Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning Stickers

+7
Kaupy1962
Sloth_27
madmax
Baz
gus
Re-Cycled
Truck bandit
11 posters

Go down

Warning Stickers Empty Warning Stickers

Post  Truck bandit Mon 06 May 2013, 10:57 am

What's the go with warning stickers on new bikes????

How to look after the windscreen, what fuel to put in, exhaust noise limits, tyre pressures , blah blah blah.

I dont mind this stuff in the manual but when they place these stickers in the most hideous positions all over the bike, i get annoyed.

To try and removal them is sooooo time consuming and the risk of damaging the paint is easily done.

Can't they put these things inside the fairings somewhere or just leave them in the manual for us to find!!!!

It's just another step that society is taking towards a nanny state where we can't identify risks and hazards right in front of us.

Being in the position to purchases a 1250cc machine, it is easy to assume that i know the exhaust will get hot after use...........

Back to top Go down

Warning Stickers Empty Re: Warning Stickers

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 06 May 2013, 12:51 pm

Truck bandit wrote:What's the go with warning stickers on new bikes????

How to look after the windscreen, what fuel to put in, exhaust noise limits, tyre pressures , blah blah blah.

I dont mind this stuff in the manual but when they place these stickers in the most hideous positions all over the bike, i get annoyed.

To try and removal them is sooooo time consuming and the risk of damaging the paint is easily done.

Can't they put these things inside the fairings somewhere or just leave them in the manual for us to find!!!!

It's just another step that society is taking towards a nanny state where we can't identify risks and hazards right in front of us.

Being in the position to purchases a 1250cc machine, it is easy to assume that i know the exhaust will get hot after use...........

Yes! I'd like to see them try that crap on cars!! Mad

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 06 May 2013, 1:21 pm

My 1000 cc Aprilia as a manual that tells you how to get on the bike ,how to change gear ect .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Mon 06 May 2013, 1:32 pm

On the LAMS bikes i can understand, but to be game enough to swing a leg over an Aprilia Sports bike and not know how to change gear etc is a farce.

That's right , I'd like to see on the front bonnet of a Ferrari a big warning sticker about using windscreen wipers when it is raining and make the sticker utterly impossible to remove.

.......... Well apart from that little quibble i've got, the Bandit is going great guns and ate up the country roads around Menangle, Camben, The Oaks and Picton on Saturday - gotta love a big bike out on a country

road in good weather.

I wonder what warning stickers will be on my new slip on exhaust, cause im think of cracking some bacon and eggs on there when it gets hot!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 06 May 2013, 2:24 pm

BMW get away with warning stickers placed under the seat. The stickers are not the same as the suzuki ones, bmw Aus designed their own and stuck them out of sight.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 06 May 2013, 3:50 pm

The stickers aren't that hard to remove.
First, heat up with hair dryer. ( I wouldn't recommend a heat gun as it is too easy to burn the paint)
Second, while sticker is warm carefully peel off.
Thirdly, clean residue off with eucalyptus oil then polish paintwork with good quality auto polish.

PS Loads of cars have warning stickers about fuel type, Air bags, tyres etc. On a car it is easier to hide them, eg inside fuel door, on the A or B pillar for the tyre placard.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Mon 06 May 2013, 6:10 pm

As far as I know, there isn't actually a rule forcing the manufacturers to put them there. I think it is Japanese concern that folks around the world will put diesel in their bikes and forget to put their feet down when they stop.

Not all bikes have them, eg. Harley, KTM, etc.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 06 May 2013, 11:10 pm

Sloth_27 wrote:As far as I know, there isn't actually a rule forcing the manufacturers to put them there. I think it is Japanese concern that folks around the world will put diesel in their bikes and forget to put their feet down when they stop.

Not all bikes have them, eg. Harley, KTM, etc.

Don't laugh. I had one bike brought to me to fix because it was running bad and it was full of diesel.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 07 May 2013, 9:29 am

Kaupy1962 wrote:
Don't laugh. I had one bike brought to me to fix because it was running bad and it was full of diesel.

I'm laughing.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 07 May 2013, 10:00 am

Reminds me of when I worked in a service station 26 years ago. A guy pulled up at the diesel pump and told the young kid (after school worker) to fill it up.
So how was the kid to know it wasn't a diesel! 20 odd litres later the guy jumps out of his car and tries to grab the nozzle out of the kids hand, pulls it out of the car and there is diesel spraying all over the forecourt.

I couldn't contain myself Laughing Laughing

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Tue 07 May 2013, 8:44 pm

Theres no doubt its got something to do with manufacturers potentially getting sued by scumbags with greedy scumbag lawyers because they weren't " warned " not to stand on the seat and text whilst driving down the M5 at peak hour. The sad part is these dickheads have been winning court cases so everyone suffers. ( Thankyou America ). Remember the woman who spilled hot coffee from a McDonalds drive through on her lap, burnt herself, and successfully sued them for $3million because she wasn't warned that it was hot. Remember Kiddies don't put cotton buds in your ears. Should I be on the rant thread. Shocked Ps If your taking Madmaxs' advice and using the hair dryer, be careful, the element gets quite warm and don't park your bike in a full bath whilst removing stickers.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 07 May 2013, 9:17 pm

Yes, I didn't want my wife sueing me so I actually added these warning stickers to mine:

Warning Stickers Xxx61110

Better safe than sorry!! cheerscheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 07 May 2013, 9:20 pm

lol! lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 08 May 2013, 8:28 am

lol! lol! lol! classic Ewok!!!
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Wed 08 May 2013, 9:49 am

Now that warning sticker can stay, because that definately can be a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blueknight Wed 08 May 2013, 3:31 pm

I read a genuine article published in a respected medical journal several years ago showing a study that males lose their sexual inclination and ability to perform if they rode motorcycles continuously for long periods because of the vibrations, as opposed to women, the study showed that women who rode motorcycles continuously for long periods became more sexually active because of the vibrations. Might be the same as women who get turned on riding horses.Very Happy
Regards
Paul

Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down