Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium??

+5
Jon
gus
Ewok1958
mtbeerwah
Sunshine Coast Mikey
9 posters

Go down

what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium?? Empty what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium??

Post  Sunshine Coast Mikey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:11 pm

OK, here we go again. Looking on e-bay at yoshi R77, other than weight what is the difference between st/less, carbon, titanium and st/less with carbon tip??
Sunshine Coast Mikey
Sunshine Coast Mikey

Back to top Go down

what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium?? Empty Re: what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium??

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

there all different materials,not just by name alien
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium?? Empty Re: what's the difference in carbon/stainless and titanium??

Post  Sunshine Coast Mikey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

yeah thanks, lol. Have decided to go with YOSHI R77 stainless / carbon tip from the US for $470. Does away with repacking hassles i guess!!
Still trying to find out if i need a new air filter or if the stock one is ok ??
Sunshine Coast Mikey
Sunshine Coast Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine Coast Mikey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:29 pm

oh, and the original question was in regards to sound and maintenance!!
Sunshine Coast Mikey
Sunshine Coast Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 4:39 pm

My R77 Carbon has done about 28,000kms and I haven't done any maintenance - was I supposed to?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 09 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

They will all sound the same .Stainless you will be able to sand out small scuffs and is strong but a little heavy (not much ). Carbon, light but
can be a little fragile .Titanium a mixture of both .At least thats how i see them ,could be wrong though . All good .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Sat 09 Jun 2012, 5:07 pm

Stock filter will be fine

Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 09 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

I believe the Carbon R77 is a bit cooler (I mean temperature wise, but it is also cool in the looks department) on the outside, not sure if this is the same across the other types. I was melting holes in my poly work tousers on the Remus I had, with the CF R77 I can actually touch the muffler as soon as I have turned off the bike.
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine Coast Mikey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 5:53 pm

Thanks that's what i was thinking, but the more ya dig into these things the more it confusing it gets !!
Sunshine Coast Mikey
Sunshine Coast Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:40 pm

there should be a different pitch due to resination of different materials,
Not have one,but i believe carbon is a deeper note
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

Titanium dissipates heat fastest followed by CF then S/S.
No one I know with Yoshi on the street has repacked theirs. Some manufacturers claim "no repacking required" and we're to assume some require repacking. I don't think they do.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:47 pm

I have a Yoshi Titanium end can and I can tell you from experience it is hot after a ride. A CF can you can touch no problem
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sun 10 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

Agree with reddog. I have a Remus titanium on my Beemer GS and a CF Beowulf on the GSX1250, and the CF can is the cooler to touch of the two.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down