Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police trap on Old Road ( NSW )

+5
mtbeerwah
dhula
ThatOtherGuy
2wheelsagain
Bucky
9 posters

Go down

Police trap on Old Road ( NSW ) Empty Police trap on Old Road ( NSW )

Post  Bucky Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

I was listening to this weeks podcast of the 2RRR "Ride Rage Radio" show & thought I should put the word out.
They were talking about a friend of theirs who was riding north on the Old Road ( Old Pacific Hwy ) with 2 other riders. A 4WD pulled out infront of them between the Pie in the Sky & Hawkesbury River Bridge. It started driving erratically, slowing down / speeding up, until the riders had had enough & overtook on double unbroken lines. Those who ride this road would know its virtually all double lines with no where to legally overtake. The 4WD ( unmarked with video) radioed ahead to waiting stationary Police who pulled all 3 riders over the other side of the Hawkesbury Bridge & they were all booked.

I've heard of the same thing happening with an unmarked SS Ute as well on both the Old Road & The Putty.

Be careful out there !

Cheers,

Bucky

Back to top Go down

Police trap on Old Road ( NSW ) Empty Re: Police trap on Old Road ( NSW )

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

And therein lies the value of a helmet cam of some sort.

Still, the legal and correct thing to do would have been to back off a bit then report the erratic driving wouldn’t it?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucky Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

Helmet cam footage of the "erratic" driving would have been great. Imagine it would cause a stir in the media & have that particular method of Policing withdrawn.

You're right though 2WA. From now on if put in that position l'll just be pulling over & waiting for a while & spoiling their fun !

Having said that, if you're half way through a "spirited" ride with your mates it's tempting just to quickly go out & around a car holding you up.

Cheers,

Bucky

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

just confirms my opinion of police, creating a hazardous situation totally unnecessarily and for what? to further alienate members of the public. its why I always ride with a camera now.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:28 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:And therein lies the value of a helmet cam of some sort.

Still, the legal and correct thing to do would have been to back off a bit then report the erratic driving
after:
1. duly indicating your intention to leave the road in search of a safe place to park the bike,
2. placing your hazard light switch into the "on" position, and turning off the ign thus stopping the mechanical symphony between your legs
3. dismounting the bike to the left hand side after placing your side stand down, as dismounting to the right of the bicircumferenced motorised velocatory machine is just plain wrong
4. checking to make sure your hazard lights are working to warn other road users that you are in fact stopped and may pose a hazard to thier right to be on the road,
5. removing your gloves and helmet to indicate that you are stopped and your whole attention is focused on something other than the riding of your machine

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

is there any information on the time of week this happened; weekend,or during the week?

this is another reason i`m buying a camera,and still leaves me wondering of size of card to get,given a typical 600km trip,and only stopping for fuel once
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:51 pm

It should be noted the rider wasnt complaining about getting pinged for double lines. Just the actions of the interferrence car. It cost him $298.

I dont get what dhula was getting at.

The rider/s had a choice and picked the wrong one.
As riders we would expect someone (any other vehicle) overtaking a cop car of all things over doubles to be dealt with.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:57 pm

I rarely if ever cross double centre lines ... on this particular weekend I had cause to do it (we are talking about the same road here) but it wasn't a nissan x-trail as far as I can recall ... in anycase I wasn't pulled over and given a ticket.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 21 Sep 2012, 7:43 pm

I suppose it would be whether or not the 4wd was driving in a dangerous manner or just trying to give them the shits as to what I would do about it . If it was driving in a manner dangerous , a call to the ombudsman or even through the court system may be appropriate , but if it was just giving them the shits & if it was an unmarked car , then some of the same behavior back may be appropriate.
Even a complaint to internal affairs must be investigated & acted upon .

Last edited by paul on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 21 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I dont get what dhula was getting at.
I was being a smart arse. I wsa trying to kinda add to what you were saying to make it kinda funny in a stupid way but it kinda didn't work.

Oh bugger it, I don't know what I'm getting at either.

IMO cheating coppers trying to antagonize drivers/riders and trick them into making the wrong decision is pretty dam close if not on the money for obtaining funds by deception or better worded as fraud.
Yet they get away with it under the guise of "policing"

Disclaimer, these are my opinions and not those of the forum or any other member on the forum (there I go again, dribbling on and ........................................................................)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

Any story that opens with "this happened o a freind of mine . . ."sound sus to me
was it only reported on the radio? any other media reports from the actual person who it happened to?
A lot of these types of stories always have another side.
This is not a dig at the OP either, just my opinion.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

This seems to be real it was also posted on another forum http://www.nswriders.org/t4948-police-oph-entrapment

I try to avoid where the Sydney riders go, they attract trouble because the numbers make enforcement more profitable worthwhile. Rolling Eyes

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down