Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

+6
2wheelsagain
Dekenai
gus
Thof
Hammy
sb1250
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS - Page 2 Empty RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

Post  sb1250 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Well, I had been thinking of an alternative to my Dianese leathers. Something with a bit more ventilation, and wet weather durability. Im of the “old” school of bike gear, so I have been wearing full leathers since my L’s. My wet weather protection was the one piece Dri-Rider Hurricane suit that was worn over the leathers. It was ok some of the time. If I was a bit slack with any of the Velcro, Id end up with leaks Mad. Just getting my head around textile V leather protection took some time and investigation. So…..with $600 in hand, this is what my “lovely other half” insisted I purchase

http://www.rst-moto.com/rst-adventure-textile-jacket

http://www.rst-moto.com/rst-adventure-textile-jean

These things fit great! Very comfy to wear. Im usually a “large” or …..”X-large”Shocked, but with the RST’s Im a “med”Cool. Body armour in all the right spots, removable sleeves, removable bum bag with strap, camel back pocket, lots of vents, the jacket and pants zip together, and 2 liners in each (a zip out thermal liner, and a separate zip out rain liner). I haven’t had the chance to try out the thermals yet, and the rain liner got used a few times within the last week (just light rain – so not really a test yet). My first comparison from the RST’s to the leathers was “suiting up”. I get hotter in the textile stuff. Once you get moving, it’s a different story. With all the liners out, the RST’s are more “airey” than the leathers. There’s zipped vents everywhere. The 2 main vents in the jacket are huge, but difficult to fully open or close as you’re riding. A big change from my leathers, my only vent was the jackets main zip!

When I wore my leathers, my gloves and boots went over the top. With the RST’s, they go underneath. It’s a bit fiddly getting the pants with the rain liner over my boots, but that’s probably down to the style of boot (sliders and embossed bits sticking out of the upper part of the boot).

Well, these are my initial thoughts and experiences having just a week to get used to them. I’ll post some updates further down the track once Ive experienced the full wet and cold capabilities the RST is supposed to live up to.

Just a side note……my current set of leathers have done me over 10 years and are still serving me reasonably well, so will still get used on occasion just to keep em supplecheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS - Page 2 Empty Re: RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 16 Sep 2013, 8:08 pm

sb1250 wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:Hey sb, I see (with great sadness) that you haven't got your name down for the great get together
I had pencilled it in, but work commitments and the eldests 18th........it just wasn't to be!
Sorry Lads.....Mad
That's a bugger, but family comes 1st. cheers 
On the Saturday evening we have a family birthday in Orange, hence my one night only stay in Cowra.
& as Paul said, top outcome

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2