at least 400 km without any real ill effects but with her on the back and being unable to move around as much we don't do much more than about 150 - 200km at a stretch... Twisted Evil

So - distances...(According to Google Maps) From Katoomba - Swansea (206km)
Swansea to Port Macquarie (264km + about another 70 as we went out to see a mate)
Port Macquarie to Tamworth via Wauchope/Walcha (336km - what a great road that Oxley Hwy is for a bike!!)
Tamworth - Nundle - Wallabadah - Quirindi - Werris Crk - Gunnedah to Coonabarabran (311km)
& Coonabarabran - Gulgong - Mudge & return to Katoomba + about 50ks where I took a wrong turn for a while! (425km)
A grand total of 1612kms in 5 days.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 02 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

Agree its a good app. I should use it more.
A couple hundred k a day is plenty when there is stuff to see along the way Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:32 pm

Hey Bhoffo I`m surprised at least one of you didn`t offer to kiss toochies better ( or at least a good massage ) so you could go a bit further between stops Razz . ( and if you did pictures please Twisted Evil )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 02 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

Those 'toochie' photos are in a sealed black box!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:54 pm

Great ride report Bhoffo, and love the pics. That looks like a large tank bag you have. Do you find it ok?, and does'nt get in the way ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

Hammy wrote: That looks like a large tank bag you have. Do you find it ok?, and does'nt get in the way ?

No - doesn't bother me... it's an expandable type and had one more expansion level left (it gets higher) - No problem reading the instruments (I'm 6ft 3" so maybe someone vertically challenged may have an issue Razz ) but did some quite sharp U-turns with my girl on the back in shopping centre carparks etc and it was fine - no binding anywhere and easy to steer.. On the up-side I could lean forward and rest a little on it as well.. Arrow

It's the magnetic type with a strap that loosely clips around the steering column - just make sure when I'm putting it on that it's not dragging on anything... cyclops

Also on this trip - for the first time - I put some of that rubbery 'non-slip' mat on the bottom of the bag where it was going to be touching the tank.. (in the past I've put some wide silver insulation tape on the tank to protect it) - anyhow & thankfully, there's not a hint of any paint damage. We didn't get wet at all, so no grit was washed up onto us - perhaps it would have been a different story if that had happened.. pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down