Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your opinion????

+7
Chook
truck
2wheelsagain
paul
Corsa79
Bosco15
mtbeerwah
11 posters

Go down

Whats your opinion???? Empty Whats your opinion????

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 22 Jul 2015, 8:46 pm

Let me start by saying, that in no way do I or would I like to see any ridder hurt whilst operating a bike, or any vehicle for that matter.

Ok, back to the point.

I just got back to Gladstone from Brisbane, and my last stop before leaving Brisbane was to get fuel. I had two of my bikes on my trailer.
  Upon pulling up to the garage, there was two sports bikes on the opposite side of the road getting ready to leave in the other direction.
They had seen me pulling up as I glanced across the road, but I don`t go out of my way to ogle sports bikes, they, to me, were just two bikes on the other side of the road.
  I started filling up my car, and hadn`t given them another thought.
I immediately heard one take off very quickly, and I glanced across because of the excessive noise, and at that moment, his arse end stepped out, and he high sided, bouncing down the road.
Now..I don`t know if he was showing off, "look at me on my sports bike, its better than your touring bike" or what, but I bet he`s regretting it now.
Two cars pulled up to see if he was alright, and he was down for quiet some time, even after I had finished filling and paid, he had only just gotten up.
I wasn`t about to go across as he was being attended to by others, and there was nothing I could do anyway. If I was the only one around, I would have run across immediately. But it looked fairly well self inflicted to me.

I never do that kind of thing. Yes I`ll accelerate to get up to speed to merge with traffic, but at that point, there was a break in the traffic, so he didn`t need to do 0-100 in 3 secs in a 60 zone.

What do you folks think?
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Whats your opinion???? Empty Re: Whats your opinion????

Post  Bosco15 Wed 22 Jul 2015, 9:04 pm

Young, dumb and full of cum!
Showing off and learning the lessons that go with it. 
We have all been there, to some extent at least.  
We can't help it. It's physiology. 
We no longer have to fight Sabre Tooth Tigers, so create our own risks in order to fulfill the needs not met by modern life.  
I'm just glad that I have made it to mid life without any of my stupid moments costing me too dearly.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 22 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

That's fairly well my opinion as well.

I assumed he was a young-in.

And yes, I have been that age, growing up with a passion for motor sport, and also live to tell the tail.

I have stated in the past, that I`m glad that I got seriously into bikes a little later in life, at 22, and not when I got my licence at 17, or I`m sure things would be different.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Wed 22 Jul 2015, 9:46 pm

I agree but I don't think its all about age I have seen a fair few older gyes going through there midlife crises buy there first bike and do a Q ride course and think they can ride. I started riding from the day I got my L's and didn't actually get my car licence till I was 24. I started on a gutless xs240 and only had silly accidents at low speed like pulling up on side of road and using to much front brake so on. I did have a good teacher my step Dad he taught me basics and went riding with me and I use to go out to on the grass and in coldersack (we lived out of town) and practised my bike control by doing figure 8s and slow riding emergency breaking so on. As soon as I got my P's you couldn't keep me from riding it everyday. When I got my big bike licence the tester couldn't believe how quike and how controlled (without skidding ) I pulled up in the emergency breaking on a ZZR600. All comes down to I started with basics masterd them. I still practise the basics. Slow riding cornering breaking mind you haven't done a figure 8 for a long time lol.
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 22 Jul 2015, 10:22 pm

Yep .we have all been dickheads , Still am at times all be it at a more sedate level . Though I would still like to think someone would pull me from my own pile of self inflicted shit if need be ; if as you say though there were loads of others there to help , I probably would have just acknowledged the situation , just in-case everyone else's phone was stuffed or out of range & went on my way .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 23 Jul 2015, 8:29 am

Sounds like a tyre test that failed Laughing
The tool will have a different excuse though.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Thu 23 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

Yep if a person is behaving in a foolish manner and he/she has an accident, I wont be stopping to help. Bike rider or other.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 23 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm

I'm not sure about other states but in SA you have a legal obligation to stop at a accident regardless of how stupid they were
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 23 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

Chook wrote:I'm not sure about other states but in SA you have a legal obligation to stop at a accident regardless of how stupid they were
Is that only if your involved?
I would think that there would be no legal requirement otherwise

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  V17R Thu 23 Jul 2015, 9:27 pm

if there are other people already there I'd take off also
unless you are trained what are you going to do?
In regards to what happened, nearly everyone has done stupid stuff and regretted it latter

V17R

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 23 Jul 2015, 11:34 pm

Each to there own. I like wheelies, if I fell off I hope someone stops as I would for a fallen rider regardless of knob or not
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeswe Fri 24 Jul 2015, 1:39 am

Hey look at me and my new gsxr and color coordinated leathers! Embarassed

Last edited by mikeswe on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : embed vid)

mikeswe

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 24 Jul 2015, 6:25 am

I`ve seen that old clip before.
I don`t think he actually hit it that hard, but a case of new tyre syndrome.

I would never not stop if I`m the only one around for someone, and after thinking about it for some time, we have all done stupid things in life.
Its called the learning curve of life, knowing your limits and stupid levels. If he had hurt someone, then your obligated to be a witness, and I would have no hesitation in going to the victim first to assess injury levels before him.

We`re not all perfect, but some out there never learn. But I guess I shouldn`t play judge and jury, when I have done stupid things also in life.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:34 pm

I was driving with the wife last week and a hero on a Harley flew between me and another car. We were doing the speed limit of 80 and he was pulling 110 therabouts. I said to my wife if he falls off I aint stoppin. That is the definition of stupid I wont be stopping for.
Doing stunts/wheelies in traffic you fall off I will go around and keep going. If youre on an open road with no one else around - I'll stop.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 27 Jul 2015, 2:10 pm

truck wrote:I was driving with the wife last week and a hero on a Harley flew between me and another car. We were doing the speed limit of 80 and he was pulling 110 therabouts. I said to my wife if he falls off I aint stoppin. That is the definition of stupid I wont be stopping for.
Doing stunts/wheelies in traffic you fall off I will go around and keep going. If youre on an open road with no one else around - I'll stop.

What if everyone thought the same? no one would stop. He might be doing something stupid but I wouldn't think it deserves a death sentence. Extreme I know but possible if no one came to his aid and at least called an ambulance.
Of course if you see the idiot get up, dust himself off and start trying to pick the bike up, I too would probably keep going.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

madmax wrote:
truck wrote:I was driving with the wife last week and a hero on a Harley flew between me and another car. We were doing the speed limit of 80 and he was pulling 110 therabouts. I said to my wife if he falls off I aint stoppin. That is the definition of stupid I wont be stopping for.

What if everyone thought the same? no one would stop. He might be doing something stupid but I wouldn't think it deserves a death sentence. Extreme I know but possible if no one came to his aid and at least called an ambulance.
Of course if you see the idiot get up, dust himself off and start trying to pick the bike up, I too would probably keep going.

Sorry MM, when I say between me and another car I mean between me and another car (ala Ghost Rider Style) and thereby putting my family, the other family and rider him/herself in danger of at least an incident. 
I was never that stupid as a young fella to do something that put other persons in danger as a consequence of my stupid behaviour. My dad would have flogged me good.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down