Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please

4 posters

Go down

Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please Empty Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please

Post  Bucky Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

I bought a "Kaoko" throttle lock (to give the right hand a break on the ride to the Phillip Island GP) & after a bit of a hand for the install.

The instructions state that the handle bar tube should be recessed inside of the throttle tube by 2mm-2.5mm. Mine is the other way round, with the handle bar tube sticking out past the throttle tube slightly ( have Oxford heated grips too )

To lossen the throttle tube to be able to slide it out along the handle bar a touch, do I just undo the screws under the switchblock near the throttle grip ? Or is there more to it than that ?

Any help much appreciated !

Cheers,

Bucky

Back to top Go down

Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please Empty Re: Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please

Post  barry_mcki Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

Hi Bucky, I haven't seen a Kaoko however something doesn't sound right if you have to move your switch block. The block is held in position by a plastic pin recessed into a hole in the original bars. You would need to drill another hole in the bars to stop the switch block from slipping round. Moving the block will also mean moving the throttle and brake cables, there is not too much spare length in them.

Sorry I can't be of any help with this setup, others on here might be able to assist. Good luck & post pics of how you get it installed once you figure it out.

Last edited by barry_mcki on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please Empty Re: Kaoko throttle lock install question / help please

Post  Bucky Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:35 am

Thanks, I'll have a play around with it & post some pics up when its done.

Cheers,

Bucky

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

Sorry , I haven't fitted one of that brand , I use a vista one

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  murmar Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:04 am

Hi Paul,

Which Vista fits your Bandit, the Universal with the little 'bridge' over the switch block or the slim line one with just the one locking ring.

I prefer the single ring type but my research seems to indicate I need the 'bridge' sort. Yuk.

Thanks.
murmar
murmar

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 14 Aug 2012, 6:11 pm

murmar wrote:Hi Paul,

Which Vista fits your Bandit, the Universal with the little 'bridge' over the switch block or the slim line one with just the one locking ring.

I prefer the single ring type but my research seems to indicate I need the 'bridge' sort. Yuk.

Thanks.

Yep the bridge one ; there isn't enough of a gap for the other type . don't get the imitation one either , my lad did & it flexed a fair bit // managed to get mine on without the extra little spacer as well . Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  murmar Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:04 pm

Thanks Paul, I had a slimline one fitted to the 96 Bandit and was hoping to get another for the new Bandit.

The new throttle grip looks the same as the old one.......I wonder.......
murmar
murmar

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

murmar wrote:Thanks Paul, I had a slimline one fitted to the 96 Bandit and was hoping to get another for the new Bandit.

The new throttle grip looks the same as the old one.......I wonder.......

You might get lucky , but I couldn't find one to fit ( mate of mine had a series 1 bandit with one also )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  murmar Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

I did it Smile

I purchased a NEP CC4 ($24 delivered from USA) and it fits the 2010 Bandit.

My bike also has Oxford grips which means there is a slightly larger gap between the grip and the switch box. It would not have fitted with the standard grips.

There was no way I was fitting one of those Vista Universal things. They're ugly, they interfer wiht the grip and you need to move the clutch lever inboard a bit to mount the thing.
murmar
murmar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down