Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

+6
2wheelsagain
Dekenai
gus
Thof
Hammy
sb1250
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS Empty RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

Post  sb1250 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:19 am

Well, I had been thinking of an alternative to my Dianese leathers. Something with a bit more ventilation, and wet weather durability. Im of the “old” school of bike gear, so I have been wearing full leathers since my L’s. My wet weather protection was the one piece Dri-Rider Hurricane suit that was worn over the leathers. It was ok some of the time. If I was a bit slack with any of the Velcro, Id end up with leaks Mad. Just getting my head around textile V leather protection took some time and investigation. So…..with $600 in hand, this is what my “lovely other half” insisted I purchase

http://www.rst-moto.com/rst-adventure-textile-jacket

http://www.rst-moto.com/rst-adventure-textile-jean

These things fit great! Very comfy to wear. Im usually a “large” or …..”X-large”Shocked, but with the RST’s Im a “med”Cool. Body armour in all the right spots, removable sleeves, removable bum bag with strap, camel back pocket, lots of vents, the jacket and pants zip together, and 2 liners in each (a zip out thermal liner, and a separate zip out rain liner). I haven’t had the chance to try out the thermals yet, and the rain liner got used a few times within the last week (just light rain – so not really a test yet). My first comparison from the RST’s to the leathers was “suiting up”. I get hotter in the textile stuff. Once you get moving, it’s a different story. With all the liners out, the RST’s are more “airey” than the leathers. There’s zipped vents everywhere. The 2 main vents in the jacket are huge, but difficult to fully open or close as you’re riding. A big change from my leathers, my only vent was the jackets main zip!

When I wore my leathers, my gloves and boots went over the top. With the RST’s, they go underneath. It’s a bit fiddly getting the pants with the rain liner over my boots, but that’s probably down to the style of boot (sliders and embossed bits sticking out of the upper part of the boot).

Well, these are my initial thoughts and experiences having just a week to get used to them. I’ll post some updates further down the track once Ive experienced the full wet and cold capabilities the RST is supposed to live up to.

Just a side note……my current set of leathers have done me over 10 years and are still serving me reasonably well, so will still get used on occasion just to keep em supplecheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS Empty Re: RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

Post  Hammy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:45 am

Look good. A couple of Q's. Did you buy locally or online ? And what was the cost ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS Empty Re: RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS

Post  sb1250 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:54 am

My local dealer dropped $50 of the tag price - cost me $600. So far Im impressed with the amount of "features" the RST combo has to offer, especially for that price.

I looked at purchasing from the UK, but the small amount saved wasnt worth the hassle if I had to return the product for some reason.

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:40 pm

I'm sure SB you will be very happy, my bro recently bought a scoot (yes, a new bandit), and got the RST gear which helps the fat prick look like he's lost 10kg, he says it's very comfy too! I'm quite happy with kevlar dacks and the Dririder most of the year.
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:54 am

I have an RST leather jacket and it the best one ive ever had for qld .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:26 am

Well, just thought I’d update this review with my thoughts and experience with the RST Adventure jacket and pants.

As a summer outfit, its pretty bloody good – as long as your moving. Lots of vents everywhere, but much hotter than leathers once you stop.

As a winter outfit, with all the liners zipped and clipped in, its great.

…………BUT….as a wet weather outfit…….ummm, well……. Errrrrr …………..ABSOLUTE SH1T Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad!

Don’t get me wrong, if you like to stay completely dry in areas other than your neck, and north/south of the plums Embarassed, then this outfit is fantastic!

Now, the first time it happened, I put it down to not knowing the “zipping/Velcro-ing” procedure. The second time I thought was probably due to the fact I had the jacket and pants zipped together, just like I’d done for years with my leather jacket and pants, and this affected the way the wet weather liners did their job. Now the third time I reckon I’d had all these zips and velco bits nicely done up, with extra time spent making bloody sure! Nup! With no less than 6 minutes into my trip that instant feeling of …..“eeeeeww, its trickling …….oh noooo, not again…” Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

NOT HAPPY JAN! (Note to Hammy:-No relation to your Jan!Smile)

I will be contacting the blokes at RST to let them know my “findings”.

So…..any suggestions for wet weather gear that holds the water OUT, not IN?

cheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:19 am

Interesting .There is a write up on this combo in the latest m|Trader .They gave it Top marks .I WAS interested but not so sure now .
I spoke to a guy in a REVIT Combo yesterday , he loved it . (the combo ,NOT me talking to him Razz)
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:43 am

have the Dririder equivalent...a Nordic Pro suit, one thing I can attest is that it is 100% waterproof
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:50 am

My RST Cargo pants fit great.
They havent been tested in the wet but I have Rjays rain pants (over pants) anyway Smile
As for jackets if I know I'm going to get wet I go for the Dryrider Nordic every time.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:17 pm

I'll gear up and sit on the bike, and with the help of my better half, see if the wet weathers are sitting where they should.
Almost tempted to go back to leathers and a 1 piece throwover wet weathers!

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:43 pm

sb1250 wrote:I'll gear up and sit on the bike, and with the help of my better half, see if the wet weathers are sitting where they should.
Almost tempted to go back to leathers and a 1 piece throwover wet weathers!

You dont need anything fancy.
You need one of these Laughing
RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS 13

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:07 pm

Ha, now that's pharkin funny! lol!

Hey Dekanai n 2w, how long have you had the driRider jacket?

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 11 Jun 2013, 11:59 am

sb1250 wrote:Ha, now that's pharkin funny! lol!

Had mine about 3 years, doesn't get much use unless it looks like rain, in which case it is the default choice.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 11 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

Dekenai wrote:
sb1250 wrote:Ha, now that's pharkin funny! lol!

Had mine about 3 years, doesn't get much use unless it looks like rain, in which case it is the default choice.

Mine must be pushing 7yrs and still looks like new. Probably done 20,000km in that time on 4 bikes.
Its my default if the weather is iffy. I left the liner in this one.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

I've tried another technique with the wet weather liner in the pants, and seems to work so far. Basically a "front wedgie"! Pulling the liner up past where it was designed to be.
Just seems the wet weather liners are a tad too short, in the jacket and pants.

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

RST ADVENTURE TEXTILE JACKET AND PANTS Empty Progress report - RST

Post  sb1250 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 6:53 am

Well......been to the dealers where I purchased the RST combo and advised them of my findings, and what I thought of the product! They took the jacket and pants and sent them to the RST distributor (Monza Imports) for testing. 2 weeks later I got the gear back, nothing was found to be faulty. Both the dealer and the distributor asked the same question......what bike do you ride? The dealer reckons...."Oh, you might find that the turbulance created around your mid section sometimes causes the water to push up under the waterproof liner!"....."its pretty rare, but can happen!".
The distributor suggested a different way to tuck the waterproof liners together, but that didnt work either. I even tried a plastic shopping bag stuffed down my front to try and seal up any "turbulance".......but no, same result.
So, Im going back to the dealers tonight to see what my options are. Ive purchased a product that clearly doesnt do what its advertised to do.

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 16 Sep 2013, 5:56 pm

sb1250 wrote:Well......been to the dealers where I purchased the RST combo and advised them of my findings, and what I thought of the product! They took the jacket and pants and sent them to the RST distributor (Monza Imports) for testing. 2 weeks later I got the gear back, nothing was found to be faulty. Both the dealer and the distributor asked the same question......what bike do you ride? The dealer reckons...."Oh, you might find that the turbulance created around your mid section sometimes causes the water to push up under the waterproof liner!"....."its pretty rare, but can happen!".
The distributor suggested a different way to tuck the waterproof liners together, but that didnt work either. I even tried a plastic shopping bag stuffed down my front to try and seal up any "turbulance".......but no, same result.
So, Im going back to the dealers tonight to see what my options are. Ive purchased a product that clearly doesnt do what its advertised to do.

Sounds like a crock of shit to me ...................keep at them

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Mon 16 Sep 2013, 6:18 pm

paul wrote:
sb1250 wrote:Well......been to the dealers where I purchased the RST combo and advised them of my findings, and what I thought of the product! They took the jacket and pants and sent them to the RST distributor (Monza Imports) for testing. 2 weeks later I got the gear back, nothing was found to be faulty. Both the dealer and the distributor asked the same question......what bike do you ride? The dealer reckons...."Oh, you might find that the turbulance created around your mid section sometimes causes the water to push up under the waterproof liner!"....."its pretty rare, but can happen!".

Sounds like a crock of shit to me ...................keep at them
yes, I agree.

If they don't come to the party, I suggest you go talk to your consumer rights mob wherever you are. You may get some help from them.

Bottom line is if the product doesn't do what they sell it as doing, you are entitled to a refund!

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:05 pm

Got a call today, so it looks like I'm getting a full refund! Well, shop credit for the full amount was offered.....I'm happy with that!
Now some homework on the driRider range! Looks like the Nordic pro has been superseded (as suggested by Deek and 2W), so any other recommendations?cheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

Hey sb, I see (with great sadness) that you haven't got your name down for the great get together

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

sb1250 wrote:Got a call today, so it looks like I'm getting a full refund! Well, shop credit for the full amount was offered.....I'm happy with that!
Now some homework on the driRider range! Looks like the Nordic pro has been superseded (as suggested by Deek and 2W), so any other recommendations?cheers

Great outcome cheers

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:16 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:Hey sb, I see (with great sadness) that you haven't got your name down for the great get together
I had pencilled it in, but work commitments and the eldests 18th........it just wasn't to be!
Sorry Lads.....Mad

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:18 pm

paul wrote:
sb1250 wrote:Got a call today, so it looks like I'm getting a full refund! Well, shop credit for the full amount was offered.....I'm happy with that!

Great outcome cheers
I remained calm, kept a civil tongue, and pretty happy with the result!

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
Ventura Rack
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:21 pm

sb1250 wrote:
paul wrote:

Great outcome cheers
I remained calm, kept a civil tongue, and pretty happy with the result!

It doesn't always pay to loose your cool Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:29 pm

I use a dri rider vortex jacket and pants nice in winter and summer, i have found my zips can be tempermental on rare occasions but i have to say that i have ridden on some cold days and been warm as toast.

On summer days out with the wet and winter liners zip down the vent panels open the rear zips and you stay very cool

I have not had a lot of wet weather riding with it but as long as you zip up the wet liner and pat down the velcro you will stay dry
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next