Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victorian Tollways

+5
madmax
ThatOtherGuy
Kaupy1962
2wheelsagain
Baz
9 posters

Go down

Victorian Tollways Empty Victorian Tollways

Post  Baz Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:40 pm

the NSW motorcycle council on their website says there is no charge for motorcycles on Victorian tollroads ... is this correct ?

I'm just about to head off to Renmark SA on farride #20 and can see myself taking a few tollroads on my way home and can't really use my e-tag on the bike, if its free I wouldn't want to us it anyway.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Victorian Tollways Empty Re: Victorian Tollways

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:57 pm

Baz wrote:the NSW motorcycle council on their website says there is no charge for motorcycles on Victorian tollroads ... is this correct ?

I'm just about to head off to Renmark SA on farride #20 and can see myself taking a few tollroads on my way home and can't really use my e-tag on the bike, if its free I wouldn't want to us it anyway.

City Link is not tolled for bikes but I imagine an interstate etag on a bike would be tolled.
East Link is tolled and you have 48hrs as a casual user to call with your details. You have an etag so all will be sweet if you are heading to/from Ringwood.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

Ah just tilt your number plate downward a bit.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:53 am

In Qld with eToll or whatever they've changed their name to most recently, you just register the moto's plate. They then apply the normal toll when they do the plate look up. I would presume then on the Vic toll roads the moto untolled sections would still be free and the moto tolled sections payable. Is this how it works? Curious as I am planning a trip to Vic in the future on the bike.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 26 Sep 2012, 5:48 am

ThatOtherGuy wrote:In Qld with eToll or whatever they've changed their name to most recently, you just register the moto's plate. They then apply the normal toll when they do the plate look up. I would presume then on the Vic toll roads the moto untolled sections would still be free and the moto tolled sections payable. Is this how it works? Curious as I am planning a trip to Vic in the future on the bike.

As 2WA said east link is tolled for motorcycles, citylink isn't. On east link no tag is required, the rego plate is normally registered with eastlink and the the toll is half the normal car rate.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 26 Sep 2012, 6:42 am

madmax wrote:
ThatOtherGuy wrote:In Qld with eToll or whatever they've changed their name to most recently, you just register the moto's plate. They then apply the normal toll when they do the plate look up. I would presume then on the Vic toll roads the moto untolled sections would still be free and the moto tolled sections payable. Is this how it works? Curious as I am planning a trip to Vic in the future on the bike.

As 2WA said east link is tolled for motorcycles, citylink isn't. On east link no tag is required, the rego plate is normally registered with eastlink and the the toll is half the normal car rate.
cool, so the same system we have, good to know, cheers.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:46 am

thanks guys, my plate is registered with Roam in NSW but these cheap bastards in NSW will charge a fee to look up the plate against their database if the e-tag doesn't beep when you go through the detectors or if you don't have the e-tag on you.
And shame on MCCofNSW for having out of date and false information on their website ... useless so & so's

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:58 pm

We were going to travel with the car (has e-Tag) and bike (registered on the same e-Tag) together on the same trip. NSW tolls don't allow the passing of two vehicles with the same e-Tag info on the same date and time - you have to buy another eMU pass for the second vehicle or get hit with an un-tagged vehicle fine.

Victorian Tollways Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Wed 26 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

Renmark near Mildura? Would you really be travelling all the way down to Melbourne then another 7-8 hours north again?

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Victorian Tollways Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:37 pm

SuzySuzuki wrote:Renmark near Mildura? Would you really be travelling all the way down to Melbourne then another 7-8 hours north again?
after Renmark I have no firm plans, could visit Adelaide Hills and/or possibly Broken Hill depends on weather and temperature, Great Ocean Road was done last time so I thought about riding some of that area around Healesville.
I'll decide at Renmark.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

so has anyone here got a tag for their bike?

i got one for my car years ago,and i also registed my bike on the system(Q.L.D),and they gave me a tag for the bike, but said i only had to use it interstate ,if i didn`t,there would be bigger fees, as i`ll be doing the a double interstate thing in a couple of weeks, still thinking where to put it,i think top of tank bag in the map holder
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm

Baz wrote:
SuzySuzuki wrote:Renmark near Mildura? Would you really be travelling all the way down to Melbourne then another 7-8 hours north again?
after Renmark I have no firm plans, could visit Adelaide Hills and/or possibly Broken Hill depends on weather and temperature, Great Ocean Road was done last time so I thought about riding some of that area around Healesville.
I'll decide at Renmark.

Give us a yell if you come to Adelaide Baz Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:33 am

mtbeerwah wrote:so has anyone here got a tag for their bike?

i got one for my car years ago,and i also registed my bike on the system(Q.L.D),and they gave me a tag for the bike, but said i only had to use it interstate ,if i didn`t,there would be bigger fees, as i`ll be doing the a double interstate thing in a couple of weeks, still thinking where to put it,i think top of tank bag in the map holder
previous owner of my Bandit (Dingo1963 I assume) had an eTag fitted to the front steerer tube. Took me a while to figure out what the plastic thing was. Sort of unobtrusive and out of the way so not likely to get stolen, but also accessible so you could put it on/off fairly easily if needed.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 29 Sep 2012, 5:24 pm

Baz wrote:
I'll decide at Renmark.
I never made it past Hay. The wind gusts across the road were just too much for me. turned around and went through Griffith, Temora, Young (o'nite), Bathurst, Oberon, Katoomba, Home. Had crappy weather everywhere west of the Great Divide.
Didn't need the e-tag

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 29 Sep 2012, 5:48 pm

Baz wrote:
Baz wrote:
I'll decide at Renmark.
I never made it past Hay. The wind gusts across the road were just too much for me. turned around and went through Griffith, Temora, Young (o'nite), Bathurst, Oberon, Katoomba, Home. Had crappy weather everywhere west of the Great Divide.
Didn't need the e-tag

Maybe next time then Very Happy ( strong cross winds are my least favorite riding situation )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down