Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake problem fixed .

4 posters

Go down

Brake problem fixed . Empty Brake problem fixed .

Post  gus Sat 30 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

I undid my brake lines the other week to re-route them a different way .Had to bleed them again but no problems .Then it rained for 2 weeks .
Today though was a 23 deg cracker so a ride was on .Brakes felt strange ,good most times but once the lever came Waaaaay back .Not good .
At home brake inspection found a leaky copper washer .This is it ,notice the scratch mark on it .I have no idea how it got in this condition but
guessing it binded to the caliper .
Brake problem fixed . IMG_3979

I know you are supposed to use new one ever time but who has ever 7 spare (not me anyway ) but i did have one old one .
I then remembered old trick .Annealing .If you heat the copper washer red hot (30 seconds ) then chuck it into some water the washer becomes nice and bendy ,perfect for re-use .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Brake problem fixed . Empty Re: Brake problem fixed .

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 30 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

gus wrote:

I know you are supposed to use new one ever time but who has ever 7 spare (not me anyway ) but i did have one old one .
I then remembered old trick .Annealing .If you heat the copper washer red hot (30 seconds ) then chuck it into some water the washer becomes nice and bendy ,perfect for re-use .

Very good Gus, I always did that to the head gasket on my 2 stroke dirt bike, never had a problem, a BBQ does the job nicely. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 01 Jul 2012, 9:14 am

Cheers Gus. I better keep an eye on those.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sun 01 Jul 2012, 9:46 am

Aluminum can be annealed using oxy acytylene also. Blacken using pure acytylene flame then adjust to a neutral flame (add oxy) and heat until all the black is gone (doesn't take much) and all good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down