Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust

+2
2wheelsagain
Davest10
6 posters

Go down

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust Empty Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust

Post  Davest10 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

Hey guys I have just installed my new Yoshimura carbon fibre R77 exhaust however the centre stand bracket and stopper on the new tail pipe does not line up with the centre stand. It is about 20mm too far back. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a fix.

Davest10

Back to top Go down

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust Empty Re: Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

You should have some adjustment in how far you push it onto the collector/cat section.
Failing that confirm you were sent the correct link pipe.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust Empty Re: Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust

Post  Davest10 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:You should have some adjustment in how far you push it onto the collector/cat section.
Failing that confirm you were sent the correct link pipe.

Yeah have sent them an email. The paperwork that came with the pipe says it is suitable for my model so I cant work out why is it not lining up!! Mad

Davest10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:04 pm

Here's a photo of mine (R77 Carbon and standard headers/cat). I lost the rubber thingy when i dropped it on a dirt road. But you can see that it line sup properly.

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust Xxxx0521
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:16 pm

My R77 lines up spot on as well, same as EWOK but with the rubber stoper. (2007 1250S)
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust Empty Old gasket keeps new exhaust from going on fully.

Post  adventure-moto Sun 27 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

Hi Guys, I just installed a R-77 on my 2011 GSX1250FA - and I had the same problem - the center stand was not hitting on the rubber of the exhaust bracket correctly when it was up. So I re-read the instructions, (always a good idea!) and noticed that I had not taken the stock exhaust gasket off. It's a grey band that is wrapped around the exhaust pipe where it comes out of the collector area. So once I noticed that - I ripped the stock gasket material off, and then the R-77 pipe slid all the way down onto the outlet - and the center stand hits spot-on now when it's up - right where it's supposed to on the exhaust brackets rubber stopper. Be sure the stock gasket material is removed before you put your pipe on. If you look at the pictures on the Yosh web site installation instructions (which are much easier to see details in - than the printed instructions they send you) you can see that your new pipe slides all the way up to the collector outlet base of the exhaust. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to keep my stock plastic hard bag from getting melted by the new R-77 pipe!
adventure-moto
adventure-moto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:07 pm

In my experience the R77 doesn't get that hot on the outside. You can basically touch it after a ride.

Are you worried about the can or the outlet melting your bags? A bit of that silver heatproof tape should do the trick.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm

There should be no problem, the outlet of the R77's point the exhaust almost directly parallel with the ground, not up at the bottom of the pannier. I've done a couple thousand kms without any issues.

Check out Kewwig's thread if you want to make up a bracket to push the exhaust down a little, but I think you will find if everything is installed correctly it should not be needed.

Centerstand Stopper not lining up on new Exhaust Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down