Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE

3 posters

Go down

Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE Empty Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE

Post  2010banditsa Sun 21 Mar 2010, 1:16 pm

this may be a silly question, but the more i read around the place it seems that there are some restrictions on the 1250's performance that are put in place by Suzuki and that they are relatively easily removed. Apart from the obvious showing the gear that youre in, it seems this doodad tricks the restrictor thingy. Is this right? forgive me if this seems like a stupid question. Any disadvantages to removing the limitations, if they can in fact be "removed"
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE Empty Re: Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE

Post  Dekenai Sun 21 Mar 2010, 6:25 pm

There is no downside! In fact some threads that I have read say that there is an improvement in fuel economy, which makes sense as retarding the timing would reduce the energy extracted from combustion. As, well I reckon the engine has a dead feel as it runs into the retard. This is most noticeable in first and second. At the end of the day its just a poor man's traction control.

BTW I love the gear indicator, I was always looking for 7th before I fitted mine, oh and finally it doesn't make that much difference at least IMHO,

regards Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE Empty Re: Holeshot Bandit 1250 GI Pro Gear Indicator Kit with ATRE

Post  2010banditsa Sun 21 Mar 2010, 7:07 pm

so do you have one of those same ones mate? does it make much of a difference?
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 22 Mar 2010, 1:51 am

if ya want it for the gear indicator - get one or one that does a similar job.

if you want it for the extra power/economy thing then can I suggest you disconnect the GP sensor and go for a spin first. this forces a 6th gear code/map to be used by the ECU no mater the gear you are physically in. this is the cheep bastards way to see if you can notice a difference in power/economy
Be warned tho, the neutral light will not work so be careful when selecting N to be sure it is actually in N.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 22 Mar 2010, 6:29 pm

2010banditsa wrote:so do you have one of those same ones mate? does it make much of a difference?

Hi, yes i have one of the Holeshot units, while the effect is noticable i would not say it makes much difference, mostly I noticed it didn't feel as 'dead' at say 5K RPM plus in 1st and 2nd.

Easy way to give it a go is to take Dhula's advice and disconnect the GPS. You may notice that the idle in neutral is a little rougher as the ECU will not be retarding the ignition to make it smoother.

If you want the whole story head over to Maximum Suzuki and look at threads about removing the secondaries and Holeshot stage 2 mods. But, just BTW you may like to look at sorting the suspension and handling first.

Anyways, cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down