Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fathers day in the dirt

4 posters

Go down

Fathers day in the dirt Empty Fathers day in the dirt

Post  car_ham Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:47 am

Went riding for the morning on the other Suzi, it seems the big girl didn't get to jealous, she was still at home waiting for me. Ohhh yes, wife and kids didn't mind too much either.

Fathers day in the dirt 20120910Fathers day in the dirt Water_10Fathers day in the dirt Jump_410

BikesGSX1250FA - 2012, black with Beowulf oval carbon fibre exhaust, Renthal Ultra Low Black Bars, Geelong Carbon Craft Carbon Fibre tank guard, Speedo Healer,TRE, Brake Light Pro, Butterflies removed, Ventura rack
DRZ400 - 2008 - Safari Tank, bash plate, Pro Taper bars,
car_ham
car_ham

Back to top Go down

Fathers day in the dirt Empty Re: Fathers day in the dirt

Post  reddog Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

Nice! I took my DRZ out for a thrash on Saturday. How does that big tank go on the beast? I find my bike pretty heavy already.

I swapped bikes with a mate who has just picked up a KTM 200EXC. That little bike goes pretty well for what it is. It doesn't enjoy putting around though and drinks fuel something bad.

I never fell off so all was good in the world Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  car_ham Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:22 am

reddog wrote:Nice! I took my DRZ out for a thrash on Saturday. How does that big tank go on the beast? I find my bike pretty heavy already.

I swapped bikes with a mate who has just picked up a KTM 200EXC. That little bike goes pretty well for what it is. It doesn't enjoy putting around though and drinks fuel something bad.

I never fell off so all was good in the world Smile

I'm lucky that i got the big tank with the bike so I can swap depending on what I am doing, i.e range I need. When full the bike is more settled in the front, probably telling me that I need to do some setup on the front suspension to suit the smaller tank. Heavy it is, as we know bikes are like buttered bread, they always fall with the tank facing downhill.

BikesGSX1250FA - 2012, black with Beowulf oval carbon fibre exhaust, Renthal Ultra Low Black Bars, Geelong Carbon Craft Carbon Fibre tank guard, Speedo Healer,TRE, Brake Light Pro, Butterflies removed, Ventura rack
DRZ400 - 2008 - Safari Tank, bash plate, Pro Taper bars,
car_ham
car_ham

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

I can rmemeber crashing my DRZ going up a very steep hill, got caught out in a rut and binned it. Trying to pick it up was hard work, but trying to gte momentum to get up the hill was nigh on impossible. My older brother came and helped me out, by that time I was totally knackered, so he jumped on it and I pushed him to help get the bike moving. Sometimes you wished you had a little 100Kg 2 stroke Smile Then again the DRZ makes most hill climbs easy with it's great bottom end.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

How many dirt riders we got? I have a kayto 300 exe, but don't get out much. It's old and tired but is still a blast to ride.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:14 pm

Dek: Just took a mate out for a ride on the weekend on his new toy. 2000 KTM 200EXC. The little 2 stroke is pretty fun to ride to be honest, just hunts a lot at low rpm and drinks fuel like no tomorrow. They come with all the gear which I like, Magura clutch, brembo brakes, but parts are ridiculously priced. Probably why people refer to them as Keep Taking Money or Kost Too Much Smile

I'd love to pick one up cheap and try to fit the DRZ motor in it.

reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

Not too many places to muck around here anymore Crying or Very sad

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content