Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slip on exhausts for Bandits

+2
mtbeerwah
Bluesman79
6 posters

Go down

Slip on exhausts for Bandits Empty Slip on exhausts for Bandits

Post  Bluesman79 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:29 pm

Rolling Eyes I'm wondering if anyone can advise on slip on exhausts for my 2004 1200s...I was going to buy a slip on exhaust that came with a link pipe but I have noticed that my standard exhaust link pipe is welded...is this normal? I thought there would be a clamp to undo and thats it?...please help...
Bluesman79
Bluesman79

Back to top Go down

Slip on exhausts for Bandits Empty Re: Slip on exhausts for Bandits

Post  Bluesman79 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

hELLLLPPPPPP pLeaseee
Bluesman79
Bluesman79

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:50 pm

explain a bit more?

i`ve got an 03,and 01-05 are basically the same. The link pipe on mine ,was bolted to the can,and clamped to the header,as yours SHOULD be the same at the header connection!! are you saying that the weld is at the header link point?
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:55 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:explain a bit more?

i`ve got an 03,and 01-05 are basically the same. The link pipe on mine ,was bolted to the can,and clamped to the header,as yours SHOULD be the same at the header connection!! are you saying that the weld is at the header link point?

That's the way I read the post too.
I think the stock 1200 can and link pipe are as one piece aren't they. Surely no one has welded the pipe to the collector.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Slip on exhausts for Bandits Empty Slip on exhausts for Bandits

Post  paul Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:59 pm

Maybe he didn't notice the bolt behind the small cover plate ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:05 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
mtbeerwah wrote:explain a bit more?

That's the way I read the post too.
I think the stock 1200 can and link pipe are as one piece aren't they. Surely no one has welded the pipe to the collector.

mine and earlier were ally and bolted at the can,but you could be right with the 04-05 as they went to stainless,but no way welded at header
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesman79 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:22 pm

Hmmm, thanks for your help with the posts. I think i'll have to have another look...it just seemed that the weld was at the point where the link pipe should attach, but I'm not even sure if thats correct...doesn't bode well for me putting a new exhaust on correctly does it hahaha
Bluesman79
Bluesman79

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesman79 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

One more thing, is a slip on going to effect how well my bandit runs? Will it need a tune afterwards? Whats everyones experience? Thanks Smile
Bluesman79
Bluesman79

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:47 pm

how longs a piece of string!!

mine needed doing when new can and k&n were put on together, but..if "can" on its own,you should be right. you will soon find out though if you get any flat spots in it. In the perfect world if you listen to any guru,they will tell you any time you alter the breathing in any way,you should retune,but you don`t have to be anal about it,only if it up sets the set up in a major way..but you should be right with can on its own,as many here will say
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesman79 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:03 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate the help Very Happy
Bluesman79
Bluesman79

Back to top Go down

Post  ohmyfj55 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 9:24 pm

Hey Mate,

First thing I did at the 1000kay service was bolt a Staintune muffler to the bike and it felt great...until the modification bug bit. If you post some pics of the link pipe we can have a look. Shop around for mufflers if you are thinking about aftermarket. The Staintune was considered a "Stage 1" pipe and for the $700 i paid for it was frankly too much money (ended up giving it away). The current selection of aftermarket mufflers that are on offer from Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) in the States would offer better value and have better suitability to the Bandit....especially with the value of the dollar.

Purchased the Holeshot extractor set and it was delivered to my door for the exact amount of freight quoted with nothing else to pay. Three different sized mufflers on offer for up to around the $300 mark U.S. compared to Staintune, Yoshimura etc.

Regards,
Nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:39 am

ohmyfj55 wrote:Hey Mate,

First thing I did at the 1000kay service was bolt a Staintune muffler to the bike and it felt great...until the modification bug bit. If you post some pics of the link pipe we can have a look. Shop around for mufflers if you are thinking about aftermarket. The Staintune was considered a "Stage 1" pipe and for the $700 i paid for it was frankly too much money (ended up giving it away). The current selection of aftermarket mufflers that are on offer from Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) in the States would offer better value and have better suitability to the Bandit....especially with the value of the dollar.

Purchased the Holeshot extractor set and it was delivered to my door for the exact amount of freight quoted with nothing else to pay. Three different sized mufflers on offer for up to around the $300 mark U.S. compared to Staintune, Yoshimura etc.

Regards,
Nathan
Hahahaha Your a complicated man Nathan. A silver Bandit that's now white, A $700 Staintune that's now replaced with a Supertrap, But you recommend a $300 DW can. I do think Staintune can's are a little over priced, but nice.

P.S. I would like to hear what the Bandit sounds like with a Supertrap on. Very Happy ???

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  ohmyfj55 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 8:36 pm

Hey Reardo,

MMMM, trying to record something with video and then posting it online....have to ask the tech-savvy missus on that one, more a pushrod engine with carbs type than this new fangled OHC injection stuff. Though my old Petrol Cruiser does have electronic ignition.

Well the Supertrapp was only $225 but people seem to think they are a bit odd without a hole in the end of it and takes a bit to explain the whole "adjusting the amount of discs depending on economy or power" sometimes, so went with the D.W. suggestion.

Gave the Staintune to Grahame as he wasn't planning any other mods to his '09. Reckon that the Supertrapp would be a good start with a stock bike as you could try it with just 12 discs first, then add more depending on level of mods (Stage 1,2 etc) They are a very light muffler. The most discs recommended is 24, of which mine is fitted with.

Nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down